Minstrel twisting...need tips.

Started 20 May 2019
by gotwqqd
in Albion
Looking to know the MINUTIAE twisting between holding pet charm and a song.
Mon 20 May 2019 7:02 PM by Valis
If you are doing it manually with no AHK Shift+Right Click name of Pet on the Pet command UI drag that to your quickbar slot of choice, put charm spell icon next to it, put speed song icon (or whatever song you want) next to charm.

Technique for twisting:

Find mob - hit Charm Song Icon > Click Speed Song Icon > Click Pet Icon > Click Charm Icon > Click Speed Song Icon ... loop for infinity when group stops can leave just Charm running while rebuffing etc. To give you a rest.

People also set these icons on their quick bars to keys on their keyboard with /qbind

I believe frequency of alternation between the songs required to keep them both active is dependant on instrument skill level and the quality of your equipped instrument - as these effect duration of the songs.

Can message me IG if you see me around on Valiz
But it's basically what I said here.

Regards,
Val
Mon 20 May 2019 8:17 PM by lurker
You can hold down charm button WHILST playing your song. BTW.
Song will still activate once it completes playing and then fade for the 11 seconds or so. (11 seconds with 100% instrument)

So:
(With pet selected its as simple as)
Press Speed, Hold Charm Button Down > Loop.

My AHK Script Does the following:
When Q is pressed down:: Equip Harp, Select Pet, Play Song. (this just runs once, when q is pressed)
Whilst Q is being held down:: Spams Charm

So I basically just press and hold Q once for 4 seconds every 8 seconds.
Tue 21 May 2019 7:59 AM by Lillebror
Smart!, Should be alot easier to hold high level pets that way.

didnt think about spamming the charm while key down
Wed 5 Jun 2019 8:20 PM by Keelia
I thought you couldn’t have any macroing that repeated a process. Like a pally can have 5 chants macroed to 1 button, but can not have a “toggle” where it’s constantly spamming his chants. The rules say no repeating or delays.

I’m sure a high number of minstrels are using macros that are against the rules. And I’ve for sure seen some pallies who’s chants are more than likely doing the same thing.
Thu 6 Jun 2019 8:22 AM by Hejjin
Keelia wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 8:20 PM
I thought you couldn’t have any macroing that repeated a process. Like a pally can have 5 chants macroed to 1 button, but can not have a “toggle” where it’s constantly spamming his chants. The rules say no repeating or delays.

I’m sure a high number of minstrels are using macros that are against the rules. And I’ve for sure seen some pallies who’s chants are more than likely doing the same thing.
There are paladin AHK scripts that conform to the ToS of Phoenix, they work either by repeatedly pressing the same key and having a variable increment by one or by turning of the mouse scroll wheel to increment the counter before checking the current value of that variable and launching a specific action, . A similar script could be devised, if one does not already exist, for Minstrels. I only have a low level Mincer, but I believe you only need to end your twisting on your charm song for the charm pulse to automatically continue, meaning there is no requirement to "spam charm".
Sat 8 Jun 2019 11:12 PM by Keelia
If the script repeats itself it’s against the rules.
Wed 4 Dec 2019 3:16 AM by gotwqqd
Hejjin wrote:
Thu 6 Jun 2019 8:22 AM
Keelia wrote:
Wed 5 Jun 2019 8:20 PM

There are paladin AHK scripts that conform to the ToS of Phoenix, they work either by repeatedly pressing the same key and having a variable increment by one or by turning of the mouse scroll wheel to increment the counter before checking the current value of that variable and launching a specific action, . A similar script could be devised, if one does not already exist, for Minstrels. I only have a low level Mincer, but I believe you only need to end your twisting on your charm song for the charm pulse to automatically continue, meaning there is no requirement to "spam charm".

I think holding down bypasses the pulsing
Therefore getting pet under control easier as there are more “charms” which need to be resisted

Minstrels correct me if I’m wrong about this, I’m leveling up a minstrel now and learning the nuances . Like after pet is charmed you don’t need instrument equipped for pulses to keep going...only need it for NEW song
Sat 14 Dec 2019 9:16 PM by gotwqqd
lurker wrote:
Mon 20 May 2019 8:17 PM
You can hold down charm button WHILST playing your song. BTW.
Song will still activate once it completes playing and then fade for the 11 seconds or so. (11 seconds with 100% instrument)

So:
(With pet selected its as simple as)
Press Speed, Hold Charm Button Down > Loop.

My AHK Script Does the following:
When Q is pressed down:: Equip Harp, Select Pet, Play Song. (this just runs once, when q is pressed)
Whilst Q is being held down:: Spams Charm

So I basically just press and hold Q once for 4 seconds every 8 seconds.
Is it hold down the charm button and press the song you want twisted? Or hold it down for four seconds....and what?
It seems like you are saying two different things/methods
Tue 28 Jan 2020 2:05 AM by linkmcfall
could anyone link their ahk script here for me please?
Tue 28 Jan 2020 9:19 PM by gromet12
Initial charm sends out 2 charm attempts on a pet, when twisting just watch for the resist of two in a row (uncommon once you have re unless running very high pet lvl). On classic Gareth and in the day on pellinor I ran around with deep purples just using this of charm on/off/on then w/e I wanted. This would send out 4 charm pulses in a burst as fast as I could press the button, and would hold 62+ mobs
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics