Shadowblade RAs which to get as climbing ladder

Started 8 Aug 2019
by 2flare
in Midgard
I am only RR3.

What I have: Quick 4, MoA 3, Purge 3

Questions:

1) Is MoA,Quick 4 priority ? Or should have I started with something else? I'm contemplating replacing them with max Tougness. Is that bad idea?

2) I have 2 pts to spend. Should I start building Aug Str or MoP ? Neither? What other?

3) If all remains the same.... what should I be getting next?

Thanks for your help guys.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 8:29 PM by Mavella
I'd consider purge 2 lw tireless to be the bare necessities. From there either purge 3 or Vanish with the next 5 points followed by some passives. If you're Norse I'd focus on mop MoArms and qui in that orther. Use a Calc to see whats the most efficient use of points to increase your swing speed. Generally don't go over moarm5 or qui5.

If you're valkyn then mop, MoArms/Aug str.

By rr5 I'd have purge 4 Vanish Lw tireless then some combination of the above passives depending on race.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 9:02 PM by 2flare
Thanks mavella.

I know you said next 5 pts. So I'm assuming that's vanish 1 only... is 1 even worth it in your opinion?

Also if I increase MOP first and MOA after that. How high should I increase MOP before even thinking of moving on to MOA?

thanks again
Thu 8 Aug 2019 9:24 PM by Mavella
Yeah Vanish is a 1 point wonder for sure. If you use it at super low hp there's a good chance you might get found and killed anyway.

I use it mainly as a tool to stay in the field as long as possible. The less time spend /releasing rebuffing and boating means more opportunities for potential kills. It can also be a total dud in that you die anyway but at least it gives you the opportunity to maybe escape.

As for mop I'd probably go to at least 4 or 5. I feel like MoArms isn't great until you can afford 5 which seems to be the sweet spot. Definitely check the swing speed Calc though there maybe a combination of lower qui+MoArms that's better than 1 more haste.
Fri 9 Aug 2019 2:59 AM by gotwqqd
I think any purge over the instant one is a luxury that can likely wait until later down the road
Fri 9 Aug 2019 5:29 AM by Saroi
I was 50 LA with axes, I did enough damage so I just needed to survive, that is why I went Toughness 9 with purge 3 and then went Aug Str.

With Axes and the Anytime hastedebuff or 34% side debuff you don't need MoArms or Quickness, you will always attack faster. At this moment you have 2099 life, with a hard debuff anytime. At this point when you are in stun you always have the option to save your purge, because even tanks with slam will barely get 2 2h hits off, sometimes just 1. So your toughness 9 will pretty much absorb that.

MoP is too inconsistant which I do not like and vanish is a waste of 5 points.
Fri 9 Aug 2019 7:34 AM by Numatic
It all depends entirely how you want to play. I'm currently trying out the viper toughness route. Which is meant for extended fights.

For fast killing, I suggest lw, tireless, purge 2, MoP9. Critting on roughly 1/2 your swings is nice. It can allow you to mow someone down quick. Especially if you crit on PA.

Just remember, getting anything that doesnt increase your combat ability (such as purge 3+ or vanish) is just adding convenience and luxury. Some people prefer that, but personally I dont take anything I absolutely dont need. No vanish will definitely mean more deaths but most times your just a hop skip away from getting right back anyway. And if it's a long travel your purge is likely to be nearly up again by the time you get back.
Thu 3 Oct 2019 9:42 PM by Torye
Did you like the viper toughness route?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics