Re: Nerf Minstrel pets

Nauglamir wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:09 am
There is a risk of taking a higher level pet. You loose control and it bites you, fucking up your game.
Unless you tell it to bite you, upping your game ... In that case, it's cool

Siouxsie wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:45 pm
Hi,

Original Poster here. Seen 2 minstrels running around *THIDRANKI* with red pets. On live this was not possible until at least RR6 / Level 50. Please fix this obviously very broken mechanic.
Oi, it takes a lot of skill to tame that named mob with a LD proc. You should just accept Thid is for the Albs.
Pollojack FuwaFuwaTime - SB Frostbiter WasterOfDays - Hunter Ttoll - Shaman
Bodyache - NS Lofticries - Ranger Heartsigh - Ani Shuck - Champ Repetition - Eld Asido - Chant
PurgeFTW - Necro Politicalgnome - Minst

Nauglamir wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:07 pm
A BD that knows what he is doing can basically not loose.
Properly played Skalds with equal RR (being Slash and Kasimier, basically) are incredibly hard, not allowing for any mistake - and even if there are none, it's a 50/50 chance at max.
Properly played Shadowblade/Nightshade, knowing when to purge and how to switch weapons is very hard.
Properly played SM is extremely hard. [Impossible, actually.]
Properly played Hunter would be hard, have not met one.
Thane that knows how to use his tools is extremely hard.
Every properly played shieldtank is extremely hard.
Shamans that are properly played are hard.
Champions are a nightmare.
Every caster that runs solo is a free kill. [At least you were honest about this part.]
Just wanted to point out to everyone how amazingly disengenuous this post was. You just easily killed my SM with your red barguest. Why? Because you and your pet are literally un-CCable, and you have speed 6, which leaves me with no option other than MoC... or so I thought. Apparently, your red pet can interrupt most of my casts while I'm using MoC, and you clearly knew about this since you pointed to the pet and shook your head no after I died. Yet in your post, you claimed that a well played SM is hard to win against. I'm not sure what you expect SMs to do that would make them hard to win against.
Kroll / Rhing / Baudith
*Past Lives*
(Hib/MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Mid/Bors) Kleib/RM > (Alb/Kay) Traep/Minst, Seizen/Theurg > (Mid/Lancelot Cluster) Chassis/Sav > (Hib/Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Mid/Uthgard) Mordigg/BD

joshisanonymous wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:08 am
Nauglamir wrote:
Properly played Skalds with equal RR (being Slash and Kasimier, basically) are incredibly hard, not allowing for any mistake - and even if there are none, it's a 50/50 chance at max.
Properly played Shadowblade/Nightshade, knowing when to purge and how to switch weapons is very hard.
Every caster that runs solo is a free kill. [At least you were honest about this part.]
Just wanted to point out to everyone how amazingly disengenuous this post was. You just easily killed my SM with your red barguest. Why? Because you and your pet are literally un-CCable, and you have speed 6, which leaves me with no option other than MoC... or so I thought. Apparently, your red pet can interrupt most of my casts while I'm using MoC, and you clearly knew about this since you pointed to the pet and shook your head no after I died. Yet in your post, you claimed that a well played SM is hard to win against. I'm not sure what you expect SMs to do that would make them hard to win against.
Caught you rebuffing (perfect inc for me), you did not recast pet or use debuffs, purged and mocced at the wrong point in time - still got me to 30%, including healpot & healcharge. Ask Bombzzz for further info about your class, please - definitely not impossible. As easy as taking out a pure melee, pressing 1 button while sipping from your coffee? Probably not. Doable? At comparable realmrank and without mistakes, probably

Still think that list is valid. Would absolutely add Valewalker,tho

Nauglamir wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:26 am
joshisanonymous wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:08 am
Nauglamir wrote:
Caught you rebuffing (perfect inc for me), you did not recast pet or use debuffs, purged and mocced at the wrong point in time - still got me to 30%, including healpot & healcharge. Ask Bombzzz for further info about your class, please - definitely not impossible. As easy as taking out a pure melee, pressing 1 button while sipping from your coffee? Probably not. Doable? At comparable realmrank and without mistakes, probably

Still think that list is valid. Would absolutely add Valewalker,tho
Of course I didn't play perfectly*, because I wasn't expecting my uninterruptable casting to get interrupted. However, if I had purged stun instead of mez, then I would've been in only a slightly better position, maybe better enough that I could've recasted my pet, but that takes a second if I'm not quickcasting it, during which I'm not getting health back while you have a high red pet beating on my cloth-wearing caster. Of course, I wouldn't have been able to recast my pet anyway since almost every cast was interrupted while I was MoCing, which also means that my pet wasn't slowing things down too much, which happens when it's trying to intercept two attackers instead of just one. Literally the only chance I have in that situation is to MoC and hope for the best (and yes, remember to wait for the stun before purging and to use my debuffs).

I wish I hadn't posted this, actually, not because it's not ridiculous, but because it's not entirely fair relative to my class. I like to play casters because winning a fight as a caster is less about luck (i.e., You screw up, you die. You don't screw up, you usually have a way to counter and win.). Only sometimes do things come down to luck with casters, so dying to a minstrel through bad luck (i.e., too many interrupts while MoCing), especially when I didn't even know that was possible, and knowing that you had claimed that SMs are hard classes to win against was frustrating to say the least. However, I recognize that for melees, winning against an SM is often just luck, too, so I shouldn't be one to complain.

I still don't think minstrel pets themselves need to be nerfed, but I definitely think you vastly overstate how difficult it is to beat these classes as a minstrel, and I definitely think the whole un-CCable pet&minstrel and ability to interrupt uninterruptable casters needs to be looked at.

*EDIT: Funnily enough, I happened to record this fight and came across it today, and what do you kow, Nauglamir lied about how that fight went down. He mezzed me, I purged, attempted to cast hoping for intercepts, but he stunned me and my pet was almost dead, so I MoC'd after the stun, at which points I got maybe 2 casts off and then got interrupted some three times in a row. Very different from how it was described, except for that I didn't recast my pet when I MoC'd (because it would've taken a long time and I was dying).

I've been luckier in subsequent fights against other minstrels when the situation was the same, but yeah, winning a fight like that as an SM is 40 RA points (purge 2 and MoC5) and luck.
Last edited by joshisanonymous on Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kroll / Rhing / Baudith
*Past Lives*
(Hib/MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Mid/Bors) Kleib/RM > (Alb/Kay) Traep/Minst, Seizen/Theurg > (Mid/Lancelot Cluster) Chassis/Sav > (Hib/Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Mid/Uthgard) Mordigg/BD