Re: Changes to leveling

In fact you contest the fact in daoc a second char often needed to help main ones ? (you discovered the game last week ? :p )

In my plan I use a second char level 20, 4 or 5h in life of main char to help him xp faster 20-35 and no need it anymore, no need to buy anything...

In most other ways you will probably need a second char 50 and farm 200 hours to equip your main ones, but do what you like the goal is to have fun :)

So the thing I wanted people to see was that Falcone likes the changes because he likes the money and the task items that he jacks the price up on for his realm mates so he can make more money. He's leveling to make money not really a toon for rvr. Now this is all OK because everyone has their own reason for playing the game, but he's trying to sell this as leveling as easy as it was before. It's an easier way to make more money and to get items for ripping off your rich realm mates, but it's harder to level up an rvr toon. Why they changed it from the non broken much more user friendly leveling to this is a puzzle to many.

Torye wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:57 am
So the thing I wanted people to see was that Falcone likes the changes because he likes the money and the task items that he jacks the price up on for his realm mates so he can make more money. He's leveling to make money not really a toon for rvr. Now this is all OK because everyone has their own reason for playing the game, but he's trying to sell this as leveling as easy as it was before. It's an easier way to make more money and to get items for ripping off your rich realm mates, but it's harder to level up an rvr toon. Why they changed it from the non broken much more user friendly leveling to this is a puzzle to many.
It was SUPPOSED to force more grouping...I haven’t seen it.
I’ve had more trouble than ever getting xp groups.

Torye wrote:
Wrong, I like XP fast and spend 99% of my time in RVR instead of hitting same mob again and again (I stopped all my farming cabal before change, much more fun to farm trolls :p ) my chest was empty nothing to sell, after change cabal & necro are back

If target of DEV is to bring more people in RVR (20-35 can be done in 2 hours unstead of 2 months) and more people back to farm (now farm = XP not money, never understood interest of money in this game when u can have 5-10P afk in few hours... sidi can be done 10 times last week, do the calcul...) the goal is a success, no need to spend many times in PVE anymore (I still wait anyone who tell me why its slowest than before after unlimited xp items & tokens...)

All xp items go for my rvr toons, so my chest still empty and nothing to sell as usually :)

The only change I see, its probably more difficult to find a group and XP as in classic DAOC, the reason is +90% of people doesnt XP anymore (they are all 35+ in few hours or already 50 in few seconds if they had few P after patch) the 10% left maybe didn't understood this fantastic UP that's why I'm here and tell them how to up 35 in 4H and 50 in 20H on my guide (without money or buying XP item), but if they are closeminded and want absolutely XP as before in group of 8 during several months with beers and laught, I can't do nothing for them :p

falcon wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:11 am
Torye wrote:
Wrong, I like XP fast and spend 99% of my time in RVR instead of hitting same mob again and again (I stopped all my farming cabal before change, much more fun to farm trolls :p ) my chest was empty nothing to sell, after change cabal & necro are back

If target of DEV is to bring more people in RVR (20-35 can be done in 2 hours unstead of 2 months) and more people back to farm (now farm = XP not money, never understood interest of money in this game when u can have 5-10P afk in few hours... sidi can be done 10 times last week, do the calcul...) the goal is a success, no need to spend many times in PVE anymore (I still wait anyone who tell me why its slowest than before after unlimited xp items & tokens...)

All xp items go for my rvr toons, so my chest still empty and nothing to sell as usually :)

The only change I see, its probably more difficult to find a group and XP as in classic DAOC, the reason is +90% of people doesnt XP anymore (they are all 35+ in few hours or already 50 in few seconds if they had few P after patch) the 10% left maybe didn't understood this fantastic UP that's why I'm here and tell them how to up 35 in 4H and 50 in 20H on my guide (without money or buying XP item), but if they are closeminded and want absolutely XP as before in group of 8 during several months with beers and laught, I can't do nothing for them :p
What game did you play to take 2 months at the old system? I casually leveled a sneak to 50 solo, geared him farming for plats in a 99% very good template, and reached rr5L1 in less time than that playing casual. I also have a champ/vw in thid, and some albs trying to figure out what I wanted to play.

gromet12 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:26 pm

What game did you play to take 2 months at the old system? I casually leveled a sneak to 50 solo, geared him farming for plats in a 99% very good template, and reached rr5L1 in less time than that playing casual. I also have a champ/vw in thid, and some albs trying to figure out what I wanted to play.
I talk about people who prefer chatting and change spot every 5mn and wait the 7 others always AFK, of course I hope all old players now up 50 in 16H and 5L in 48H, but its new players who don't want to listen old players who whining xp is now bad & slow ... (just need to change their practice and drop the LFG spamming chat loosing their Time ^^)
And don't tell me "I'm cleric, I need group to UP..." (I UP a cleric 50 alone too, very good to XP with smite especially after 40 with good stun ^^)

falcon wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:57 pm
gromet12 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:26 pm

