laptops with touchscreen

Started 15 Oct 2019
by stellaartois
in Ask the Team
hey

i have an xps laptop with touchscreen and love to play daoc on it.
however i remember that both on live and storm freeshard there was an issue with the drivers for touchscreen that caused an autoban.
is it safe here or better to disable the touchscreen before playing?
Tue 15 Oct 2019 12:05 PM by Roto23
I have never seen any verbiage from the devs about a touch screen causing a ban. I would think a touch screen is a disadvantage over a mouse/gamepad so why make it bannable anyway?
Tue 15 Oct 2019 12:58 PM by stellaartois
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 15 Oct 2019 12:05 PM
I have never seen any verbiage from the devs about a touch screen causing a ban. I would think a touch screen is a disadvantage over a mouse/gamepad so why make it bannable anyway?

well i'm not going to use the touchscreen to game. But it has an insanly good screen (2K)
but something in the drivers made the original version of daoc think it was some sort of cheat software hence i got the insta ban. They reversed it but told me it was a known fact.
So before i get a new insta ban i would love to know if i can use it or just not use it
Tue 15 Oct 2019 1:25 PM by Roto23
stellaartois wrote:
Tue 15 Oct 2019 12:58 PM
Roto23 wrote:

well i'm not going to use the touchscreen to game. But it has an insanly good screen (2K)
but something in the drivers made the original version of daoc think it was some sort of cheat software hence i got the insta ban. They reversed it but told me it was a known fact.
So before i get a new insta ban i would love to know if i can use it or just not use it

You will have to wait for a dev to reply then, anything else will just be speculation.
Tue 15 Oct 2019 6:09 PM by stellaartois
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 15 Oct 2019 1:25 PM
stellaartois wrote:
Tue 15 Oct 2019 12:58 PM
Roto23 wrote:

You will have to wait for a dev to reply then, anything else will just be speculation.

i know
waiting
for now i'll play on my old laptop
Tue 15 Oct 2019 6:55 PM by Cadebrennus
I play on both a regular Asus gaming notebook (no touchscreen) as well as a Surface Pro 3 (which does have a touchscreen) since beta. No problems here.
Tue 15 Oct 2019 7:21 PM by ExcretusMaximus
You'll get a faster response messaging one of them privately on Discord.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 1:42 AM by Killaloth
stellaartois wrote:
Tue 15 Oct 2019 11:11 AM
hey

i have an xps laptop with touchscreen and love to play daoc on it.
however i remember that both on live and storm freeshard there was an issue with the drivers for touchscreen that caused an autoban.
is it safe here or better to disable the touchscreen before playing?

I played my BM for 11 ranks on a XPS laptop with touchscreen, I guess I would be asked if something was out of place by now

Don't worry there is nothing wrong with XPS touchscreen.

Also with the SSD drive you'll load into POC instantly, enjoy your badass laptop!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics