Yet Another Necromancer Pet Stat Question

Started 15 Aug 2019
by oldmanukko
in Ask the Team
i am getting mixed advice in /advice.

does swapping work or not?

the last information i have is that con/hits are all that comes from the template. so, you wear +75 con/+200 hits to summon the pet and then swap back. is this or is this no longer true? the other /advice i got was that the stats all come from the necro suit and nothing actually ''transfers'' any more.

thanks ahead of time
Thu 15 Aug 2019 7:44 PM by Ashok
The necro pet does have it's own base stats; those are the same for every pet and neither the selected race nor starting points will change those.

But the race matters in regards to (Including starting points):
- base intelligence: increasing all magic damage dealt both by pet and shade
- base dexterity: increasing castspeed of all spells casted by the shade (like the melee lifedrain)
- racial resists: racial resists are transferred in addition to item resists

HP, constitution and resists from items transfer on summon (including toughness RA). After summon the items with those stats can be removed, the pet keeps the benefits.
All other stats (str/dex/quick) and any stat-RA (including castspeed but excluding toughness RA) is transfered in shade form and does update in realtime if anything changes.

Buffs, of course, do not transfer at all, but buffing the pet obviously dies increase it's absorb, castspeed and melee damage.
Buffing the shade int does increase all magic damage dealt, both by pet and by shade.

... just tested.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 9:52 PM by oldmanukko
thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you
Sun 19 Jan 2020 4:14 PM by Keltar
Did this get changed since that test? Because my current test is that resists do update live... can't really test with con/hp though. If constitution does affect your absorb in RvR then it's likely that is the case because I still get hit for the same amount...

With "Fighting" gear where just str/dex/qui/acuity/power is capped (But con is at 61/75) I get hit for 174 (-39) for a total of 213. That setup has me at 18% resists.
With "Summoning" gear where just resists/con/hits are capped I get hit for 157 (-55) on a slash hit for a total of 212.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 8:37 AM by ISPY4ever
I'm interested in this too. Since i've found like four different sources for Necro-Stats transfer.
Who is right on the summon/live-update stats:
Keltar or Ashok? Hmm.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics