watbrif wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:39 pm
Cadebrennus wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:13 pm
watbrif wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:02 pm
If you run with the bg, how much melee power do you actually need?
If this is a pure BG spec then ya sure, but won't you have Druid buffs?
Yes, I've been thinking about this as well, but I usually don't like basing the spec on the availability of other classes. But I reckon the alternative would be a fairly standard 32/39/18/35/43? I'm not sure if I need the last damage add in a bow-spec leaning build. I'm intrigued by the melee spec, too - but I always assumed it would be fairly useless for BG?
You could push your melee really high at the expense of bow, or stealth, or PF, or any combination thereof, but honestly in a BG you'll be using melee primarily as melee CC and not really as primary melee DPS. In your situation I would go at least 46 PF for the DA, unless you're weird like me and use a DA charge instead. A DA charge combined with low PF (21 or 16) is pretty cool in that the damage spikes really high with bow, but the downside is the dip after the spike. Basically if in theory if you fired nonstop with a /use DA and low PF you'd have excellent damage 25% of the time and 'meh' damage the other 75% of the time. With a 46 PF spec you don't have to worry about it. With a 48 spec (as above in your suggestion) you can get a higher Dex/Qui buff than what typical RvR Druids spec for, but at the expense of a lot of points.
In short, make sure you get that damage add from somewhere, because it's pretty significant when using a 5.5 speed.bow.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug
The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902