Re: OF switch

Honestly, the Devs may not like my opinion but I think the mere idea of suggesting a change was the death blow of this server. When this server launched, we were expecting a classic server which meant OF. Alot of us, had we known, it was going to be NF, would not have ever joined in the 1st place.

But IMO, the day they announced "hey we're thinking of switching to NF. What do you guys think", is the day they split the community. After this people threatening to quit on EITHER side of the choice. There was no going back after that...a losing proposition either way it turned out.

Kaziera wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:26 pm
Keelia wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:54 pm
Since the population is at an all time low maybe it’s time to switch back to OF. With the implementation of GvG the 8 mans can see each other and avoid the Zerg who will more than likely camp mike gates. This change might also bring some of the population back as a lot of people left because of NF.
No. Of sucks. Learn nf dynamics and Maps.

Pop is low because of wow and summer. Stop annoying ppls.
Learn to not be bad at OF.

See, I can make ignorant statements too.

Have fun waiting for people to come back. Spoiler alert; they won't.
50 Sorc
50 Armsman
50 Theurgist
50 Cabalist
50 Mercenary
-----------------------
50 Thane
-----------------------
50 Blademaster

2flare wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:45 pm
Honestly, the Devs may not like my opinion but I think the mere idea of suggesting a change was the death blow of this server. When this server launched, we were expecting a classic server which meant OF. Alot of us, had we known, it was going to be NF, would not have ever joined in the 1st place.

But IMO, the day they announced "hey we're thinking of switching to NF. What do you guys think", is the day they split the community. After this people threatening to quit on EITHER side of the choice. There was no going back after that...a losing proposition either way it turned out.
i think very few ppl really joined this server because of OF. most ppl just didnt want to play live anymore because of obvious reasons and therefore joined a freeshard to get "their game back". this shard had the downside of OF, which was thankfully changed to the much better NF, but didnt matter at the point of joining. the reason why we are not 3k players anymore is that its a normal procedure which has happened to all freeshards in the past and has nothing to do with NF. guys really... face it, your not going to get back the old fronier, which was only acceptable playable for very few players. im talking of set grps here, casuals solos and hibs were just fucked. i know you guys dont care, but thankfully nobody cares about you too ;D

I think it may be in the best interests of Phoenix GMs to find those accounts that are now long idle and perhaps send a friendly email asking why that person no longer plays on the server, then they can get a better idea of what went wrong or the reasons why people left.

I have a few theories though.. the biggest population drop happened in May shortly after the salvage loot nerf and the charges nerf. That was when the population dropped below 2000 and this was *before* the switch to NF.

However, so much has changed since then. The server was a completely different beast in February-March than it is now.
I don't think we'll ever get those people back, but it would be nice to know why they left.

Siouxsie wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:29 pm
I think it may be in the best interests of Phoenix GMs to find those accounts that are now long idle and perhaps send a friendly email asking why that person no longer plays on the server, then they can get a better idea of what went wrong or the reasons why people left.

I have a few theories though.. the biggest population drop happened in May shortly after the salvage loot nerf and the charges nerf. That was when the population dropped below 2000 and this was *before* the switch to NF.

However, so much has changed since then. The server was a completely different beast in February-March than it is now.
I don't think we'll ever get those people back, but it would be nice to know why they left.
How is everyone this naive? The server was 1-6months old then. Everyone loves a fresh start with that "new" release feel. But after awhile nostalgia wears off and the same thing gets stale. Actual new games are released and people move on. It doesn't matter the ruleset, the pop will always drop.

Is there a way that OF an be brought back but without an influence on the NF zones I.E. keeps and bonuses etc?

I joined recently as i still assumed OF was available and love it... but without OF the game does not appeal to me so much :(

Siouxsie wrote:

I left because :

1) NF
2) Salvage nerf
3) Moderna nerf.

Pretty much anything they could do to ruin the server! :D

Siouxsie wrote:

Maybe some of them left because you're always adding fights 24/7 and generally playing like garbage.

In reality, like Ardri said, people leave for various reason. The nostalgia wore off, certain patches, nerfs, their friends leave, boredom, they can't compete, RL gets in the way, certain RL seasons keep people outside more and most importantly IMHO.. there's nothing more to do or accomplish. This is why Live changed so much over the years. To keep things fresh and people's attention drawn in. No matter what people say.. nobody likes a stale server ruleset. If they did, Uthgard would be BOOMING. People like new things. They want to have something to do in-game other than the same old shit.

The Epic dungeons were fine for awhile. But they got old real fast. Now they are rarely done. HOH and DS are still fine for that quick run to grab some feathers, but nonetheless, boring.

I mainly love to RvR. 99% of my time is dedicated to the solo sneak game on my NS. I love it. BUT, I also get frustrated at the current state of RvR because of adders, getting zerged down and stealth groups. I also like to small man, but run into the same frustrations. SO, for me, I wish their was something else to occupy my time during these shitty RvR times (mainly EU prime). If people had other options of things to do, perhaps we wouldn't see people logging off when RvR is shit because they have nothing else to do.

Just my 2 cents.
Hwwaatt