BD PvE Farming : 44 BA vs 50 BA ?

Started 31 May 2019
by Vennedra
in Midgard
Hi guys,

For farming solo red or purp mobs, with my BD is at the moment 44 BA 18 Supp 25 Dark, and I'm doing well.
I play with the bonenurster (42 BA pet) and 2 Bonepatcher for heal (or 2 boneburster for faster kills, but I have to heal a lot). High BA bring less resist and the 2 dots. 41 add dmg buff bring a lot of damage. Ther 25 dark line bring the 25 Str/con buff fort pets.

Now my question : I'm wondering if it will not kill mobs faster with 50BA 19Sup 7Dark.
I will gain :
* lvl 50 add dmg buff !
* 49 BA dot
* 48 pet Bonerazer, but because he is lvl 44 I can only cast one bonepatcher or keep playing with bonenurster and 2 healers ?
* Less resist on dots ? not sure of that becasue already 50 BA ?
* the next level of Ablative pet armor lvl 19 (I have the lvl 12 atm)

I will loose :
* 3 lvl of str/con buff : going down from lvl 25 to lvl 7 buff --> thats the real question, loosing that to gain the lvl 50 add dmg, worth it ?

what do you think mates ?
Fri 31 May 2019 8:53 AM by Numatic
50 BA is better imo. The reason being is that the little bit of str and hp you lose more than makes up for it with the extra damage from the dot and add. Now it's not a large issue by any means. But for pure farming you dont need dark since you wont be nuking anything. Also keep your pet layout the same. It's not worth it to lose a healing pet just to have a higher dps pet since most of your damage from them comes from the damage add. It's very helpful with power management.

Either spec works fine, I just think 50 BA will be a little better. Maybe I'm missing something though because I have a supp rvr BD and dont farm with him
Fri 31 May 2019 12:14 PM by Vkejai
What con mobs are you farming ?
Fri 31 May 2019 12:34 PM by crlmx
Some thoughts:
1. I heard about a 32 sup / 42/43 BA spec for red/purple mobs, viable?
2. Mastery of Arcane viable for better buffs?

Just some thoughts..
Sat 1 Jun 2019 8:06 AM by Vennedra
Thanks for the input guys.
Any other bd with a ba 50 experience ?
Sat 8 Jun 2019 12:34 PM by Aidereh
I'm using 50 BA/18 Sup.
You can use the top melee or archer in BA with 2xhealers

For moderna red caps I use:

The top archer, 1 healer, 1 buffer. After they buff, click on the buffer and release.
Then summon another healer and cast your pet buffs.

Axehands aren't worth the time to kill since the salvage-drop nerf and the RoG utility drop when jewelcrafting was added, but I used the same setup on them.

I would recommend a cave shaman as a farmer or as an alternate farmer to the BD.

A
Sat 8 Jun 2019 9:32 PM by alusnova415
I'm new to mid , made a BD to solo farm and then they nerf the salvage drops.

Question is where are the camps to farm in mid? I mainly played Albion and there we go to LB and farmed shredders for rapiers that converted into 10 arcanium bars. Are there such camps in mid and where?

I know the drops are nerfed but I'm assuming that's where you still go and farm unless there is something different to farm.

And one more point , I know it's been discussed before but the salvage nerf really put new players at a great disadvantage, I made 30p in Albion and and will use that money to template my skald but if I didn't had those 30p and a new player? I'll be screwed, what's the point if making pve take longer in an old pvp game.
Sun 9 Jun 2019 4:47 AM by Kampfar
No need to farm that much. Got 5p on the last toon on the way to 50 just selling drops and doing pve tasks.
But if u really feel like needing more. Hagbui in vanern swamp are good for masses of blue con to 50. N of hagall is a Camp w named boko, drops weapons for 10 arcanite and Maybe useful rogs.
Mon 10 Jun 2019 7:59 AM by Leandrys
Hmm, there are nammed in SI zones who drops salvage loots ?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics