Dual Weapon dmg

Started 19 Apr 2019
by k3mra
in Ask the Team
Hi i looked for a long time now for clearification but couldnt find something.

I want to know for my Merc how i can get the most dmg output. I know that if i use dw styles i need 52 comp slash/thrust or crush to reach the 100-150% min dmg.

But how is it for my dw skill?
Like i said i use dw styles do i need also 52 comp in dw or is the more the better?
..also if it is the more the better does it Cap somewhere like 61?
I just found something on the daopedia page for twohanded dmg calculation:
(twohanded dmg = onehanded dmg * (110% + 0.5% * effective twohandedspec)
But not for dw.

And what is with onehanded styles.. if i use onehanded styles like ametyth slash .. is the dmg capped when i have 52 comp slash or does it also has to be as high as possible?

If you answer plz also add the calculation for that or evidance for your tests and nothing you just heared.

Thx for your answers.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 10:22 AM by Bradekes
k3mra wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 10:00 AM

I want to know for my Merc how i can get the most dmg output. I know that if i use dw styles i need 52 comp slash/thrust or crush to reach the 100-150% min dmg.

Like i said i use dw styles do i need also 52 comp in dw or is the more the better?
But not for dw.

And what is with onehanded styles.. if i use onehanded styles like ametyth slash .. is the dmg capped when i have 52 comp slash or does it also has to be as high as possible?

If you answer plz also add the calculation for that or evidance for your tests and nothing you just heared.

Thx for your answers.

DW is supposed to, haven't confirmed here, continue to grow linear in style damage per spec point - even beyond 52 comp. And your swing % for your offhand does for sure continue to rise beyond 52 comp...

Plus I'm sure that 50 style in DW is one of the best styles in the game

You do need 52 comp for better damage from your base weapon: slash, crush, thrust.. Anything more is a waste unless you want a weapon style
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:22 PM by k3mra
Bradekes wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 10:22 AM
k3mra wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 10:00 AM

But not for dw.

Thx for your answers.

DW is supposed to, haven't confirmed here, continue to grow linear in style damage per spec point - even beyond 52 comp. And your swing % for your offhand does for sure continue to rise beyond 52 comp...

Plus I'm sure that 50 style in DW is one of the best styles in the game

You do need 52 comp for better damage from your base weapon: slash, crush, thrust.. Anything more is a waste unless you want a weapon style

I Asket because i want to know if its worth to go for

42 shield (slam)
44thrust (best Snare style/+dmg to chain)
29 slash (+dmg to bersi and savage and so)
39 dw (highest growth style/side combo((and no more points))

I read in an other post by i think it was "gruen" .. that the Chance for a offhand Swing is capped at 80% for alb and hib but dmg is 100% and for mid its 100% Chance for offhand Swing but 80%dmg ... how much do i need to reach those? And is the additional dmg gained by spec enough to get above the 15% armor bonus
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:47 PM by Bradekes
k3mra wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:22 PM
  • I Asket because i want to know if its worth to go for

42 shield (slam)

I read in an other post by i think it was "gruen" .. that the Chance for a offhand Swing is capped at 80% for alb and hib but dmg is 100% and for mid its 100% Chance for offhand Swing but 80%dmg ... how much do i need to reach those? And is the additional dmg gained by spec enough to get above the 15% armor bonus

• Char plan shows 41 DW.. But DW% doesn't cap it only goes so far because RR limit..

Dual spec usually 50 dw 30 thrust 30 slash 42 shield.. The extra DW will net more dps but yes you lose the snare style it's two part anyways not sure if it's worth the extra points
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:58 PM by k3mra
    Bradekes wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:47 PM
    k3mra wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:22 PM
  • I Asket because i want to know if its worth to go for

42 shield (slam)

• Char plan shows 41 DW.. But DW% doesn't cap it only goes so far because RR limit..

Dual spec usually 50 dw 30 thrust 30 slash 42 shield.. The extra DW will net more dps but yes you lose the snare style it's two part anyways not sure if it's worth the extra points

Yes thats what i want to know ^^

Is it worth or should i just go for the Basic 30 30 50 ... 27 sec Snare isnt something you laugh at
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:10 PM by Bradekes
    k3mra wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:58 PM

Is it worth or should i just go for the Basic 30 30 50 ... 27 sec Snare isnt something you laugh at

Well my merc is going only thrust, might be pidgeon holing myself a bit but he is saracen and I like thrust styles as well
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:05 PM by k3mra
    Bradekes wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:10 PM
    k3mra wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 12:58 PM

Well my merc is going only thrust, might be pidgeon holing myself a bit but he is saracen and I like thrust styles as well

I like thrust too but most because of the 44 style.. but the negativ effect is that you do 15% lower dmg to savage, bersi , hinter and shadowblades

Also you loose 15% Bonus dmg to hero, champ, druid, warden, bersi, savage, hinter and shadowblades

So 30% less dmg against named mid classes
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:19 PM by Bradekes
    k3mra wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:05 PM
    I like thrust too but most because of the 44 style.. but the negativ effect is that you do 15% lower dmg to savage, bersi , hinter and shadowblades

Also you loose 15% Bonus dmg to hero, champ, druid, warden, bersi, savage, hinter and shadowblades

So 30% less dmg against named mid classes

Armor table is on 10% vuln/resist not 15%.. And you're right about less damage to certain armor types tho.. I will have to test the difference in damage of having comp 52 thrust vs 30+... Might get enough outta comp 52 to make up some of that 20% armor table discrepancy.. Until higher RR
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:35 PM by k3mra
    Bradekes wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:19 PM
    Armor table is on 10% vuln/resist not 15%.. And you're right about less damage to certain armor types tho.. I will have to test the difference in damage of having comp 52 thrust vs 30+... Might get enough outta comp 52 to make up some of that 20% armor table discrepancy.. Until higher RR

Ok even with just a 20% difference ... i realy want to know the math behind the dmg calculation ^^
    If you run some Tests it would be nice if you link some Screenshots and tell how you tested it
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:42 PM by Bradekes
    k3mra wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:35 PM
    Bradekes wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:19 PM

Ok even with just a 20% difference ... i realy want to know the math behind the dmg calculation ^^
    If you run some Tests it would be nice if you link some Screenshots and tell how you tested it

That may be awhile as I won't vget to play for some time unfortunately.. My merc still kinda low atm.. If no one has done any testing before I do I will and give you my results you need to go into suggestion threads and find my test zone post and comment so we can get devs to implement a place where we can do these tests
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:48 PM by k3mra
    The Problem for alb is that we are nutral to slash dmg and that for a duel dmg test would still not be realistic
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:54 PM by Bradekes
    k3mra wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:48 PM
    The Problem for alb is that we are nutral to slash dmg and that for a duel dmg test would still not be realistic

All you would have to do is remove 10% slash resistance off your gear.. Usually your cloak if you have summoners
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 3:38 PM by k3mra
    Bradekes wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:54 PM
    k3mra wrote:
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 2:48 PM

All you would have to do is remove 10% slash resistance off your gear.. Usually your cloak if you have summoners

Good idea

I think if there doesnt come a answer of one of the devs i will try that ^^
    Just need some preperation time and the time to test with someone
    Fri 19 Apr 2019 11:39 PM by k3mra
    Ok after some thinking and mathematics i still didnt get whats about dw xD... but i got how much comp weapon we need to even out the minimal dmg

Sorry i have no englisch link
    https://daocpedia.com/index.php?title=Nahkampfschaden

There it says
    Variabledamage = (effectiv spec level -1) × 75 ÷ (enamy level+1) +25
    ...25% of the Maximum possible dmg is the lowest you can do with 0 skillpoints spend in a line

So for a char with a comp 52 weapon does 100% dmg + a random Nummer between 1 - 50 .. on phoenix it isnt a random 50 but a Static 25 instead (cant find the Patch Note about that right now but it was mentioned a few times)

So the Maximum possible dmg would be 125%

That said with 46 comp melee skill nur the +10% armor Bonus you would do about the same (1% more) damage as with 52 but nutral armor dmg Bonus
    (46[skill]-1)×75/(50[level]+1)+25[min possible]+25[static number]+10[armor bonus]=126,18

That means you can go for a spec with 30 slash 30 thrust 50 dw 42 shield when you reach rr6 and dont loose minimum dmg. Exept for bard, bm, ranger and ns where you would use your thrust weapon for nutral dmg because they are resistant to slash

Just want to let you know what i found till now...
    .. plz correct me if im wrong
    This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics