Optimal Archery Damage table: Falcon's Eye, Aug Dex, Mastery of Archery

Started 5 Sep 2019
by amitchtx
in RvR
Has anyone done a damage table to determine the optimal DPS?

Aug Dex and MoA obvious increase archery speed. Does this follow the same cast speed calculator?

If so, then I DPS could be calculated. The interesting part is that, unlike in casting speed, dex also increases the damage done by the bow.

Thanks guys!
Thu 5 Sep 2019 4:13 PM by Azuell
amitchtx wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:41 PM
Has anyone done a damage table to determine the optimal DPS?

Aug Dex and MoA obvious increase archery speed. Does this follow the same cast speed calculator?

If so, then I DPS could be calculated. The interesting part is that, unlike in casting speed, dex also increases the damage done by the bow.

Thanks guys!

I thought quick increased bow speed, is that not the case on Phoenix? If dex increased damage and speed then full Aug dex would definitely be the way to go.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 7:35 PM by carlwinslow
Bow speed is quickness not dexterity, dexterity is just for damage. I would not go high aug dex, I tried it one time and it seemed like it wasn't really helping much. I personally would go a split of aug quick and MOA or high falcons eye and rest into bow speed ras.
Sun 8 Sep 2019 3:39 AM by amitchtx
Still, there doesn't seem to be any sort of archery speed calculator out there.
Sun 8 Sep 2019 4:28 AM by Makrist
Old school archery (before live's bastardization) was created to basically be a melee attack with an obvious range adjustment. One reason why SM pets intercept archery with the same frequency as melee. Bow delay and qui to include bonuses through RA are calculated with melee speed calculators. Just remember the calculation for crit shot and rapid fire have delay adjustments built in. Regular shot is your standard attack speed.
Sun 8 Sep 2019 9:34 AM by Cadebrennus
amitchtx wrote:
Sun 8 Sep 2019 3:39 AM

Just punch the numbers into whatever standard melee speed calculator that you use and you know is accurate. Just remember to remove things like Haste and only account for Quickness and you should be good to go.
Sun 8 Sep 2019 5:07 PM by Makrist
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 8 Sep 2019 9:34 AM
amitchtx wrote:

Just punch the numbers into whatever standard melee speed calculator that you use and you know is accurate. Just remember to remove things like Haste and only account for Quickness and you should be good to go.

You would remove haste unless accounting for RA bonuses, correct?
Sun 8 Sep 2019 5:44 PM by Cadebrennus
Makrist wrote:
Sun 8 Sep 2019 5:07 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 8 Sep 2019 9:34 AM
amitchtx wrote:

You would remove haste unless accounting for RA bonuses, correct?

Exactly. I put the RA bonuses in those "haste" slots and it always checks out.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 1:26 PM by Horus
More bang for your RA buck having a little of everything..esp if you are a pierce user as dex helps both your archery and melee.

But here, IMO, Falcon Eye rules..esp if you have volley and rapid fire (which unless you are going full melee build I think are must haves)

In order or importance
Falcon Eye
Aug Dex
MoA
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics