How are Thanes on this server now that we're live?

Started 6 Jun 2019
by k9cj5
in Midgard
First and foremost thank you for your time. I asked this questing during the beta and Thanes needed some love back then. Now that the server is live I was just wondering if this was still the case? I don't have a ton of time to play games these days, and I always wanted to try a Thane back in the day. If I do make it to 50 I'd hate to be not wanted or needed a grp. Also what are some of the race/builds for Thanes? Again thank you for your time.
Fri 7 Jun 2019 6:55 AM by inoeth
k9cj5 wrote:
Thu 6 Jun 2019 11:08 PM
First and foremost thank you for your time. I asked this questing during the beta and Thanes needed some love back then. Now that the server is live I was just wondering if this was still the case? I don't have a ton of time to play games these days, and I always wanted to try a Thane back in the day. If I do make it to 50 I'd hate to be not wanted or needed a grp. Also what are some of the race/builds for Thanes? Again thank you for your time.

take a look into the "videos" section of this forum and you will find videos of the player "ledri" that should give you a good impression of what thanes are like on phoenix
Fri 7 Jun 2019 7:23 AM by Lollie
k9cj5 wrote:
Thanes got a little bit of love with higher damage spells, quicker cast time and lower mana cost.
As for specs I've only ever really heard of the cookie cutter 50 sc, 42 shield 39 weapon (normally hammer) rest parry.
Fri 7 Jun 2019 8:56 AM by Loki
I think the most popular thane build is 50 stormcalling, 42 shield, 39 hammer and 6 parry. Not sure how needed they are in 8man groups , can't say that I've seen many thanes in them. Could make it work with a guild group or some friends.

But for small man, I think thanes are fun. I'm closing in to rr5 from soloing, their ability to control the play field with their real ability tool kit vs multiple targets is a lot of fun. I prefer soloing with Thane a whole lot more than with Skald.
Fri 7 Jun 2019 4:41 PM by Ardri
k9cj5 wrote:

Thane is completely viable. You should make one if that's what you want to play. It still has that classic daoc stigma attached to it, even you insinuated it, but it's still a decent class. Frostalf thane is the best imo, but do whatever class you want.
Sun 9 Jun 2019 11:43 PM by Anelyn77
Can't wait to bomb peeps with 2 sms, 1 bd , 1 thane. Super effective if you know what yer doing.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 6:34 AM by k9cj5
awesome thanks for all the info. I Will for sure be starting a thane here in the next couple of days. Can you autotrain a thane? I remember that Thanes were one of the classes that could. If they can is it worth it? Ill probably do +10 Str, +10 Pie, +10dex at start up? with a spec of 50 Stromcalling, 39 Hammer, 42 Shied and rest parry.

What styles are worth using for hammer spec?

Also was hoping to get into a guild earlier than later. Anyone know of an active one that recruiting?

Again thanks for all the info. One of the things I missed from daoc is the community. I remember when I logged in the first time back in 2003 and someone was in Val helping out new players just because. You dont see that in games anymore. Met some awesome players back then and looking forward to that here.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 7:05 AM by Anelyn77
Chaos Crowd is looking for more members, we're part of a large Alliance, just poke anyone /who chaos. Also, get a staff on thane (not kidding).
Wed 12 Jun 2019 1:04 PM by Pops999
k9cj5 wrote:
Mon 10 Jun 2019 6:34 AM
awesome thanks for all the info. I Will for sure be starting a thane here in the next couple of days. Can you autotrain a thane? I remember that Thanes were one of the classes that could. If they can is it worth it? Ill probably do +10 Str, +10 Pie, +10dex at start up? with a spec of 50 Stromcalling, 39 Hammer, 42 Shied and rest parry.

What styles are worth using for hammer spec?

Also was hoping to get into a guild earlier than later. Anyone know of an active one that recruiting?

Again thanks for all the info. One of the things I missed from daoc is the community. I remember when I logged in the first time back in 2003 and someone was in Val helping out new players just because. You dont see that in games anymore. Met some awesome players back then and looking forward to that here.

No auto training per se, you the get the extra points "automatically".
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics