A suggestion on how to additionally motivate realm balance

Started 7 Feb 2020
by Tylaric
in Tavern
1st of all, I love the current incentives of XP/Coin, Feathers, and RP to address population imbalance.

My only suggestion to this would be to add a ROG Utility Multiplier. Under pop realms could farm out higher utility ROG's which would make the under populated realm more attractive.

Cheers,

Ty
Fri 7 Feb 2020 8:28 AM by Tritri
First of all : this is the tavern, not the suggestion subforum

Second : the bonuses shifts in real time, which means that if you an underpopulation bonus, it's because you have less people on the server, realistically you also have less people in rvr, and the issue with underpopulation is the number in a the zf zone (we do'nt really care about having less people in pve than the other realms)

So you want to incentivize people to leave the RvR zone to get better RoG when there are already not enough people in RvR to fix the issue with the lack of people in RvR

I do not think this is going to work

Also, most people Don't really care about the RoGs since they are already temped

I think this is a bad idea
Fri 7 Feb 2020 10:17 AM by Lollie
Tritri wrote:
Fri 7 Feb 2020 8:28 AM
First of all : this is the tavern, not the suggestion subforum

Second : the bonuses shifts in real time, which means that if you an underpopulation bonus, it's because you have less people on the server, realistically you also have less people in rvr, and the issue with underpopulation is the number in a the zf zone (we do'nt really care about having less people in pve than the other realms)

So you want to incentivize people to leave the RvR zone to get better RoG when there are already not enough people in RvR to fix the issue with the lack of people in RvR

I do not think this is going to work

Also, most people Don't really care about the RoGs since they are already temped

I think this is a bad idea

If most people already have temps then it wouldn't really affect rvr population as they dont need to jump back into pve to get the rogs, it would however affect the up and coming people who need to get thier templates done and therefore surely get them into rvr a bit quicker?
Fri 7 Feb 2020 10:27 AM by Tritri
The people that are trying to temp themselves are already on the realm, so they will eventually reach rvr

the problem is to make people from the high population want to go to the lower pop realm
Fri 7 Feb 2020 1:56 PM by bigne88
Maybe feather bonus? Claw bonus? Higer xp bonus?
Hard to balance and it wont give to the lowpop realm more content creators. Imho Population drops, from a realm to advantage of another one, when content (bg/raids/pugs/xp party) creators are lacking, missing, taking a hiatus or switched realm.
Fri 7 Feb 2020 3:00 PM by Cadebrennus
Tritri wrote:
Fri 7 Feb 2020 10:27 AM
The people that are trying to temp themselves are already on the realm, so they will eventually reach rvr

the problem is to make people from the high population want to go to the lower pop realm

Make it like this: all realms except the highest population one get feathers from killing other players. If you're in a high pop realm you can still get RPs but not feathers.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics