Implement Cata Classes ?!

Started 19 Oct 2020
by yahomie
in Tavern
sup, is there a chance that the server goes a littlebit more to the old classic server means to implement cata classes without toa ?
Mon 19 Oct 2020 12:08 PM by Renork
Bro they can’t even implement style changes without getting destroyed by the 40-60 year old angry men, lol.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 12:55 PM by Kappu
I think you have to remember that most people play on this server because it's classic and that means they don't want the evolution to the new classes and TOA. If you want those things go play live. The fact is most classic freeshards are about making QOL changes and having events, but keeping the classic feel. I mean you couldn't balance a Vampiir on this server.

The Style Changes I think they jumped the gun and instead of adding a few side stuns, snares and QOL changes so all realms classes and style lines are viable, but instead they just dropped in a live patch of the styles which again goes against what people are looking for and the changes weren't minor they were fairly major. Wardens with that patch would have become absurd.

Just my 2 cents and why I play on this server.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 3:56 PM by Renork
Kappu wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 12:55 PM
I think you have to remember that most people play on this server because it's classic and that means they don't want the evolution to the new classes and TOA. If you want those things go play live. The fact is most classic freeshards are about making QOL changes and having events, but keeping the classic feel. I mean you couldn't balance a Vampiir on this server.

The Style Changes I think they jumped the gun and instead of adding a few side stuns, snares and QOL changes so all realms classes and style lines are viable, but instead they just dropped in a live patch of the styles which again goes against what people are looking for and the changes weren't minor they were fairly major. Wardens with that patch would have become absurd.

If you want a "pure" classic experience, why don't YOU go play Uthgard? The devs said from the start, even during Genesis, that they were going to adjust and add things. They never said they were going to be Uthgard 2.0. They are allowed to do whatever they please with this server because we are guests, not the owners, so perhaps learn your place? There's nothing more irritating than watching old men behave like entitled children.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 3:58 PM by Kwall0311
Do people not read? They are done making any changes to this server for the rest of time.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 3:59 PM by watbrif
Kappu wrote:

What's that exactly? I think that we can all agree that Phoenix has a very different feel to what we played back in 2002 (does anyone remember what it was like to run around your realm without a mini map?). And I think 90%+ of the people who play here don't want to go back to 2002. So, since the server doesn't really have a "classic feel" (and, again, I think that's a good thing for various reasons), there is no reason why the cata classes or TOA content couldn't be adapted for Phoenix (unless that's impossible from a tech perspective, that I don't know). But a) that's very much to ask from the Phoenix devs, who are, after all, not running this game for profit and b) the current community is toxic enough for the whole thing just to just blow up in everyone's face. Hence it's not worth the effort.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 9:09 PM by Expfighter
yahomie wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 11:47 AM
sup, is there a chance that the server goes a littlebit more to the old classic server means to implement cata classes without toa ?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
you should be permabanned for even bringing this BS subject up!
NO VAMPS, no F*&^Locks, no tics
Mon 19 Oct 2020 9:51 PM by easytoremember
watbrif wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 3:59 PM
What's that exactly? I think that we can all agree that Phoenix has a very different feel to what we played back in 2002 (does anyone remember what it was like to run around your realm without a mini map?).
Playing Uthgard for the few days with the maps
disabled was great. I've run around midgard and albion over and over between the various shards and still managed to get lost a few times. It was great

The lack of map makes the zones seem far larger than they are and back on live the placement of aggressive mobs coupled with the likely level you were exploring that area often kept you from running straight lines and away from blatant zone walls. Not having a map was a giant boon to immersion
Fri 23 Oct 2020 10:53 AM by Frug
Kappu wrote:
I think you have to remember that most people play on this server because it's ...

... free and has volume.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics