Caledonia be the new Thidranki, which was the new Emain Macha

Started 31 Mar 2020
by LocalIdiot
in RvR
Hail Phoenix. I've adjusted my helmet just enough to bring you the goodest of news.

Developers have long forgotten the Battlegrounds. It is up to us to keep things progressing. So I hereby do loudly declare that it be us who carry this dimly-lit torch forward to greater and greater and greater and greater and greater and greater action.

I proclaim that, yes children, Caldeonia be the new Thidranki. There is no doubt. Anyone who has spent time in Thidranki knows the action be the most packed, most available action this fermented game has ever seen. Aye. Thidranki truly was the new Emain Macha but Thidranki be too small, with too many limitations that our cherished Devlopers have ignored.

Aye. With Caledonia will come a much bigger map. With Caledonia will come the long-sought-after Combined Pots. Are there snakes in Caledonia? I do not know, for I am your most humble, most-unlearned idiot. I will find out. We will find out.

Children, I tell you there is pizza in Caledonia. Aye. There is pizza and soda pop. Forgo the Thidranki and enter Caledonia. If ye be one of them Albanians or a small hammers of Thor, I will gladly steal your lunch money with my baseline stun.

Your diapers just got even bigger. Join our Discord and make your mawmaw proud. Wash your hands before you visit her, in fact, call her instead. She will love ye none-the-less.

https://discord.gg/dHyu6EX
Tue 31 Mar 2020 9:15 AM by _Dax_
40+ Hibs, 30+ Albs, and 20+ Mids in Thidranki yesterday. BGs are here to stay, Numbers don't lie!
But we have for a very long time asked for some small change.. but absolutly got NO love from the devs!..
So we just take our passion a step up. and get the things we did not get in Thidranki in Caledonia. I have to say that tho, Its really sad to see the devs.. instead of harness the energy, they just ignore it. Imagine that you start a new server because of the devs on the other server did not listen and then do the exact same shiit..
Aye, anyhow

I just ran across the whole map in there and it have everything we have asked for in Thidranki. Its ridiculous

1. You can climb walls
2. No fucking snakes!
3. Minimal of mobs in the way in general.
4. NO RED PETS!! No more lvl 5+ mobs to charm.. YES a lvl 29 mobs are there to charm in Thidranki... (Someone smoked some really, really fucked up shiit when they put that shiit in, in the lowest fucking bg on this server, 70% of the classes on that lvl in this game can't take down that alone..) Orange one is semi-rare to find. (I did only see one)
5. We can use Combined Forces pots!!!

I will for sure find some more things to add , but as for now, it loooks very, very, very nice!! The transition has not started yet but it will soon.

Lvl: 30-43, RR cap: 4L0
Tue 31 Mar 2020 11:11 AM by Kabouik
Except for the buff potions argument, I'm all for it (see the other thread on battlegrounds). I don't want to replace Thidranki though, I just wish all battlegrounds were lively enough to make it worth porting there.

It's a shame that us, players, don't consider other battlegrounds worth our time and decide to either be babies crawling in Thidranki permanently or abandon all RVR intentions between 25 and 50. Let's just go there and share pizzas.

What are the battlegrounds and associated level ranges on Phoenix?
Tue 31 Mar 2020 10:18 PM by Kaiawin
I prefer Thid over all. In Caledonia, assassins are much stronger, (wtf 7 second stun), baseline stun longer, a.s.o. Higher lvl clearly give advantages to certain classes. As I play alb casters, it is no good deal. There has been tremendous action in Thid recently. Why changing it?
Wed 1 Apr 2020 5:34 AM by The Skies Asunder
In the last two weeks I have leveled 6 Albion toons (Only really played Ariandel the Sorc so far) to 24, and a new ranger for Hib... and farmed a ton of gear for them all. This makes me very sad lol. However, I always loved Molvik the most from Live, and Cathal Valley would be my ideal BG on Phoenix as well, so I am fine with this change overall, as it is in that direction. I look forward to seeing everyone in Caledonia! No more carrying 10 buff potions, rejoice!

P.S. Is there a date planned to start this change?
Wed 1 Apr 2020 10:28 AM by Nepharus
Hey guys,

To all that are interested in joining in on Caledonia - our planned date will be this Friday, April 3rd in anticipation of the weekend. Please advertise and encourage your realm-mates to join in. This will likely not replace -all- of the playerbase in Thidranki, however, we would like to change up the dynamic a bit. It may or may not stick long-term.

Any hibs who are interested in joining - send Fetisha , Littleidiot, or anyone in Thidiots guild.

Albs/Mids who would like to play point-person in leading this are encouraged to post here.

Looking forward to it,
Fri 3 Apr 2020 11:42 AM by flabeldu
Oh, sweet. Valewalkers are going to kick butt. 26 arb 29 scythe for the fresh PWN proc and 13 parry.
Sat 4 Apr 2020 2:06 AM by LocalIdiot
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Wed 1 Apr 2020 5:34 AM
P.S. Is there a date planned to start this change?

It has begun.

Today we have taken Caledonia and turned it into the most comfortable tree house. Aye, the trolls are no longer welcome but do not despair, ye have three bridges to crawl under.
Sat 4 Apr 2020 5:25 PM by Forlornhope
If you're looking for a new emain why not go to CV, it is literally old emain's map.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics