Bonedancers in RvR/PvP/Small Scale

Started 8 Jul 2019
by Codak
in Midgard
Are they useless right now with the pet nerf? PVE is a blast and i love farming but in RvR i get destroyed by everyone.

Currently running 46 Dark / rest in Supp ... Double War mage + Body debuff for damage increase
Mon 8 Jul 2019 12:32 AM by Codak
thinking of trying a double healer pet spec with lifetaps instead of the double war mage, tho i dont know how good this will be in pve il let you know
Mon 8 Jul 2019 1:33 AM by Codak
after testing multiple bd specs i can safely say the class is useless in RvR right now, good for PVE farming but really has no use in PvP... Time to reroll shammy
Mon 8 Jul 2019 2:31 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Codak wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 1:33 AM
after testing multiple bd specs i can safely say the class is useless in RvR right now, good for PVE farming but really has no use in PvP... Time to reroll shammy

Then you're not playing him right.

If you're zerging, just spec high TWF and farm the idiots.

If you're roaming, spec split spec and play interrupts until called on to assist, then turn and nuke the everloving piss out of the target.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 7:13 AM by Stoertebecker
Codak wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 1:33 AM

You have tested different specs betweens 12 am and 1:33 am, so you think you know it all in 1,5h? Well.....time to reroll a Shaman, go 50 aug if you are that impatient.

No infos about fav playstyle and current rr makes it a bit hard to help you.....
Mon 8 Jul 2019 2:46 PM by Codak
Ok so after more testing i can say the class isnt so bad after all.

Did some small scale RvR last night (8 man stuff) and had a blast! This was 46 Dark // Rest BA untemplated aswell (Decent gear though some 55 / 65 util pieces a couple maybe three not sure exactly )

Have TFW 3 but havent landed a good one yet im guessing this is more for zerg rvr?
Tue 9 Jul 2019 11:41 AM by Vkejai
If u need help making a temp I can copy mine and PM you.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 12:06 PM by Nunki
Codak wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 2:46 PM
Ok so after more testing i can say the class isnt so bad after all.

Did some small scale RvR last night (8 man stuff) and had a blast! This was 46 Dark // Rest BA untemplated aswell (Decent gear though some 55 / 65 util pieces a couple maybe three not sure exactly )

Have TFW 3 but havent landed a good one yet im guessing this is more for zerg rvr?

Fun fact is that you can read comments that BD's are insansely OP on a daily basis.
In which case your initial comment that BD's are "useless" is damn funny.

TWF is great in any situation, even in small-group fights if you want to either rupt the other group or get rid of tanks, but yeah TWF (WTF) shines in zerg-fights.

Have fun.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 12:10 PM by Sepplord
Vkejai wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 11:41 AM
If u need help making a temp I can copy mine and PM you.

Copying temps on Phoenix? How would that work out with the ROG-accessories?
Tue 9 Jul 2019 1:49 PM by Vkejai
Off top of my head it's one SC piece and 2 or 3 non armour rogs which are low utility. So shouldn't be to hard to find something close.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 1:51 PM by dstrmberg
I will leave this question open: Why would anyone ever spec dark on a BD?
Tue 9 Jul 2019 1:58 PM by ExcretusMaximus
dstrmberg wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 1:51 PM
I will leave this question open: Why would anyone ever spec dark on a BD?

Because in group combat it's better than Suppression in every way.

Sub-spec Suppression and you've still got your instant interrupts while having much better damage and much better pets.

I still think 39/37 is the best spec though.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 2:01 PM by dstrmberg
BD is not a damage class. Roll some other caster class for that.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 2:01 PM by Sepplord
Vkejai wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 1:49 PM
Off top of my head it's one SC piece and 2 or 3 non armour rogs which are low utility. So shouldn't be to hard to find something close.

finding "something close" to a rog is basically as hard as it gets...
And any named feather items outside of the TG-vest are very costly compared to just getting a cheap ROG from housing
Just get a bunch of 50+ Utility jewelry and use Loki or Zenkcraft (they autocalculate the SC-items) to make it work.

I get that you only wanted to help, and thats a nice thing of you, but it seems that going that way might actually make it harder for someone to complete their temp. I know i would rather build 3temps from scratch than trying to make someone elses work with similar ROGs
Tue 9 Jul 2019 2:02 PM by Sepplord
dstrmberg wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 2:01 PM

the split-specc still has all the ruppt doesn't it?

Or what would you suggest instead?(serious question, BD-noob myself)
Tue 9 Jul 2019 2:13 PM by ExcretusMaximus
dstrmberg wrote:

Or you could not suck and still interrupt three people perpetually while doing damage.

If all you can do is run around spamming your LT, you suck.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 2:18 PM by Numatic
I duo my supp BD with PD7 (almost 8) currently with a skald. I think the assasins who try get a bit of a shock when they PA for 300 and hit for 100dmg a swing lol. I don't think we've lost an even fight in awhile. The amount of interrupts and damage capabilities is pretty large. You can use your baseline nuke on top of your 4s instant lifetap. Although the power drain on the nuke is pretty harsh so use it when you arent concerned about power. Im considering trying a split spec for a higher resist debuff and the lower delve insta. not sure yet.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 4:04 PM by Codak
my main issue in RvR is not the damage, its me getting 1 shot by every single class.

Typically what happens is im farming in frontiers and a minstrel or caster walks up and mezzes me and all my pets, proceeds to two shot me.

OR

Farming in upplands and next thing you know a stealthy 1 taps me from ranged (cant even see him ) or 1 shots me in a stun via melee.

I never have a CHANCE to even lifetap, so 1v1 the class feels worthless. My gear isnt even that bad most resist are 20% and ive even spec'd defensively with RAs buffed at 1300 HP (STILL get destroyed)

This is all solo, group play is fine. Zergging is fun but its a little sad to be a free kill to basically anything that wants to kill me while im farming. Most my gear is 40+ Util, i even have a couple 55-65 Util pieces and i dont see how a "temp" is going to stop me from getting demolished by stealthys while im farming etc

but hey atleast i have TFW (doesnt like almost every other class have TFW aswell? So its definitely not BD unique ) but atleast for now i can hide in the zerg and aoe dot things just wish i could hold my own 1v1 abit better
Tue 9 Jul 2019 4:08 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Codak wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 4:04 PM
(doesnt like almost every other class have TFW aswell?

Three classes out of thirty-nine have TWF (Bonedancer, Reaver, and Warden).
Tue 9 Jul 2019 4:38 PM by dstrmberg
Numatic wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 2:18 PM
I duo my supp BD with PD7 (almost 8) currently with a skald. I think the assasins who try get a bit of a shock when they PA for 300 and hit for 100dmg a swing lol. I don't think we've lost an even fight in awhile. The amount of interrupts and damage capabilities is pretty large. You can use your baseline nuke on top of your 4s instant lifetap. Although the power drain on the nuke is pretty harsh so use it when you arent concerned about power. Im considering trying a split spec for a higher resist debuff and the lower delve insta. not sure yet.

This guy gets it. With a minor twist, according to my number crunching MoArcane 5 + PD5 > PD7. Try it!
Tue 9 Jul 2019 4:38 PM by dstrmberg
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 2:13 PM
dstrmberg wrote:

Or you could not suck and still interrupt three people perpetually while doing damage.

Ok m8. Kiting with jinxer + lifetap wins EVERY 1 vs 1. PD7. Unless you do mistakes.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 5:00 PM by Stoertebecker
dstrmberg wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 4:38 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 2:13 PM
dstrmberg wrote:

Ok m8. Kiting with jinxer + lifetap wins EVERY 1 vs 1. PD7. Unless you do mistakes.

