Re: Changes to leveling

MorboNinja wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:23 pm
"I am a newcomer to both DAoC and Phoenix." Does that mean I have a farm class leveled? No, it means I picked a class that I thought was enjoyable (Bonedancer) and invested time to level it.
You didnt read my answer neither, having a farm class 50 is a big handicap to up a level 20-30 (all mobs u need are grey ^^) no choice to farm level 40, sell them and buy 20-30 items... (thats why I up a new farm 35 to help my babies ^^)

Having a farm class its just the 1st advice we always give to all beginners, before and after patch, and no need to be 50, on alb 19 cabal matter enough to kill 10-15 yellows at the same time, without pause (infinite mana on cabal after 18) it will provide all money, equipment, and xp item u need...
(Don't know how time u need to up 18 or 19, before nerf siege it was 15 seconds, after maybe 1-2 hours, its a good investment !)

you are new so maybe you dont know few tips, like taking few towers (3 mini) with zerg to be 2L0 in 10mn and having ALL RA u need to xp fast (serenity...)
(and with farm class u drop 200 fires a day so no problem of mana or life :p)

For all of those saying, "really new players today!?!?!" Yes. I am a new player. I have a level 30 Ranger now. These xp changes have severely hampered my leveling ability as I'm unable to get a group and am left solo grinding.

That's fine, it reminds me of original DAoC but I did really enjoy the gameplay experience from my 1st two weeks here.

Veryvery wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:07 am
For all of those saying, "really new players today!?!?!" Yes. I am a new player. I have a level 30 Ranger now. These xp changes have severely hampered my leveling ability as I'm unable to get a group and am left solo grinding.

That's fine, it reminds me of original DAoC but I did really enjoy the gameplay experience from my 1st two weeks here.
This is still 10 times faster than original DAoC, thou.
If you want to feel the real pain, I suggest you try Uthgard.
I had to spend literally 10 hours to make my chanter 50 from 49 in a full bomb grp in CF fins.
And if you solo on uthgard, you should spend 80% of the time sitting cuz health/power regen sucks there unlike here.

We have xp loots, phoenix egg, soil/branch/snow, task reward, and mob type 50~200% bonus.
Not to mention all these teleports, RoG weapon/armor drops, tinderbox and fast regen while sitting greatly helps.

I understand some players are frustrated because of the last patch, and I also doubt if it was ever needed.
But this xp gain is still very far from the good ole days.
I just think you need more infos on the mob location for mob type bonus.

Freedomcall wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:22 am
+1 !
People who kill 200% xp bonus in frontier zone who drop xp item don't know their luck ^^
Veryvery wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:07 am
.. These xp changes have severely hampered my leveling ability as I'm unable to get a group...
I prefer to read that, its a good argument, not xp worst than before, but "I'm new I don't know tips, and I can't find groups anymore"

It's true it should be more difficult to find a xp group today because 90% of people doesn't xp anymore since /instant 50 exist (not official but virtually...)

Old players have done 10-20 times epic dungeon and did lot of RVR = about 100000 feathers (I have 500000 and hate sidi :p ) in their chest = 30 P
and now gold = XP, 30 P = 30 free levels (but nobody buy xp item from 1 to 30 but maybe 20 to 35 and finish up 50 in rvr in few days) = 2 free levels 50...
So yes forget groups next weeks until all xp items reserve & feathers used by old players ^^ (do a farming toon waiting better days :p )

If you are poor and don't want follow our advice to have at least a toon farm level 19 (cabal matter is the best (animist should be good too ^^), and don't forget if u are not alb, u can transfert your money (so your xp...) to your realm and play class u really want 4h later now...) just do 2 epic dungeon a week (not a problem if you are low level, forget Rogs just need to do 1 damage to the mob for feather with your staff and run to avoid aoe :p ) = 9P = 9 free levels perfect to up 26-35 the most difficult to up solo if u are poor...

F.

nice logic on this.
So, there are no more groups out because all people (except you) farm this xp stuff with their alts and push their toon to 50. Sooo, everbody except you? You guys wanna group up with all the other exceptions who creating qq threads about this topic?

Azrael wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:56 am
nice logic on this.
So, there are no more groups out because all people (except you) farm this xp stuff with their alts and push their toon to 50. Sooo, everbody except you? You guys wanna group up with all the other exceptions who creating qq threads about this topic?
Looks like your responding in wrong thread

And what can I say, finding a group has been pretty much abysmal for me aside from my wizard who gets one now and then. There is no denying that the grouping environment hasn’t opened up to new classes and simply made xp slower for soloers

Lillebror wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:37 pm
6-20 in hour with random ppl. What kill it is for whatever strange reason one log, all of a sudden all have something else to do.
Its very symptomatic if you for some reason get ganked.
That's normal human behaviour out of several reasons:
1) some don't like something in the group or think its too annoying
2) some are getting so very bored in a while doing PvE
3) some are wanting to play with somebody else together who appeared online
4) some are having something to do still in RL

--> and since most people do not like to be the first one to say "i'm leaving" they just more or less wait for some reason to do it, so it doesnt appear so sudden or with some effort to get a replacement. So basically as soon as the group wipes and one ends up back at the bindstone/frontiertown, several people at once leave the group, as it now seems fitting in time ^^

By the way, one of the many reasons, why it's so much fun to XP alone, you can plan your own coming and going, you can plan what to do, when to do it, and you are always open for changes in plans.
If you join a group, you are somehow bound to that group for a while, and that can be pretty troublesome if you don't exactly know, when you have to leave or when somebody else shows up online.