I talk about people who prefer chatting and change spot every 5mn and wait the 7 others always AFK, of course I hope all old players now up 50 in 16H and 5L in 48H, but its new players who don't want to listen old players who whining xp is now bad & slow ... (just need to change their practice and drop the LFG spamming chat loosing their Time ^^)
And don't tell me "I'm cleric, I need group to UP..." (I UP a cleric 50 alone too, very good to XP with smite especially after 40 with good stun ^^)
Inane...
Previously I could solo to 50, mind you 100% with the
Character I want leveled, in 24 hours or less depending on class. Your way off thinking it took months for 10-15 levels.
The new system is inferior in EVERY way if trying to level in shortest time played (I care less where the time is spent) except for those that simply buy ALL the turn ins for themselves to level a class. And then I beg to ask...Is this bringing play to groups?

gotwqqd wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:04 pm

The new system is inferior in EVERY way if trying to level in shortest time played (I care less where the time is spent) except for those that simply buy ALL the turn ins for themselves to level a class. And then I beg to ask...Is this bringing play to groups?
I posted a guide to up any char in less 24H with 0 gold without buying any XP item (or only with money earned in playing with your new char if u want to earn 2 or 3 free levels ) of course u need help of a second char (as usually for 20 years ^^) level 20 enough only if u choose a tank class (no need for mage on alb) especially since I found killing mob 1 by 1 is more fast than I thought for XP items (aoe nerf see my thread in PVE folder)

Tell me how your xp solo is now slowest than before (no need to move anymore, need only 3 spots to up 35 after 20 !)
on alb once u have your 100 grim 100 frog eyes and 100 key of the lost, xp is finished... (Ok need maybe 8-12 hours, but half day of XP and no need to xp anymore is it really a pain a so great sacrifice ?)

Edit not 8-12h exactelly 10H no more no less since I understood how xp items drop formula

so you just need to up 20 (need 1h30-3h depend of your class) and 10h of farming -> in 12h you are 35 and no need to kill a mob anymore (then 1 week stick RVR or 1 hour at beno dock (less 1mn every 30mn) to up 50 )

Well now it’s complete
As the rate of drops is pathetic the merchant cost are through the roof or there is simply nothing to buy.

I guess they wanted to get rid of the low cost turn in items with the large return of xp.
As before you could only use one stack per character of any type there was an abundance of items to by at decent prices. Now only the rich can afford and they buy all as they can use every one on the market over a few level span.

Nothing to buy or too expensive. Groups are rare.
Drops are few and xp for them lousy for the player.
They screwed players(especially new ones) in every possible way.

Now they will just ramp up these events for the solo/group criers and every weekend will be void of players in the frontiers

gotwqqd wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:18 am
Well now it’s complete
As the rate of drops is pathetic the merchant cost are through the roof or there is simply nothing to buy.

I guess they wanted to get rid of the low cost turn in items with the large return of xp.
As before you could only use one stack per character of any type there was an abundance of items to by at decent prices. Now only the rich can afford and they buy all as they can use every one on the market over a few level span.

Nothing to buy or too expensive. Groups are rare.
Drops are few and xp for them lousy for the player.
They screwed players(especially new ones) in every possible way.

Now they will just ramp up these events for the solo/group criers and every weekend will be void of players in the frontiers
Its not the rate of drop which is pathetic, the rate drop is 100% (look my explanation in other thread) but the 2mn timer they put between 2 drops...

Farmer cant farm items anymore (they don't have 20mn of their time to waste for 200g, 1P maybe... thats why xp item are now rare & expensive...)
The answer they found to limit farming is very sad especially in a mmorpg where we hope to have a good loot sometimes (and not every 2mn it kills any pleasure)
Still interesting to farm 10 hours to have its own level 50 but no reason to farm 10 more hours for level 50 of the others...

(its a up for new players once they understood mechanism, they have 2mn to kill a mob, nude with their apprentice sword in wood to have their xp item at 100%, but no interest anymore for older players with good equip good RA and fantastic damage, the result will be the same...)

(and yes we bought many items few weeks ago but now the problem is farmers doesn't farm anymore to fill vendors, you hate them so much (you & dev :p ) they are gone, they can earn 3P/hours without xp items, why spending 1h for 30 xp items sold less 1P ?)