Re: Realm Timer - Ingame Player Vote

#121
Catholocate wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:00 pm
Taniquetil wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:32 pm
Nice as always. Would you consider rewarding realm loyalty too, as a way of "allowing" easy switching of realms, but encouraging people to consider swapping more carefully than just flipping back and forth? Putting the choice in each persons hands.

On the one hand a switch after 4-24hrs is possible, but on the other hand a reward for realm loyalty is also appealing and potentially a reason to stick to/commit to a realm more consistently?

Holy crap! I love this! Except no free rps, please. How about a "champion of the realm" bonus, i.e. damage bonus? Maybe scales, with a Max of 6-8% or so.
damage bonus is a huge no from me

Re: Realm Timer - Ingame Player Vote

#123
Zouz wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:55 pm
chryso wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:48 pm
Just make an 8-man discord. Let all of the groups know and first ones on can post, "We are playing hib today." Others can play accordingly.
There already is one, but most groups don't read, and half the ones who read it use it to dodge (like the /gvg list).
Nah only group who actively dodged now a days is Phil/Tayters group, and since they finally beat the hib groups, they think they the top 8 man now. They like 2-18 against us and even worse agaisnt numlock/celeny because they run a lot more than we do lately.

Re: Realm Timer - Ingame Player Vote

#124
Keelia wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:48 am
Zouz wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:55 pm
chryso wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:48 pm
Just make an 8-man discord. Let all of the groups know and first ones on can post, "We are playing hib today." Others can play accordingly.
There already is one, but most groups don't read, and half the ones who read it use it to dodge (like the /gvg list).
Nah only group who actively dodged now a days is Phil/Tayters group, and since they finally beat the hib groups, they think they the top 8 man now. They like 2-18 against us and even worse agaisnt numlock/celeny because they run a lot more than we do lately.
I really need to start looking at names, but from a 4man POV, the amount of 8mans that burn long-CD RAs like MoC / ST / TWF against a group half their size is too damn high *insert meme pic*

Re: Realm Timer - Ingame Player Vote

#125
Sepplord wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:19 pm
Keelia wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:48 am
Zouz wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:55 pm


There already is one, but most groups don't read, and half the ones who read it use it to dodge (like the /gvg list).
Nah only group who actively dodged now a days is Phil/Tayters group, and since they finally beat the hib groups, they think they the top 8 man now. They like 2-18 against us and even worse agaisnt numlock/celeny because they run a lot more than we do lately.
I really need to start looking at names, but from a 4man POV, the amount of 8mans that burn long-CD RAs like MoC / ST / TWF against a group half their size is too damn high *insert meme pic*
Tell me about it, we hit The Deciples of Merlin with a 4 man and no debuffer and their 8 man blew purges, and SoSed into us. We had a good laugh as we kited their 8 man around Forest sausage for 10 mins only to kill ourselves on CS.

Re: Realm Timer - Ingame Player Vote

#126
Uthred wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:15 pm
Ferboten wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:04 pm
Uthred wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:23 pm
The primary reason for the realm timer is that we don't want a snowball effect to occur on a given evening or people changing realms while a certain bg leader is online and switching back only afterwards. While a shorter realm timer would make the opposite possible as well, people switching over to the less populated realm, the majority of people will not, instead they are more likely to switch to the dominating realm of the evening.
What is this based off of? Or is it just an assumption? You were willing to do a NF test for a week before holding a vote to permanently switch to NF, why not try removing the timer or have a very short one (1 hr max) for a week and see what, if any effect it has on bandwagon realm hoppers?
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:01 am
That is precisely what we did: Ywain had no realm timer, we decided to have one in large part precisely because of the negative effects that could be seen there, the snow balling / joining some raid leader was / is the main reason for many on the staff as well as the insulting / flaming that could even be seen in beta. Sure some may have mentioned realm pride or even "spying", but those are mainly just the strawman arguments for those that want the timer removal.
Same effect was also visable on Uthgard 1.
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... 097#p84097

tl;dr: from a uth1 player perspective problems with having no realm-timer were only minor, and advantages outweighted them.
might be a problem on events with too many winning-team joiners. suggestion: standard low realm timer (<4h !) or no timer at all, and higher realm timer on event-days.

Re: Realm Timer - Ingame Player Vote

#127
I personally don't mind the realm timer, but I do find the 12 hour timer unnecessarily awkward.

I play all three realms, because I enjoy classes in all 3 realms, and prefer to play one for a period of time, before switching. As it is now I have to switch more often then I like to pay house rent. I couldn't care less about which realm is dominant.

If I want to play a certain realm on a weekend morning, say 10am, but I am on another realm the night before, I have to log off and not play at all at 10pm on a weekend night.

I think a normal break/sleeptime is a good compromise, and voted for 8 hours, but 6 would work.

Re: Realm Timer - Ingame Player Vote

#128
Ipponme wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:37 pm
I personally don't mind the realm timer, but I do find the 12 hour timer unnecessarily awkward.

I play all three realms, because I enjoy classes in all 3 realms, and prefer to play one for a period of time, before switching. As it is now I have to switch more often then I like to pay house rent. I couldn't care less about which realm is dominant.

If I want to play a certain realm on a weekend morning, say 10am, but I am on another realm the night before, I have to log off and not play at all at 10pm on a weekend night.

I think a normal break/sleeptime is a good compromise, and voted for 8 hours, but 6 would work.
You can pay rent on all realms with the new /rent command. I advise you keep up with the patchnotes posted in the phoenix discord, it will keep ya up to date :)

Re: Realm Timer - Ingame Player Vote

#129
A)/B) 4 and 6 hours sound good to me

I really like 2 of the ideas mentioned above:
- loyalty system for people that stick to one realm (with a fixed max. bonus) / resets when the person switches realm (shewtz)
- a timer based on realm population with: Shorter timer from high to low pop and a longer timer from low to high pop. realm (adlam)

Thanks Phoenixteam :)

Re: Realm Timer - Ingame Player Vote

#130
Uthred wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:15 pm
Ferboten wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:04 pm
Uthred wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:23 pm
The primary reason for the realm timer is that we don't want a snowball effect to occur on a given evening or people changing realms while a certain bg leader is online and switching back only afterwards. While a shorter realm timer would make the opposite possible as well, people switching over to the less populated realm, the majority of people will not, instead they are more likely to switch to the dominating realm of the evening.
What is this based off of? Or is it just an assumption? You were willing to do a NF test for a week before holding a vote to permanently switch to NF, why not try removing the timer or have a very short one (1 hr max) for a week and see what, if any effect it has on bandwagon realm hoppers?
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:01 am
That is precisely what we did: Ywain had no realm timer, we decided to have one in large part precisely because of the negative effects that could be seen there, the snow balling / joining some raid leader was / is the main reason for many on the staff as well as the insulting / flaming that could even be seen in beta. Sure some may have mentioned realm pride or even "spying", but those are mainly just the strawman arguments for those that want the timer removal.
Same effect was also visable on Uthgard 1.
adlam wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:37 pm
Could the timer be partially based on realm pop? That could eliminate the snowball effect mentioned, while providing increased flexibility for most.

If you want to relog from overpop to underpop, have like 15 minutes. Same for underpop to underpop. But maybe an hour (or 4...) for underpop to overpop. Encourage people to balance populations by relogging to underpop realms. Timer could be set when you log out.
#solution ;)