I had hope when I read that phoenix 'balanced' the classes

I played live, played uthgard and now phoenix. Every time its the same thing. Players laugh at how gimped hunters are. Its a wonder that game devs don't see this because everyone playing seems to agree. On live, hunters were useless. On uthgard hunters were useless. Now here on phoenix its just the same thing. Its very depressing because I don't group, run into nightshades, infiltrators, rangers and scouts and die everytime- yes EVERYTIME. hunters die to easily. Its not hard to figure out but I guess it must be hard to fix because no server has successfully "balanced" the classes. The only good thing i see here is it only took me 3 months to find out this time instead of 10! thanks for the attempt phoenix but until the classes are truly balanced - this game will be nothing but a waste of time and depressing. Anyone that says they're fine how they are is either someone that never played a solo hunter or someone that wants hunters to remain easy kills.

Re: I had hope when I read that phoenix 'balanced' the classes

Shortee wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:31 am
I played live, played uthgard and now phoenix. Every time its the same thing. Players laugh at how gimped hunters are. Its a wonder that game devs don't see this because everyone playing seems to agree. On live, hunters were useless. On uthgard hunters were useless. Now here on phoenix its just the same thing. Its very depressing because I don't group, run into nightshades, infiltrators, rangers and scouts and die everytime- yes EVERYTIME. hunters die to easily. Its not hard to figure out but I guess it must be hard to fix because no server has successfully "balanced" the classes. The only good thing i see here is it only took me 3 months to find out this time instead of 10! thanks for the attempt phoenix but until the classes are truly balanced - this game will be nothing but a waste of time and depressing. Anyone that says they're fine how they are is either someone that never played a solo hunter or someone that wants hunters to remain easy kills.
lol youre dying to scouts? i think the problem is with you, not hunters.

never groups and picks a class that has a reputation for sucking and pretty much depends on ppl to leech off of. youre grouping, youre just not invited lol.

This guy proves my point! Did I give them that reputation, no. Did I make them depend on ppl to leech off of, no. Did I make them "not invited", no. So although this guy says the problem is me, he still proves my point that the classes are not balanced. Never were and I guess never will be. And just FYI, since I run solo, i get beat by just about anything because of adds or duos, small-men or full groups ganking soloers. If I had a chance against another solo player, it would at least be a little worth it. but that's not the case. Laugh all you want it makes no difference to me. However, it should NOT BE POSSIBLE, after spending months to level, farm and get all geared up only to find it really doesn't matter...
lol youre dying to scouts? i think the problem is with you, not hunters.

never groups and picks a class that has a reputation for sucking and pretty much depends on ppl to leech off of. youre grouping, youre just not invited lol.

Shortee wrote:
.... this game will be nothing but a waste of time and depressing. Anyone that says they're fine how they are is either someone that never played a solo hunter or someone that wants hunters to remain easy kills.
I can only imagine your frustration about hunters because i don't play one, so i'm not really pertinent to discuss their balancing.
But that being said, the game as a whole is not just about solo hunters, so with 3 realms and over 30 classes to choose from, there is may be room to get a more enjoyable experience and fun. You mentionned nightshades, infiltrators, rangers and scouts, why not try one of those especially if you've had such bad experience with hunters over the years accross daoc multiple servers ?

Lipsi wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:45 am
Shortee wrote:
.... this game will be nothing but a waste of time and depressing. Anyone that says they're fine how they are is either someone that never played a solo hunter or someone that wants hunters to remain easy kills.
I can only imagine your frustration about hunters because i don't play one, so i'm not really pertinent to discuss their balancing.
But that being said, the game as a whole is not just about solo hunters, so with 3 realms and over 30 classes to choose from, there is may be room to get a more enjoyable experience and fun. You mentionned nightshades, infiltrators, rangers and scouts, why not try one of those especially if you've had such bad experience with hunters over the years accross daoc multiple servers ?
Unfortunately for me, my experience started with a warrior, solo again as usual, and he wasn't worth squat either (on live). I would hear things like "reroll" or start over and i thought to myself, why would a spend another good amount of time (leveling and farming) on any class if it might not be a viable fun class to play at the end? I have always liked the idea of an archer but could never bring myself to play alb or hib due to the amount of deaths i encountered as a midgard warrior. it literally made me hate alb and hib with a passion. I should just try another class but my main point is the lack of balance which I hope someday, some server will fix. I always thought it was incredibly unfair for a new comer to start any class only to find out its weak, unwanted, laughed at, easily killed, etc....thats just a bad experience for anyone and a complete waste of time. As silly as it sounds, I suffer from depression and play games on the internet for enjoyment. I certainly do not expect to spend months on a game only to find out my time was completely wasted. thanks for your comment.

keep the hunter apart, get items (legion heart, add damage etc).

meanwhile exp another class, maybe a really wanted one (shaman, healer paci, skald)

exping on phoenix is fast (not so much these days but still faster than any other server).

i get your frustration, played main hunter on vortigern ad rolled an hunter also here. rapidly understood that is a gimped class still here, so i made other pg and i keep the hunter for solo times when i miss an rvr group.

Shortee wrote:
The archers in general suffer here more so than when live at the same time frame. Other than classic server live, my favorite time was playing a hunter on mordred which again was a limited compared to others like here was under represented due to weaknesses, the hunter isn’t necessarily weak but some of the differences between the realms archers are more glaring here.

Rangers every time I’ve checked outnumbered hunters and scouts combined; even the number of assassins from each team will out number the combined count of hunter/scout so the question should be why? What about those two classes unlike the ranger makes them undesirable to play? DW is just too powerful and bow is just too weak

gromet12 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:54 pm
Shortee wrote:
The archers in general suffer here more so than when live at the same time frame. Other than classic server live, my favorite time was playing a hunter on mordred which again was a limited compared to others like here was under represented due to weaknesses, the hunter isn’t necessarily weak but some of the differences between the realms archers are more glaring here.

Rangers every time I’ve checked outnumbered hunters and scouts combined; even the number of assassins from each team will out number the combined count of hunter/scout so the question should be why? What about those two classes unlike the ranger makes them undesirable to play? DW is just too powerful and bow is just too weak
Hunters actually got a buff to their self buffs and pet not too long ago, also armor vulnerability to slash got lowered. You could make the argument that you can build a more successful range+melee hybrid with a hunter than Ranger. With a ranger you are stuck going either practically full bow or practically full melee. Full melee ranger will most of the time in melee combat but a bow or hybrid ranger will get beat by a hunter every time in melee. And a pet + spear is better than DW in many situations....sometimes maybe DW is better...just depends. I don't think hunters are too bad off ATM....other than the same nerf to bow effectiveness all archer just got hit with because of the HP and armor change.