Domination flags make doors/lords stronger/weaker

Started 5 Jul 2020
by joshisanonymous
in Suggestions
I previously suggested tying the domination task into the general realm war by making it so controlling a flag spawns a couple guards that either attack or defend a nearby tower/keep, but there seemed to be no interest, and maybe it's not even possible technically, so how about this:

• Your realm's keep doors and/or lords in the task region are stronger or weaker than normal depending on how many flags you currently control.

For example, if you control all of the flags in the task region, all the lords and doors of towers and keeps you control in the region haver 20% more HP. If you control none of the flags, they all have 20% less HP. If you control some, they're somewhere in between.

It doesn't have to be 20%, of course, but I think it would make the domination task more meaningful if controlling flags had some impact on... something. It's really just a "I want the RP tick" or a "there's nothing better to do" or a "there aren't enough people on to do anything bigger" thing right now. And when there's good pop and BGs running, the tasks are almost more of a detriment to war efforts since they distract people from larger goals.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 8:15 AM by gotwqqd
joshisanonymous wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 4:37 AM
I previously suggested tying the domination task into the general realm war by making it so controlling a flag spawns a couple guards that either attack or defend a nearby tower/keep, but there seemed to be no interest, and maybe it's not even possible technically, so how about this:

• Your realm's keep doors and/or lords in the task region are stronger or weaker than normal depending on how many flags you currently control.

For example, if you control all of the flags in the task region, all the lords and doors of towers and keeps you control in the region haver 20% more HP. If you control none of the flags, they all have 20% less HP. If you control some, they're somewhere in between.

It doesn't have to be 20%, of course, but I think it would make the domination task more meaningful if controlling flags had some impact on... something. It's really just a "I want the RP tick" or a "there's nothing better to do" or a "there aren't enough people on to do anything bigger" thing right now. And when there's good pop and BGs running, the tasks are almost more of a detriment to war efforts since they distract people from larger goals.
They switch too frequently

The task is only 45 min so unlikely to be taken advantage of
Sun 5 Jul 2020 3:27 PM by joshisanonymous
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 8:15 AM
They switch too frequently

The task is only 45 min so unlikely to be taken advantage of

It's true, 45 minutes is a short amount of time to adjust the gameplan of a whole zerg, but imagine the task moves to Mid while the Mid BG is deep in Alb. Maybe Some Alb groups will try to go cut ports in Mid while most of the Alb BG stays in Alb to defend. Solo/smallman Mids could then go capture the flags and have a higher potential to stop or slow the port cutting. Or another scenario. Imagine Mid and Alb BGs are both fighting it out in Alb when the task pops up there. Defenders in towers/keeps where the doors aren't down yet now have to decide if they want to send people out to capture flags to bolster the doors. Independent solos/smallmans from either side could also do it. Or maybe the attacking BG decides that they might as well take their whole BG out to do it both to weaken the doors and draw the defenders out of their defensive position.

Simply put, I think it would help make the overall war more dynamic and help solos/smallmans feel like they're participating in the greater war efforts.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics