Remove red mobs in BGs

Started 20 Feb 2020
by Fribrand
in Suggestions
The Dev team removed ranged mobs in BGs because they caused imbalance by elevating pet classes.
That change has worked well and seems to have been the right call.

They need to go the next step and remove RED mobs.
There is only 1 class in the game that benefits from red mobs as pets and they are so OP in BGs.
Minstrel will be just fine with Orange pets and are still probably too OP because of their looooong mezz...
But, lets take this one step at a time and evaluate things after that.

BTW, I am currently rolling a Minstrel just in case they don't agree with me...
So... prepare for another full-twink/pot version of the most OP class in Thid... yah baby!!!
Thu 20 Feb 2020 10:09 PM by imweasel
Players still run around in bg's?

Huh. Learn something every day...
Fri 21 Feb 2020 3:13 AM by gotwqqd
IF they decided that this would be beneficial, wouldn’t it simply be better to lower mob level under charm? Or have level limit on charm in rvr?
High mobs are needed/wanted for farming/leveling
Fri 21 Feb 2020 7:08 AM by Nauglamir
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 21 Feb 2020 3:13 AM
IF they decided that this would be beneficial, wouldn’t it simply be better to lower mob level under charm? Or have level limit on charm in rvr?

For you, it would simply be better, i bet.
Fri 21 Feb 2020 9:09 AM by Forlornhope
gotwqqd wrote:

While I agree that no class should have the ability to charms red/purple mobs at any level changing that would effect more than thid. It's clear they're never going to change minstrel's charm mechanic, but removing the red mobs from thid is reasonable. There are maybe 5 classes who can solo a red mob in thid, and it would take them some time. There is no counter play fighting a class who can charm a red mob in thid who has blue speed and also can't be cc'd. It's a death sentence in almost every situation and only way around it is to be a stealther. Add in the fact that albs outnumber the other realms three to one on a slow day and it's just silly. Thid needs some tweaking for sure, but unfortunately I wouldn't hold my breath in them spending any sort of development time there
Fri 21 Feb 2020 9:11 AM by teiloh
Just give Minstrels BD or SM pets for a month, so you can really cry.
Fri 21 Feb 2020 9:41 AM by Fribrand
Just wanted to emphasize a few points after some discussions:

1. This would have ZERO impact on any game mechanics or the level 50 Frontier.
They are only going to change some mob levels in the BGs.
2. This would provide better balance among the overall classes AND realms.
Only a small nerf to the most powerful class in BGs on the most populous realm.
3. This should be really easy to implement.
All they need to do is lower the level of the affected mobs to drop them from red/orange to orange.

I play on all 3 realms and I can not see any reason why this shouldn't be implemented.
This is a small step that will make the BGs more fair and by default > more fun.
Fri 21 Feb 2020 10:30 AM by Sepplord
just playing devils advocat, but removing the red mobs from thidranki would set precedence that charming red mobs is a problem in RvR and bsaically officially confirm what many are saying about minstrels in general - so i wouldn't say it has no impact on other areas
Fri 21 Feb 2020 7:09 PM by Fribrand
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 21 Feb 2020 10:30 AM
just playing devils advocat, but removing the red mobs from thidranki would set precedence that charming red mobs is a problem in RvR and bsaically officially confirm what many are saying about minstrels in general - so i wouldn't say it has no impact on other areas

I think the scaling has more to do with that then anything...
A red pet at level 24 is more of an advantage than a red pet at 50.
Level 24 opponents have fewer abilities to cope with these.

If you want to argue that red pets should be eliminated at 50... go ahead.
I am just saying that red mobs should be removed from BGs... the same way that the ranged mobs were.
Tue 25 Feb 2020 11:26 AM by borodino1812
This would make sense in Thid, as it is the only BG being played at the moment.

The other BGs are basically rare zones for the odd solo PvE player.

This change would be beneficial for the balance in Thidranki.
Tue 25 Feb 2020 8:32 PM by Siouxsie
+1 vote from me
Sun 1 Mar 2020 3:50 PM by pollojack
gotwqqd wrote:

Should remove its lifedrain too if they lower lvl.
Sun 1 Mar 2020 3:52 PM by pollojack
Sepplord wrote:

Yeah, can't confirm what a new thread every week plus a 50ish page thread already say.
Mon 2 Mar 2020 7:38 AM by Sepplord
pollojack wrote:
Sun 1 Mar 2020 3:52 PM
Sepplord wrote:

Yeah, can't confirm what a new thread every week plus a 50ish page thread already say.
which is irrelevant to my comment, and has already resulted in a minstrel nerf due to a bugfix last week...
Sun 8 Mar 2020 12:38 PM by Siouxsie
They can easily do this.
All they have to do is go into the database of the mobs for Thidranki and make the mobs above lvl 24 'not charmable'.
Plenty of mobs in the world builder that appear to be charmable (like animals or insects you'd think the Hunter could charm), but those
mobs are not charmable (even though they should be)

It's a database flag .. probably in the row where the mob is.
Sun 8 Mar 2020 2:14 PM by joy
Over orange pet have always been an issue, and honestly shouldn't be charmable at all, not just in thid.

As for the most OP thing in thid there are several things if I'm honest.
We got the bd, the underhill companion, and worst of all 'buff potions'.

If you want to 'balance' thid, make buff potions not usable in the zone, it will help a lot more then just removing red pets, and it will have a better impact in thid compared to just target nerfing a single class you keep dying to.

Thidranki should be a 'fun' casual friendly playground.
It shouldn't be a place where people build ego's fighting bluecons in random drop gear with the most OP class they could find, who also happens to be fully buffed, and in the best possible gear available!
Sun 10 May 2020 10:39 PM by Fribrand
Bump.

I would still like to see this happen...
This does not seem like a big deal to implement.
Could the Dev's chime in on this?

I don't care to turn this into a nerf minstrels thread for NF or anything like that.
I just want a better / more equal / more fun battleground.

Low level alts do not have the abilities yet to deal with red pets that higher level alts do.
Even orange mobs are probably OP for Thid but better than what we got now.

No one goes into BGs to PVE red mobs.
Just remove red mobs or make them uncharmable in Thid like the Bears are.

Thx
Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:19 PM by Fribrand
Thx for some people supporting this suggestion.
Sat 27 Jun 2020 7:27 PM by Fribrand
I know that some people are using this thread to try and affect lvl 50 action.
I do not care about that at all. Repeat... at all.

What happens in Thid can stay in Thid with the mob change instead of character class changes.
Red mobs at level 24 are just too strong because most classes do not yet have all their abilities.

The Devs can make Thid better without affecting any other action in the slightest.
I do not understand why they have not already done this???
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics