Re: Start everyone at realm rank 1L4!!!

Bicstor wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:57 pm
Fribrand wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:53 pm
Let me ask all u Negative Nanci's the only question that matters:

HOW WOULD THIS HURT YOU?
If it helps some, and hurts none, and is easy to implement... it should be implemented.
It does hurt people, it would devalue the effort/work they have done to achieve whatever it is you suddenly get for free. Its not just about material/skill/ability gains in game.
You have been given a scenario on how to achieve what you need and anecdotal evidence that it is possible. Which is pretty much the same amount of effort that was needed to achieve it in the early days. Judging from Freedomcall's story he had a pleasent experience achieving it as well.
Please people that started on the server were able to get participation from level one not level 35

I want rps every time I login because I accomplished to successfully hit the login button, I earned it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

edit: Do we really talk about to getting 1l4 for free? If devs make it so, what do you want next week?
edit2: Do not pretend that is all what you want and all your needs a fulfilled. imho best example is the realm switch timer if you compare it with the discussion on uthgard where "everybody" said it would be so nice if its would be only 24 hours. That is all what they need so you can swap next day. On this server they qq about 24 hours.

gotwqqd wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:12 am

Please people that started on the server were able to get participation from level one not level 35
And Freedomcall went out at lvl 1 and with minimal effort got 1L4 in approx ten minutes. Fair enough he didnt get participation credit on the tick, but he contributed and achieved what he wanted, rather than just going out and swinging at a lvl 50 or dieing to a guard, then waiting for tick.

Freedomcall wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:24 pm

I just created a char and started to record chat log.

Now I'm 1L4. I trained lw, tireless, MoBlock2. Now I can sprint further!
I can either continue to leech for more arpees or just suicide anywhere to start my lvling.

My story and your story both came from real experience.
Maybe you were too unfortunate and I was too lucky.
But at least everyone can see that becoming 1L4 even as a lvl1 doesn't require any difficult skills nor too much time to accomplish.
Tested and approved.
Logged in as a druid level 7. Joined BG Pilzpower. Ported to Albion (if you don't have a straight port to a foreign CK, you can also use castle Solo porters)
Sticked for a first tower. 5 minutes and reached 1L4.
Sticked for a second tower. 3 minutes more and reached 1L5.
Released and /trained Perfect recovery.

This would work on Alb but since Gorion isn't here to play anymore, from like 5PM to maybe 4AM EST or so, nothing ever happens. There is no keep take BG. Just sit and watch Albion burn and watch mids that have 2x, 3x the numbers run in and take all the keeps and whatever relics we might have.

For some reason people on Alb refuse to group. I feel like HelloOOOLllOOOO This is MMO RPG. This is not instanced combat.

There is this like silent code where on Alb, to fit in, you can't say anything. You can't have ideas. The only thing you can do, is Stick. Definitely don't complain or ask questions, that will upset people. Instead, to be a cool person on Alb, you have to go out there solo. And spend 30 minutes traveling to a destination just to get run over by 3FG. And then, you have to brag about it in Region. WHOA GUYS IM SOOO COOL I WENT OUT AND DIED 30 TIMES FOR ZERO REASON LMAO WOW IM SO AMAZING. And then all the albs do their little silent alb clap where they just rub two fingers together slightly in appreciation of such a magnificent feat. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE DISCIPLINE REQUIRED TO RUN OUT AND SPEND ALL THE TIME TAKING 50 BOATS AND DYING 100 TIMES IN A ROW FOR ZERO REASON? MY GOD. PRAISE ALBION.

lolhisup wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:45 am
This would work on Alb but since Gorion isn't here to play anymore, from like 5PM to maybe 4AM EST or so, nothing ever happens. There is no keep take BG. Just sit and watch Albion burn and watch mids that have 2x, 3x the numbers run in and take all the keeps and whatever relics we might have.

For some reason people on Alb refuse to group. I feel like HelloOOOLllOOOO This is MMO RPG. This is not instanced combat...
U said yourself, DAOC is an MMORPG, no begin no end, no time to respect, most people (75% ?) are from Europe on Phoenix, so if you are from US or ASIA, you will find only empty keeps (we are in bed, no need to knock at doors we will not wake up :p )
US players so bored to play 4vs4vs4 are all reroll mid, only zerg avaiable after 2:00 am -> their choices, but they will play alone ^^

About grouping, I never group in RVR (I spent 25% of my time in towers waiting, eating, watching TV with my TWF) and when I want action, I take my Wizard (just discovered he had aoe dots like my cabal !???) and play RVR (in zerg of course, daoc is a RVR game with greats battles 100vs100vs100 nothing else) no need to have speed or heal to have fun and good RP (50k/day) and be useful for my realm (especially in Attack/defense tower)

Sometimes I accept invitation but life duration of a group is about 12mn then everybody go elsewhere we are better alone :p
I don't see what I can give to a group (few RP maybe) no bubble, no heal no speed, only interesting group should be 8 WIZ with GTAOE assist :p <3

Maybe its time to wake up, and play a char u like to play even alone, DAOC is not facebook a place to chat more than fight (u have guild for that ^^)

I will never be able to communicate with you people. We just have had different experiences in life and no matter what I do, I can't reach you. It is like talking to someone that has only ever eaten Bread and only bread their entire life and you try to talk to them about jelly and butter with their toast. Good luck

lolhisup wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:41 am
I will never be able to communicate with you people. We just have had different experiences in life and no matter what I do, I can't reach you. It is like talking to someone that has only ever eaten Bread and only bread their entire life and you try to talk to them about jelly and butter with their toast. Good luck
nah, ppl hear you. they just dont agree lol