Re: Bard RVR Spec

semadin wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:38 pm
Ah I missed the area increase on the instant.

Are resists an issue with +skills?
+skill does not effect resist rates. Resist rates are solely the level of the spell vs the level of the target (there's an additional calc for level difference from you, but in rvr you are all the same level so it's not really needed).

That being said a few things:
1) The 10 blade snare is pretty nice, you might not use it much, but it's nice to have. Also, what is not readily known is that if you perform the style and reequip the harp prior to the song's tick ending, you won't have to restart the song. So it's great for being able to provide a rupt / snare without jeopardizing yours songs even when you are being rupted. However, I will admit that it takes some getting used too, so some people probably would prefer to get the 30% res or 33 major heal instead of the 10 blades... and if it fits the play style you are comfortable with, do it.

2) The bigger radius for the AE mezz is kind of nice, but the insta AE mezz is basically a speed breaker only. You shouldn't worry much about the duration of it regardless. There's times where the extra radius is awesome, and there's times where it's nice to have the smaller radius to not catch as many people in the crappy duration.

3) Unless you are doing lots of small manning, you probably won't be healing all that much. Usually the bard has better things to do. Sure it's nice to have the heavy heal just in case... and you could argue that the duration increase isn't that much (9 total seconds) on the casted mezz so it doesn't really matter. Some fights the lower power of the yellow AE mezz is very handy to have. You will want to run high MOF though to boost the spell level up to not get resisted as much though.

basically... it boils down to play what feels right to you. I've seen lots of great bards with both specs, and some of the people I play with just have play styles that lean more to one vs the others. Spec toward your play style, and you can make either spec work wonders.

gotwqqd wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:01 am
49 music
43 nurture
10 reg
??
I don't see the appeal of 49 music, as matter damage is pretty scarce here. Maybe 48 for the slightly better cold resist, but even that's pretty hard to justify, as iirc the songs don't stack with druid resists. Plus, weaving them in with your main songs is pretty darn clunky, especially in combat. Meanwhile you're giving up your side snare, or going completely unspecced in reg.

I've been running 43n/38m/27r/17b and have been pretty happy with it. I miss the larger insta mez sometimes but I feel it's been worth it overall for the flexibility I get. I'm not exclusively 8 manning on this server and the heals are nice to have for smallman and keep fight situations.

I mainly play bard in 8v8 or small men and I can tell you that 37 music, 10 blades rest heals is your best bang.

Side snare is amazing (u can side snare and swapping instantly back to instrument to dont loose any song running).
33 in heals is great cause you can heal really well in smallman and duo, where you can be short on druids and wardens. In 8v8 setups, witch are mostly caster's heavy, you will find yourself kiting hard and not very often in melee range to rupt, so throwing a heal here and there is great.

Get MoC1 to demez.

If you are running only with BGs any spec is fine

Having Sidesnare is extremely beneficial when the bard is played well, these two are what I consider the only viable specs

43 Nurture
44 Music
20 Regrowth
10 Blades

Or

43 Nurture
37 Music
26 Regrowth
20 Blades

1st one is red aoe mezz, 2nd one is better major heal and more weaponskill for the sidesnare.
Nfct Runemaster <Pale>
Cait Bard <Fale>
Nefcaiti Minstrel <Yale>

Nefcait wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:08 am
Having Sidesnare is extremely beneficial when the bard is played well, these two are what I consider the only viable specs

43 Nurture
44 Music
20 Regrowth
10 Blades

Or

43 Nurture
37 Music
26 Regrowth
20 Blades

1st one is red aoe mezz, 2nd one is better major heal and more weaponskill for the sidesnare.
I would change the 2nd one to:
43 Nurture
37 Music
27 Regrowth
19 Blades
for the spec grp heal at 27 regrowth.

Chysil wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:27 pm
semadin wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:38 pm
Ah I missed the area increase on the instant.

Are resists an issue with +skills?
+skill does not effect resist rates. Resist rates are solely the level of the spell vs the level of the target (there's an additional calc for level difference from you, but in rvr you are all the same level so it's not really needed).

That being said a few things:
1) The 10 blade snare is pretty nice, you might not use it much, but it's nice to have. Also, what is not readily known is that if you perform the style and reequip the harp prior to the song's tick ending, you won't have to restart the song. So it's great for being able to provide a rupt / snare without jeopardizing yours songs even when you are being rupted. However, I will admit that it takes some getting used too, so some people probably would prefer to get the 30% res or 33 major heal instead of the 10 blades... and if it fits the play style you are comfortable with, do it.

2) The bigger radius for the AE mezz is kind of nice, but the insta AE mezz is basically a speed breaker only. You shouldn't worry much about the duration of it regardless. There's times where the extra radius is awesome, and there's times where it's nice to have the smaller radius to not catch as many people in the crappy duration.

3) Unless you are doing lots of small manning, you probably won't be healing all that much. Usually the bard has better things to do. Sure it's nice to have the heavy heal just in case... and you could argue that the duration increase isn't that much (9 total seconds) on the casted mezz so it doesn't really matter. Some fights the lower power of the yellow AE mezz is very handy to have. You will want to run high MOF though to boost the spell level up to not get resisted as much though.

basically... it boils down to play what feels right to you. I've seen lots of great bards with both specs, and some of the people I play with just have play styles that lean more to one vs the others. Spec toward your play style, and you can make either spec work wonders.
The Drunken Ranger approves!
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902