Re: Mid is the new Alb

Pao wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:54 pm
I guess he means the zerging. The herra zerg getting old. Too many mids destroy the fun for all other realms.
On live almost all the servers were dominated (population) by albs.
There were some exceptions, Bors for instance was Mid dominant

The old Albion-clichee is the AMG-zerg.
Now it's the albion taskkeepzerg or benozerg.

From my POV i don't see nearly as many mids around bledmeer/taskkeep as i see albs that seem to have dedicated fullgrps or more camping their keepdoor until someone announces an inc in region chat.
Mid might be doing the same thing, but it's not like Albion has decreased their zergcamping strategy

Phoenix is broken atm.

Sad really, no need for it to be. Nice QoL changes but too much playing around too loosely with the classic rules has created something in RvR that is just out of whack.

PVE has been fine since beta. It is fine now. However there was no need to ever put any work into changing PvE it was super easy and accessible from day 1...except adding content which is fine for those that enjoy PvE.

As far as RvR...
It always was a tenuous balance between realms/classes...some may say it was never perfect but Phoenix really has screwed things up.

HP to DPS is way off...ranged damage barely moves HP bars...and all it takes is one interrupt to stop ranged dmg in its tracks. That is why it should be high. Unless you want to make melee attacks interruptable or remove the ability to interrupt bows or casting...the glass cannon formula must be in place. High damage, easy to stop is core to the classic formula.

CC used to be a critical tool for casters. Now it is worthless.

Places that should be defensive positions for ranged damage dealers are now nothing more than death traps to melee wall climbers and cheap/easy siege equipment spam which leads me to...

Siege equipment which used a be a tool for the strong and takes some planning to deploy now is spammed by anyone with a few gold in their pocket.

Buffs which used to make grouping with a buff class exceedingly valuable and made self buffing classes able to compete now are watered down by cheap availability for all so already strong classes can have their cake buffed and eat it too.

Remember when endurance management was a big part of warfare? There was a reason why that was put into place. Now it is a total non factor. I like perma-endurance as much as the next person but if we want to be honest, it is a game changer and messes with the DPS vs mobility formula balance immensely. Spell and bow ranges were not arbitrarily set . They were done based on the amount of time it takes someone to traverse that distance. 100% perma sprint breaks that formula. IMO there should be NO perma sprint under any condition. Some basic endo regen should be available via ra/spell/pot but nothing that allows perma sprint. You know that part on a style description where it says endurance cost? Remember when that meant something? Melee classes were not intended to be able to spam never ending styles. I can say that as on my ranger I was never intended to be able to spam rapid fire. That is why higher bow spec versions cost less endo. It was a pricey choice to make! Now I can just rapid fire with impunity. Sure it is nice for me, but to be fair was never intended by the classic design. Same with melee styles. The toothpaste is out of the tube on this one...not sure what could ever be rolled back...but it should be.

Too many field RAs. It is just silly at this point.

Not to be the "doom and gloom" guy, but I am already hearing the rumblings and seeing the signs. I hope it's not too late for Phoenix.
Last edited by Horus on Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Agree for the most part but I think you vastly overstate the thinking behind the endurance balance

Btw perma sprint has been in live servers since classic for hib and arrived a bit later for mid and alb iirc. All realm could perma sprint before ToA

And even with that, you can't just spam style endlessly on phoenix, you have to manage your endurance

But I agree with the hps to damage, it's really an issue, I was thinking about making a post about it
Time to kill as been increase and exactly what we thought would happened happened…

It's a major buff for melees and a major buffs for the side with more people, giving them more time to heal, and the longer the fights, the more adds can come

The real sad part is that it allows more mistakes, so the game become less punitive, easier
Which means it's harder than before to win a fight where you are fighting with fewer number

And let's be honest, it's not like mid needed any more buffs than what they already recieved during phoenix lifespan

I also remember people saying that reducing the timer for realm switch was going to ease the balance between realms, haha, that was a good time :D
Tritri, 50 Eldritch - 5Lx
Lilina, 50 Druid - 5Lx
Lilia, 50 Blademaster - 5Lx
< No Pain No Tartine >

Sepplord wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:49 am
The old Albion-clichee is the AMG-zerg.
Now it's the albion taskkeepzerg or benozerg.

From my POV i don't see nearly as many mids around bledmeer/taskkeep as i see albs that seem to have dedicated fullgrps or more camping their keepdoor until someone announces an inc in region chat.
Mid might be doing the same thing, but it's not like Albion has decreased their zergcamping strategy
True - (at least for EU time) because all the mids except Flumps group is running in the f'ing zerg.

I am with Forlornhope. What is the point?
You can qq now because you are playing alb or what? You guys always repeat your qq, makes no sense. Aslong as is there no zergleader online on hib or alb and people who are willing to build decent groups (not only for leeching purposes), number does not matter . They would get keeps even if there would be 50 less people in the zerg cause mids are organized always plenty in discord tho.