So does kiting with 1 warmage and 2 lvl 24 healpets. It`s a question about purge rdy yes/no.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 9:45 PM by ExcretusMaximus
dstrmberg wrote:

Sorry for being so combative, turns out we're talking about two different things; you're talking about soloing, I'm talking about 8-man roaming.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 10:06 AM by dstrmberg
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 9:45 PM
dstrmberg wrote:

Sorry for being so combative, turns out we're talking about two different things; you're talking about soloing, I'm talking about 8-man roaming.

Ok. Fine!

Well, like I asked before: Why chose a dark BD over SM/RM if you want a damage caster in a FG?

In smallman/solo you probably shouldnt run anything else than supp.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 11:05 AM by woody
dstrmberg wrote:
Numatic wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 2:18 PM

This guy gets it. With a minor twist, according to my number crunching MoArcane 5 + PD5 > PD7. Try it!

Do you have those #s to share perhaps? I'm curious about this!
Sat 13 Jul 2019 11:57 AM by borodino1812
What would a typical Supp RvR spec be like? I got a BD that has been mothballed since the axehand nerf. Was wondering whether to template him, and try him out as a Supp BD.

Something like 47 Supp, 24 Dark, 11 BA? 47 Supp, 25 Dark, 8 BA?
Sat 13 Jul 2019 12:07 PM by woody
47/25/8
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:52 PM by iamsaitam
Did they change Bonedancers since this topic was created or are the people in here that say they are useless terrible players?

Yes, I've gotten my ass handed back to me several times by bonedancers. Unfortunately, not because of skills, but the range on those instas. I'd understand if the range was between 1000-1200, then you'd have to actually think a bit how to approach the fight.. but having the same range on INSTA debuff and lifetap as other casters? How this hasn't been addressed perplexes me.
Tue 8 Oct 2019 6:34 PM by Nunki
iamsaitam wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:52 PM
Did they change Bonedancers since this topic was created or are the people in here that say they are useless terrible players?

Yes, I've gotten my ass handed back to me several times by bonedancers. Unfortunately, not because of skills, but the range on those instas. I'd understand if the range was between 1000-1200, then you'd have to actually think a bit how to approach the fight.. but having the same range on INSTA debuff and lifetap as other casters? How this hasn't been addressed perplexes me.
Mostly terrible players.

To be honest, BD has huge potential in many aspects, which doesn't mean they are OP.
Rupt potential is massive.
PD6+ is a shock for any stealther.
TWF is great for zergfights.
Good damage spikes every 4 seconds (mana drain ouch).

BUT at no point a Hib caster should complaint about BDs beeing too strong.
Baseline stun LOL, 2 bomb classes, amazing debuff train potential. Ench pet has more HP than a BD commander.

BD is absolutely playable, has great potential and is fun/good, but calling it OP would be too much.
Wed 9 Oct 2019 8:19 AM by iamsaitam
Nunki wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 6:34 PM
iamsaitam wrote:

Mostly terrible players.

To be honest, BD has huge potential in many aspects, which doesn't mean they are OP.

Baseline stun LOL, 2 bomb classes, amazing debuff train potential. Ench pet has more HP than a BD commander.

BD is absolutely playable, has great potential and is fun/good, but calling it OP would be too much.

None of the things you mentioned puts casters in fair ground with a BD. Baseline stun is purgeable, unfortunately I cannot purge the BD's ability to use their insta. The issue is also having the debuff being insta, because that basically means it will be extremely difficult to resist one of his insta lifetaps. But anyways, this won't lead to any change.
Wed 9 Oct 2019 10:24 AM by Sepplord
iamsaitam wrote:
Wed 9 Oct 2019 8:19 AM
Nunki wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 6:34 PM
iamsaitam wrote:

Mostly terrible players.

None of the things you mentioned puts casters in fair ground with a BD. Baseline stun is purgeable, unfortunately I cannot purge the BD's ability to use their insta. The issue is also having the debuff being insta, because that basically means it will be extremely difficult to resist one of his insta lifetaps. But anyways, this won't lead to any change.

none of the things he mentioned were about a 1vs1 situation though.

Resistdebuffs also have no infliuence on resist-rates, and resisting a spell or not is purely RNG not something you could apply a difficulty level to
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics