SB Weapons

Started 5 Jun 2019
by Thyestefles
in Midgard
I know there is a post on this topic from a bit back. I read it but still wanted some others input. What two weapons do you recommend for a SB.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 5:04 AM by gotwqqd
A sword and an axe
Wed 5 Jun 2019 5:09 AM by Mavella
If axe dragonmight mainhand/craft offhand with dot proc as they stack. You can also use craft 4.2 main hands to swap to if dragonmight procs to maybe get additional DD procs while it ticks.

If sword dragon shadow sword/ 2.4 speed rog or craft with dot proc. If you can go mainhand free or entirely weaponless tuscar sword for lifetap proc to swap to after str/con debuff fires ain't bad either.
Wed 5 Jun 2019 11:17 PM by Saroi
Go Axe and take Dragonmight in Mainhand. As for offhand, if you are lucky and have a 2.4 offhand with Lifetap, take that. Otherwise get a crafted 2.9 with crafting Dot proc.

I do not suggest to go Sword, since the weapon choice is weaker in my opinion and Axe also has an anytime haste debuff + a stronger sidestyle haste debuff.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 10:46 AM by Gorgoroth
Sword for sure, you are much more flexible with your weapon choice and the proc you are using.

Depending on your template of course, but I for example have a temp that allows me to use the dragon shadow sword and the tuscaran sword while still being capped. So you have a choice to go DD lifetap on your weapon for quicker fights (like vs other Stealther) or the debuff for harder Targets like paladins or so.

That is much better than a dot stack, which is unaffected by Viper, if you chose to take this RA.

And the Axe haste debuff anytimer is "whatever" as the followup of garrotte is also a haste debuff.

Im not saying that Axe is bad, its not, uts a viable choice, however the TG swords available make it a better choice over Axe.

Cheers.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 2:19 PM by Mavella
I'd argue that triple dot stacking will likely be most effective in the fights that last the longest. I'm thinking vs friars, blade rangers with high moarcane, anything in chain or plate that might IP. That non physical damage can really add up over 30+sec rather than the 10-30sec fights you might expect vs other stealthers. I found myself hitting a blade ranger for 100mainhand recently and it got me reconsidering the value of non-physical damage overall.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 2:47 PM by Kappu
Mavella wrote:
Thu 6 Jun 2019 2:19 PM
I'd argue that triple dot stacking will likely be most effective in the fights that last the longest. I'm thinking vs friars, blade rangers with high moarcane, anything in chain or plate that might IP. That non physical damage can really add up over 30+sec rather than the 10-30sec fights you might expect vs other stealthers. I found myself hitting a blade ranger for 100mainhand recently and it got me reconsidering the value of non-physical damage overall.

These are things I considered also when making my SB template ultimately I went with Sword, but it's fairly easy to re-SC and go to Axe. I'll try one for awhile then switch over and try the other later.

Wish Viper affected all DoT's and not just Lifebane.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 4:16 PM by gotwqqd
Leveling I find it axe to be better
The style plague is nice anytime
Thu 6 Jun 2019 5:20 PM by Joc
I still like the triple dot setup personally. It still melts HP on rangers and other sneaks pretty fast.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 8:37 PM by inchaii
I like the dragon shadow swords until you get the debuff applied and swap to sword of sorrows - 4.3 (which I believe is the slowest) 1h sword - 20K feathers - endo absorb proc. It takes their end and gives to you so Its been very useful in the longer fights where I typically am out of endo to use the high endo styles while also causing them to do unstyled attacks back to you

I’ve tested the 3 dot set up with axes and it’s fun but lifebane only affects the poison which made me switch back to swords
Fri 7 Jun 2019 1:35 PM by Kappu
inchaii wrote:
Thu 6 Jun 2019 8:37 PM
I like the dragon shadow swords until you get the debuff applied and swap to sword of sorrows - 4.3 (which I believe is the slowest) 1h sword - 20K feathers - endo absorb proc. It takes their end and gives to you so Its been very useful in the longer fights where I typically am out of endo to use the high endo styles while also causing them to do unstyled attacks back to you

I’ve tested the 3 dot set up with axes and it’s fun but lifebane only affects the poison which made me switch back to swords

You mean Viper? I'm assuming.

I really want the Endo Drain Spear on my Hunter have you noticed the drain really keeping enemies from using styles?
Thu 13 Jun 2019 8:46 AM by Zaidon
If I'm not wrong, the Spear from Tusca give you 20% of endurance but it's not a drain like the sword, so it's not affecting the enemy endurance.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 4:07 PM by Atum
bump

question:

for lifetap proc rogs - do i use 2.4 or 4.2 for _off hand_ ?

swing speed vs higher swing dmg.

usually you want to have higher swing speed in order to apply dots, buffs, debuffs etc and after that higher swing dmg with slow lifetap rogs?

so my "gameplan" would be:

1) steinvor + steinvor for haste buff
switch
2) dragonmight + alchemy dot proc for 2x dot
switch
3) lifetap + lifetap
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics