Re: Next Instance

Nehm wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:49 pm
Wouldn't the time be better spent fixing the hundreds of valid issues in the tracker? Many of them have been there for several months and take a minute each to fix.
someone hire this guy

So I'm willing to accept that there's a better path forward for Alb/Hib DS groups than a ridiculous amount of pet classes in every group. Maybe needing 4 animists in a DS group is not optimal.

But ahh, why are we continuously implementing changes that hurt the heavily underpopulated realms? Why is it more pressing to address DS leaderboard disparities than very large realm population imbalances? Hib had 50% underpopulation bonus last night, and the frontier has been a biiit of a mess. Yet we're nerfing animists in RvR and in PvE.....are we getting offsets to that? I don't give a damn about DS leaderboards, and honestly if you want to mess with animist RvR I don't care that much, but you need to do something to counterbalance it right? People can scream "l2p nub" and whatever else all they want -- the population numbers speak loudly and clearly on their own. It sure seems like Midgard has by far the most people, and yet the other two realms are getting nerfed....

We can complain all we want about farm speeds and times of one realm relative to another on some weird instance leaderboard -- don't the pop numbers speak more loudly than all of that? I'd just like more people to hang out with!

Si, instead of putting class restriction in place that only allows 1 or 2 of any certain class, you COMPLETELY make them UTTERLY USELESS in instances?
Talk about pounding a thumbtack with a sledgehammer...
Just, WOW!

Added a map to the first post and some infos about the new /taunt mechanic.

"New Mechanic: Taunting
The instance uses some mechanics that need predictable tank switching. For now we chose to implement this by literally using the /taunt command, it works on all instance mobs that show <Tauntable> under their name. Using /taunt on such a mob instantly sets you at the top of the aggro list and makes the mob attack you."
Building your world since 2017

Darkspire needed updated with some fixes. The changes to stunlocking the trash and outranging the boss call outs are good fixes. These other fixes however are just lazy and generally clueless to the problems with the instance.

As it is, if there is a class that is head over heels better than alternative classes... it will be taken. In the case of Albion, Theurgists were the best DPS and best Tank for the dungeon, so I ran 5 of them since nothing was better at their respective role. Gutting the class is NOT the answer it is just the lazy fix that basically guarantees that class will not get a spot after the changes go live. How about implementing a limit to 2 of each base class per group to enter the dungeon? This would prevent any kind of stacking since with the proposed changes all you are doing is changing which class will get stacked.

Another issue is there are classes that arent even considered for the dungeon... how about a +%PvE Damage bonus for all class types similiar to the XP social bonus. Maybe having all different class types grants a noticeable damage increase that makes it a viable option.

If the main problems arent fixed, the new instance will face the same issues.