QOL Friar Change

Started 24 Nov 2020
by mrsurber
in Suggestions
Probably been requested before but I have a suggestion for a Friar change that will not impact balance or power.

Friars usually either spec Staff to 39 or 34 - in fact I just recently respeced from 39 to 34 and was reminded of the style effect issue within the Friar Staff line. Both the evade follow up and the most used "anytime" style have the exact same effect. For those of us who "visually" play the game this is a pain. If your like me and always back up a style - in this case, Figure Eight with Friar's Boon - you cannot tell which one lands by the effect. Having come from a Valewalker (who has the best style effects in the game btw) I have found it a hard transition.

Please consider changing one of the styles to almost anything else. Doesn't even need to be a cool style.

Sincerely -
Subtillis the Friar.
Tue 24 Nov 2020 3:01 AM by ExcretusMaximus
mrsurber wrote:
Tue 24 Nov 2020 2:07 AM
Friars usually either spec Staff to 39 or 34

They do?!
Tue 24 Nov 2020 5:22 AM by gotwqqd
mrsurber wrote:
Probably been requested before but I have a suggestion for a Friar change that will not impact balance or power.

Friars usually either spec Staff to 39 or 34 - in fact I just recently respeced from 39 to 34 and was reminded of the style effect issue within the Friar Staff line. Both the evade follow up and the most used "anytime" style have the exact same effect. For those of us who "visually" play the game this is a pain. If your like me and always back up a style - in this case, Figure Eight with Friar's Boon - you cannot tell which one lands by the effect. Having come from a Valewalker (who has the best style effects in the game btw) I have found it a hard transition.

Please consider changing one of the styles to almost anything else. Doesn't even need to be a cool style.

Sincerely -
Subtillis the Friar.
I don’t think they are same
One flashes (red?)
Also they have different audio cues

Though these can be obscured by self parry/evade or enemies/mobs actions
Tue 24 Nov 2020 5:42 AM by mrsurber
Mine does not flash red - wish it did - that would be enough. Maybe the UI I am using?
Tue 24 Nov 2020 5:52 AM by mrsurber
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 24 Nov 2020 3:01 AM
mrsurber wrote:
Friars usually either spec Staff to 39 or 34

They do?!

If i am misinformed please advise of the proper spec.
Tue 24 Nov 2020 9:06 AM by gotwqqd
mrsurber wrote:
Tue 24 Nov 2020 5:42 AM
Mine does not flash red - wish it did - that would be enough. Maybe the UI I am using?
Another question....why are you using an anytime to backup a chain part?

Either don’t or use the reactionary of choice again backing it up with the second part
Tue 24 Nov 2020 2:30 PM by gromet12
Why use FE over CE?

I use FE to land the 3 sec stun, but after that I don’t see any advantage in FE vs CE, being CE has higher growth and adds a snare, if it’s pve then; the 39 follow up is also superior imo with the higher bleed
Tue 24 Nov 2020 3:21 PM by gotwqqd
gromet12 wrote:
Tue 24 Nov 2020 2:30 PM
Why use FE over CE?

I use FE to land the 3 sec stun, but after that I don’t see any advantage in FE vs CE, being CE has higher growth and adds a snare, if it’s pve then; the 39 follow up is also superior imo with the higher bleed
I agree
I almost am of the opinion the 21style off evade with the follow up is superior to the stun chain
It’s so short is it really worth it? The side chain is lackluster...no really great reason for a stun
To me stacking the 39 bleed is the best thing friar has
Tue 24 Nov 2020 3:56 PM by mrsurber
All - I have verified with over 50 evades that the FE (lvl 15) style and the Anytime style (lvl 29 Taunt) has the exact same effect - no red proc (like the 21 Evade style has).

To my reasoning on how I backup styles: (1) I lead with FE and Friars Boon as back up. if I evade the FE goes off, if not I have a good anytime that hits hard. I do this for all my toons in general that have a good "Anytime" style. (2) if I evade and FE fires (with no different animation btw) then I follow that with Double Strike.

I dont have the 39 Evade style anymore as I went try spec for more RvR healing. I dont see the stun as useful as the bleed but here I could be wrong for sure but it fits my PVE playstyle. In RvR I usually heal and peal with the Back style.

thanks for the discussion.
Tue 24 Nov 2020 4:02 PM by mrsurber
PS - I am running numbers on "counter evade" with no 2nd chain vs FE/DS chain. Initial look dopes seem to support GOTWQQD's input that this may be as good or close enuff even without the bleed.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics