Re: Lots of changes all at once.

Stoertebecker wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:18 pm
Where is the difference in bashing wood for 5 mins or spending 5 mins writing a posting, complaining about the rp bonus?

*hint
first would be a bit constructive
No, just bashing wood is not 'constructive' at all.

The problem is twofold;

1. Some players just hate taking keeps. This will not change. People really don't understand how personal preference works it seems. "Just go take a keeps" is probably the dumbest comeback out there. It's like saying to people in a flowershop with only red roses; "just love red roses and buy them". That's not how it works, people who don't want red roses will just think WTF? and leave to find their taste. Trust me, there's plenty of competition for a few hours of playing DAoC.

2. They RvR in their own way, which should be equally valuable to the realm and thus so portrayed in the rewards. It is not. Unfortunately not all playstyles are given equal thought and we are even further away from a system that considers all those playstyles and incentivizes them to mesh together in a way that is functional for realm defense. (You wanna roam and kill inc? Great. Killing inc in the broader area surrounding an ongoing keeptake will also grant you credit for the keep pool for instance.)

I hope we can work towards a system that incorporates all RvR efforts in a similar fashion in the future.
Zyfrig

Frigzy wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:09 am
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:18 pm
Where is the difference in bashing wood for 5 mins or spending 5 mins writing a posting, complaining about the rp bonus?

*hint
first would be a bit constructive
No, just bashing wood is not 'constructive' at all.

The problem is twofold;

1. Some players just hate taking keeps. This will not change. People really don't understand how personal preference works it seems. "Just go take a keeps" is probably the dumbest comeback out there. It's like saying to people in a flowershop with only red roses; "just love red roses and buy them". That's not how it works, people who don't want red roses will just think WTF? and leave to find their taste. Trust me, there's plenty of competition for a few hours of playing DAoC.

2. They RvR in their own way, which should be equally valuable to the realm and thus so portrayed in the rewards. It is not. Unfortunately not all playstyles are given equal thought and we are even further away from a system that considers all those playstyles and incentivizes them to mesh together in a way that is functional for realm defense. (You wanna roam and kill inc? Great. Killing inc in the broader area surrounding an ongoing keeptake will also grant you credit for the keep pool for instance.)

I hope we can work towards a system that incorporates all RvR efforts in a similar fashion in the future.
Join the staff then and do it better, if you think you`ve found the holy daoc grail :)

On 1000 ppl that think they know it better comes 1 that can do it better, are you the one? I know from me that i`m not the one.
It´s an easy thing to criticize in a non responsible position, like always.

If you wanna play DAoC there are exactly 3 options, not more not less. And there is no competition to DAoC`s 3 way rvr system, not yet.
If you think you`ll have more fun on Uthgard or live...go on.

So I get penalized for my realm not zerging the most keeps. When in the history of gaming has penalizing the customers ever properly induced the customers to do what the devs want. This is just one more horrific idea that is being repeated. You just lost one customer. I will keep an eye out and when I see you have taken your head out of your ass and reversed this decision I may come back. I realize this is a pet project and you are running this out of your own pocket but do you really want to repeat the steps of the other failed private server or follow the derailed train called Mythic?

JFC, will you at least think about and discuss these ideas before you alienate a huge portion of your player base?

... flame on trolls.

Brymmi wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:31 pm
So I get penalized for my realm not zerging the most keeps. When in the history of gaming has penalizing the customers ever properly induced the customers to do what the devs want. This is just one more horrific idea that is being repeated. You just lost one customer. I will keep an eye out and when I see you have taken your head out of your ass and reversed this decision I may come back. I realize this is a pet project and you are running this out of your own pocket but do you really want to repeat the steps of the other failed private server or follow the derailed train called Mythic?

JFC, will you at least think about and discuss these ideas before you alienate a huge portion of your player base?

... flame on trolls.
So yeah I normally customers have to pay for a product or service which then you can understand why they have some sense of entitlement. However that's not the case here and you should be thankful you're even allowed to play on this free server.

Brymmi wrote:

... flame on trolls.
There's no penalty. What do you mean?
Bulldozing your world since 2018

Brymmi wrote:

... flame on trolls.
I wasn't aware you were paying. or they were making money off of you.

Maybe you shouldn't be a moron? You're not a "customer".

SaintRon wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:49 pm
Brymmi wrote:

... flame on trolls.
I wasn't aware you were paying. or they were making money off of you.

Maybe you shouldn't be a moron? You're not a "customer".
A customer is a user or consumer of a product/service, regardless of whether a fee is attached to it. However, not paying for the service/product does release quite a lot of their entitlement to “have it there way”. Phoenix staff can offer whatever they’d like and people can use it as they will, but somewhere I sense a need to balance between customer demands and their vision of the product/service. Ultimately if an MMORPG doesn’t have many users, it loses its value considerably, and I doubt Phoenix staff want to waste their time ultimately creating a product/service fee use.

In my opinion they are doing a decent job balancing their vision and customer demands, implementing ideas, making changes, sometimes reverting changes, and I’m presently confident they’ll provide a good product/service. They won’t make everybody happy, but the goal is many not all.
-Beartooth Dragonclaw, level 50 Cleric of Albion (retired)
Ododin, level 32 Bonedancer of Midgard