Please consider increasing return on salvage at least somewhat... (4.6% profit over vendoring items)

Started 20 Jan 2019
by Grunklestank
in Suggestions
First of all, I knew up front that salvage was nerfed on this server, but I was also told that it was still profitable - just not AS profitable as it was in 1.65 or other shards.
Also, I understand that the great ROG system on Phoenix is why the staff felt the need to nerf salvage returns. I get that and I don't have a problem with it at all.

However, after actually salvaging lvl 51 ROG drops tonight, I did comparisons, crunched the numbers, and came to realize that I am getting a paltry 4.6% profit over what I would have gotten from just vendoring the same item(s).

Is there any way the staff might consider raising returns some? Let's be honest... 4.6% more cash over vendoring the item is absolutely useless, and virtually eliminates any use of salvagers. I am NOT asking for a major buff, but people who desire to put in the time and effort to level a salvager should be rewarded more than +4.6% increase over straight selling to an NPC.
Sun 20 Jan 2019 10:06 AM by Ceen
ROG drops are not worth salvaging since they drop a lot.
Normal drops do salvage for a good amount.
Sun 20 Jan 2019 10:19 AM by Grunklestank
Ceen wrote:
Sun 20 Jan 2019 10:06 AM
Normal drops do salvage for a good amount.

What are "normal drops" then, and where can I farm them? Would this be like the chain set stuff that pygmies drop in Alb, for example? I wasn't sure if these types of items still dropped on Phoenix since there are no OTDs (I know it's not the same thing, but still...)
Sun 20 Jan 2019 1:55 PM by Bradekes
Grunklestank wrote:
Sun 20 Jan 2019 10:19 AM
What are "normal drops" then, and where can I farm them? Would this be like the chain set stuff that pygmies drop in Alb, for example? I wasn't sure if these types of items still dropped on Phoenix since there are no OTDs (I know it's not the same thing, but still...)

Normal drops are drops that are part of a mobs loot table. I am not sure if all mobs have a built loot table on here, but, for example, Gem Clickers in Coruscating Mines on Hibernia used to drop a sword worth a good chunk if salvaged.
Sun 20 Jan 2019 1:57 PM by gruenesschaf
all level 51 rog armor / weapons should yield around 5g if you sell it and in case of metal rogs yield 3 arcanite when salvaged which should trinket to around 15g with the other materials having a similar raw salvage value (although cloth needs the threads still to trinket) etc.

Not sure where you get the 4.6% from, if that really is the case for something then that's not intended.
Mon 21 Jan 2019 3:14 AM by Grunklestank
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sun 20 Jan 2019 1:57 PM
all level 51 rog armor / weapons should yield around 5g if you sell it and in case of metal rogs yield 3 arcanite when salvaged which should trinket to around 15g with the other materials having a similar raw salvage value (although cloth needs the threads still to trinket) etc.

Not sure where you get the 4.6% from, if that really is the case for something then that's not intended.

Thanks a lot for your reply Gruenes. I salvaged 2 whole backpacks full of ROG gear last night, and almost every single piece of armor was lvl 51. I could not get a single piece to yield more than 2 Arc bars - even the chest pieces. My metalworking is over 1000.

This "2 bar limit" is where I got the +4.6% return over vendoring the items (this is pre-trinket value, sorry, should've made that clear). Nevertheless, is there any way you could check the code on the 3 bar yield like you mentioned above? This was definitely not my experience.

:: EDIT :: Tested it again tonight... salvaged 3 full backpacks of lvl 51 ROGS - not a single item gave me more than 2 arc bars (including chest pieces and 2H weaps). Can this please be changed and increased to AT LEAST the 3 bar return that you said was supposed to be implemented?
Mon 21 Jan 2019 9:06 AM by defiasbandit
arent you supposed to trinket the stuff
Mon 21 Jan 2019 12:18 PM by gruenesschaf
Grunklestank wrote:
Mon 21 Jan 2019 3:14 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply Gruenes. I salvaged 2 whole backpacks full of ROG gear last night, and almost every single piece of armor was lvl 51. I could not get a single piece to yield more than 2 Arc bars - even the chest pieces. My metalworking is over 1000.

This "2 bar limit" is where I got the +4.6% return over vendoring the items (this is pre-trinket value, sorry, should've made that clear). Nevertheless, is there any way you could check the code on the 3 bar yield like you mentioned above? This was definitely not my experience.

:: EDIT :: Tested it again tonight... salvaged 3 full backpacks of lvl 51 ROGS - not a single item gave me more than 2 arc bars (including chest pieces and 2H weaps). Can this please be changed and increased to AT LEAST the 3 bar return that you said was supposed to be implemented?
Try 1100+ secondaries
Tue 22 Jan 2019 12:13 PM by Frigzy
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 21 Jan 2019 12:18 PM
Grunklestank wrote:
Mon 21 Jan 2019 3:14 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:
Try 1100+ secondaries

Normally it shouldn't be the case that you need over 1k secondaries to have max salvage value though?

Or is it intended here?
Wed 23 Jan 2019 10:44 PM by Grunklestank
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 21 Jan 2019 12:18 PM
Try 1100+ secondaries

Yep, worked. Getting 3 bars now. Thanks my man
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics