Another class indecision advice request!

Started 13 Feb 2019
by rootbiscuit
in Hibernia
Riddle me this: what class is almost always welcome in an RvR group (small - 8man) while still being useful in PvE?
Oh, and isn't a support class; I'm just not altruistic enough to play support (given that I don't enjoy it at all).

I know these posts are irritating but I could honestly use some advice from people with more experience of the Phoenix way of life!
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:07 PM by relvinian
I would say enchanter because it has speed.

Hero? Blademaster?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:59 PM by Cen
Enchanters are the strongest PvE class in the grassland, they are wanted for RvR, and they blow stuff up with minimal support.

Heroes are okay at soloing, and needed for RvR, and break everything over their finger.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:08 AM by opossum12
Enchanters hands down since their rvr spec is also their pve spec.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:28 PM by Koljar
Eld maybe? 39 mana/37 light or so? Wanted in both pve (mainly as DD (pbae)) and rvr (ns, disease, debuffs, pet clear and nuke assist) for both small manning and 8+ vs x.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 2:23 PM by moe_Jiller
Koljar wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:28 PM
Eld maybe? 39 mana/37 light or so? Wanted in both pve (mainly as DD (pbae)) and rvr (ns, disease, debuffs, pet clear and nuke assist) for both small manning and 8+ vs x.

I would agree.

For big groups AND smallman sought classes are Eld, Bm, (Hero), Champ, VW.

Enchanter can sometimes be in a smallman, pet snare and base stun is their only CC tho which makes eld more appealing. Still ok tho.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10:40 AM by rootbiscuit
Thanks for the input and advice. Much appreciated.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:47 PM by Tritri
I know you talked about not playing a support class, but why don't you ?

What do you not like about it ? The healing part ? The low dps part ?

Because if you don't like playing support just because you want to confront the enemies directly, you could play bard which is highly demanded in PvE and RvR. And you have to actively CC and rupt your opponent in RvR, you are not really here to heal (cure mezz and disease though)

And what is your level of play ?

Because Bard's need to know the map because it's often expected from them to lead the group

Enchanter are expected to lead assist, so you need a rather good knowledge, they are needed in pve and in pvp
Eldritch have a lot of utility abnd are expected to be able to swap target a lot, use NS, diseases, s/c debuff, d/q debuff, and assist the enchanter when needed, they have a lower charge on them, but are often the primary target in RvR since they will cast NS while chanter and mentalist keep their speed, they are wanted in pve for the pbae and in pvp
Mentalist are expected to primarly demezz people in the group and assist the enchanter, they are the main dps of hibernia. I think they are easier to play then the other two, wanted in PvE for HoT and PoM, wanted in RvR for their cure mezz and their dps.

Honestly, I would suggest Mentalist
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics