Re: Organizing fight meetups on discord

fyn wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:22 am
good call by the devs. You have your point of view and jump to conclusions and try to get other players banned for xrealming. seems to me like you are trying to grief the group when theres other video evidence not supporting your claim
To make this clear I DO NOT want these players banned nor am I trying to - this fight merely raised the question. Yes I was curious if it was, and even appealed just asking if it was as you see in my stream. But as I stated in my post, after further discussion there are no real rules on this. So this is why I brought this to a tavern discussion. I want the players opinions and the devs MOVING FORWARD.

It is great to see the other perspective but it confirms 2 things. 1) that the thimble is a pre arranged meetup and 2) there is no conclusive evidence watching previous fights on the hib stream, whether they were or not discussing in discord with 1 or multiple groups outside of game to meet up.

All I want again - are clear rules on this very exact thing, so moving forward we can all live in harmony. If its allowed, state so, so that we can then start talking and not be shy about asking what these players are doing without being invasive. "Hey you guys going to a premade? Yes" easy backoff. With how zergy the server is right now, how do we know they arent trying to hit one? Pretty simple concepts, we just need direction from the higher ups.
Karidry Mozvaldibach - Cleric
Caridry Mozvaldibach - Mercenary
Bohemian Rhapsody - Wizard

Bradekes wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:46 pm
Why not set up a Battlegrounds for this and have it give no RPS while in that zone. This way everyone's happy.
Sure, only not. "Why have BGs if they give no RPs?" would be the first complaint.

Also while Phoenix is certainly starting out quite well we do not know how this looks in a year from now. Fracturing the community via BGs is exactly not what you should do if the pop numbers fall any lower than they are now.

That aside: organized fight meetups should be forbidden, just as they were on live. However these things did happen on live too and it is very hard to proove such an arrangement (unless someone streams it ofc).

However it is also not really necessary. Run in the same zone often enough and other groups will know that they will find you there. This is the best way to set up something inside the rules and the spirit of RvR.

Jaegaer wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Sure, only not. "Why have BGs if they give no RPs?" would be the first complaint.

Also while Phoenix is certainly starting out quite well we do not know how this looks in a year from now. Fracturing the community via BGs is exactly not what you should do if the pop numbers fall any lower than they are now.
Wow what a pessimistic person here.. It gives people options for these group meet up types... Also giving no rps means there's no reason for people to interfere in the fights in this BG...

Have you ever played a game like LoL or HoTS or one that people play for sport? There's a good market for viewers and more publicity on twitch if there's a location for people to partake in this type of activity without the backlash of false accusations of RP farming...

Also stop being a jackalope

Jaegaer wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Ok, you ignored my post to say that DAoC should be more like LoL... No further questions.
I didn't ignore your post. I responded by giving you reasons a no RP battleground would prolong interest in the server vs your thought that it would diminish it. Also LoL is a very popular game with lots of following, why would you not want to take some notes and apply them in a constructive way?

What is wrong with controlled competition? Seriously... People will still need to go to the frontiers to get RR and it would take some of the highest RR targets out of the frontiers to do some competitive 8v8. To me this is win win for everyone...

Bradekes wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:27 pm
What is wrong with controlled competition?
As I already said, it fractures the community. It also goes against the spirit of RvR - a realm war. DAoC has never been about arena combat. The one thing that made DAoC so successful over so many years was that it is very good about building a community. You do not get that with arenas and random instanced 8vs8 action.

Also what would be controleld about that? The moment the first RR5 group gets matched with the rr10 group would see a lot of complaints. So where does it end? A ladder? Leagues? How much of DAoC would be left?

Also, again, how many people would do an RvR morde that does not give RPs? I still doubt that there would be a lot of those.

Finally the technical details are not easy. The currently used code of DAoC does not support instances but an arena would need to be instanmced or else it is utterly useless (you do not get RPs but all the 8-mans run in a tiny zone and constantly add each other?).

So, well, a quite complicated solution that goes against everything that made DAoC great with questionable rate of success...

Jaegaer wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Also, again, how many people would do an RvR morde that does not give RPs? I still doubt that there would be a lot of those.

Finally the technical details are not easy. The currently used code of DAoC does not support instances but an arena would need to be instanmced or else it is utterly useless (you do not get RPs but all the 8-mans run in a tiny zone and constantly add each other?).

So, well, a quite complicated solution that goes against everything that made DAoC great with questionable rate of success...
I never said add any sort of match making or anything... Just an no RP, open BG people can setup their own 8v8 fights vs other realms.. You're making it too complicated... This isn't anything game breaking or splitting everyone apart...

There are simply people interested in setting up 8v8 fights we should give them a playground for such activity instead of just playing the game jaegaers way...