Re: To the shameful Celts trying to deprive our dear Arthur of his cherished of summer cottage

borodino1812 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:52 am
pollojack wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:24 pm
LocalIdiot wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:30 am
Disperse! Ye will find no success here for Thidranki truly be ruled by some of the most battle-hardened Albanians that have ever had the high pleasure of calling Arthur a friend. Bring your many mushrooms home to your tree houses or face the humilation, you vile bedswervers! Thidranki belongs to the King!
They are called Albonians. It is okay, I gather English isn't your first language.
Surely it must be Albionians?
Albionians doesn't have the correct flow from the mouth for English. I could believe this being German though.
Pollojack FuwaFuwaTime - SB Frostbiter WasterOfDays - Hunter Ttoll - Shaman
Bodyache - NS Lofticries - Ranger Heartsigh - Ani Shuck - Champ Repetition - Eld Asido - Chant
PurgeFTW - Necro Politicalgnome - Minst

Re: To the shameful Celts trying to deprive our dear Arthur of his cherished of summer cottage

pollojack wrote:
LocalIdiot wrote:
Disperse! Ye will find no success here for Thidranki truly be ruled by some of the most battle-hardened Albanians that have ever had the high pleasure of calling Arthur a friend. Bring your many mushrooms home to your tree houses or face the humilation, you vile bedswervers! Thidranki belongs to the King!
They are called Albonians. It is okay, I gather English isn't your first language.
This doesn't sound right but I don't know enough about Albion to dispute it.

I keep seeing him call them "Albanians" and that definitely doesn't seem right. I was thinking it could be Albionians (alb-e-o-ne-en) but I honestly have no idea.

**Edit** I see someone beat to me to it.

Azuell wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:07 am
pollojack wrote:
LocalIdiot wrote:
This doesn't sound right but I don't know enough about Albion to dispute it.

I keep seeing him call them "Albanians" and that definitely doesn't seem right. I was thinking it could be Albionians (alb-e-o-ne-en) but I honestly have no idea.

**Edit** I see someone beat to me to it.
Apparantly the Romans used the term Albiones. I guess we should just stick with 'albs'. Somehow I can't see Julius Caesar yell 'Here comes the AlbionesZerg!'

Ryanimal wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 pm
Wait, we're not the Albonerans?

Nay, the tale now be well-withered with time and is hours long so I will not entertain the full story but will tell ye all the important bits since confusion be thick as swamp flies here.

It was the year 518 when our King mistakenly decreed that his people be known as the Albanians after being given an incorrect map. This same year he acquired the island of Thidranki and in two years time the half ogres had built the cottage we now own today. It is no mistake or coincidence that the map of Thidranki be broken too. Now far too much time has passed and the name stuck.

Long live the junior Albanians, the rightful owners of Thidranki! For all