Ranger damage spreadsheet

Started 31 Mar 2020
by poulton89
in Hibernia
So, I was curious about how much spec was impacting ranger damage in specific areas and how much damage path finding was adding on, over raw speccing elsewhere, especially as combined forces is a thing.

I spent the morning crunching a lot of numbers across varied specs and dropping them all into a spreadsheet to help visualize how this all looks, might be helpful to a few of you, so i thought i might as well share it =)

Trying to give differences like 'unbuffed, self buffed, combined forces only & combined forces & path finding' as well as accounting for swing chance on CD to get an 'average' per swing damage.

Feel free to pipe up if you see any issues, and i'll get it adjusted ( as long as it doesn't require a respec, as my 24 hour's are now up).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h8LT7oRH09wwAqdKo3-pEFtH2mmxXPQpwjoW1ey-d0c/edit?usp=sharing
Tue 31 Mar 2020 1:58 PM by Freedomcall
Great work.
btw offhand swing chance on phoenix is 25+(0.86*composite CD) %. And there is no cap.
Tue 31 Mar 2020 2:12 PM by poulton89
Awesome,
Freedomcall wrote: Great work.
btw offhand swing chance on phoenix is 25+(0.86*composite CD) %. And there is no cap.

Awesome, I was expecting there to be some variance, so I've updated that across the board. Cheers.
Tue 31 Mar 2020 2:47 PM by Ylai
Good work, mate!

I got a few questions tho.
1. in "Bow max output" the first part "with only combined forces", you tried 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 Bow spec. Is that always +13 from items and RR?
(2. have you tried different PF specs too? I'd be interested in a variance of specs, like 50 pf / 12 bow, that some people use, vs 35 bow 40 PF etc. I think it would be interesting to see if the dmg add buff and extra dmg from the higher d/q buff would make up for the loss of base dmg that comes with a lower bow spec.)
3. wouldn't you think that instead of naming the variations "unbuffed, only cf" etc. sth like "unbuffed, xxx dex", "with cf, + xx" dex etc. ? that would give us the chance to get some info about the dmg increase per extra dex.
4. the only difference between the "Medium" and the "High Path Meele Lean" is the increase from 14 to 21 CD. did you just not use all specpoints on the "Medium" spec or did you mistype?

cheers

edit: I summarized the spec variations, all with CF + buffs, Bec imho that's the only values that you really care about:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1scNLLjIYYCNlOGIqSaNn-B864k0u1fJ5zFmFou2nRRY/edit?usp=sharing
Tue 31 Mar 2020 3:40 PM by poulton89
Ylai wrote:
Tue 31 Mar 2020 2:47 PM
Good work, mate!

I got a few questions tho.
1. in "Bow max output" the first part "with only combined forces", you tried 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 Bow spec. Is that always +13 from items and RR?

Yes it was, I've updated that to be more coherant.

Ylai wrote:
(2. have you tried different PF specs too? I'd be interested in a variance of specs, like 50 pf / 12 bow, that some people use, vs 35 bow 40 PF etc. I think it would be interesting to see if the dmg add buff and extra dmg from the higher d/q buff would make up for the loss of base dmg that comes with a lower bow spec.)

I generally noticed that it's good value for points to spec into PF, that damage add has quite a large impact across both specs, I'll do a low pf one later, where i think the buffs should be on par with CF.

Ylai wrote:
3. wouldn't you think that instead of naming the variations "unbuffed, only cf" etc. sth like "unbuffed, xxx dex", "with cf, + xx" dex etc. ? that would give us the chance to get some info about the dmg increase per extra dex.

Could do, i'll have a look into it =)

Ylai wrote:
4. the only difference between the "Medium" and the "High Path Meele Lean" is the increase from 14 to 21 CD. did you just not use all specpoints on the "Medium" spec or did you mistype?

Oopsie - i think the difference was stealth, one had 30 spec, other had 35.

Ylai wrote:
cheers

edit: I summarized the spec variations, all with CF + buffs, Bec imho that's the only values that you really care about:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1scNLLjIYYCNlOGIqSaNn-B864k0u1fJ5zFmFou2nRRY/edit?usp=sharing

Noice, I'll put that in.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics