Rewards Gained by Killing Xpers

Started 27 May 2020
by Mefkur
in Tavern
Hello everyone,

I am kinda new in the server and have been suffering from many xper killers during my time. Even tho i like the danger sense during xping in NF or DF, i find it very much disturbing to see the /stats of these xper killers with lots of rps.

This guy was killing my lvl 23 toon and other 20s around for a while. he made 20 in 2 hrs by killing lvl 20s and participation reward.

https://imgur.com/a/q0cZrBt

I think it should not be so much rewarding to kill xpers. what do you think?
Wed 27 May 2020 1:54 PM by Ele
Hi,

the mentioned Player is a RR3 Skald and earned 12k task rp and 8k rp from killing players over a timespan of 2 hours. As you don't get rps from killing sub lvl 35 (aka grey) players, he must have killed players above that level too. I'm not sure if greys count towards deathblows/player kills that earned rp count, but he can't have just been killing lvl 20's for getting kill rps. Even if I agree that it is not really challenging to kill sub 50 players, the rps for this are already reduced and scale with the level of the player. In addition to that, task rewards - participation and bonus - offer diminishing returns with higher RR. While it is a nice boost for low RR's, killing xpers becomes less and less rewarding, and the ones who stick to it at higher ranks don't care for the reward at all. Reasons for still killing xpers might be things like realm pride, red is dead, trolling, having fun, drawing attention etc.
Summary: Being ganked is surely annoying, but I regard the the system - killing sub 35 players rewards nothing, sub 50 players reward reduced rps - as not in dire need of adjustment.
Wed 27 May 2020 3:06 PM by Uthred
Killing greys rewards you with nothing but "some reputation", but no rps nor do they count for any title/stats.
Thu 28 May 2020 12:36 PM by Luluko
Just ask for help in region chat, often thats a reason why they kill greys without giving them a break they just want some solo 50 to fight them. Sadly most of the time even that is too much to ask and 3+ come droping all their ra's.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 3:46 AM by Hawkaye
Uthred wrote:
Wed 27 May 2020 3:06 PM
Killing greys rewards you with nothing but "some reputation", but no rps nor do they count for any title/stats.
do they give rvr task credit ?
Wed 19 Aug 2020 4:44 AM by pollojack
6k rp/hr, yikes.

Hawkaye wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 3:46 AM
Uthred wrote:
Wed 27 May 2020 3:06 PM
do they give rvr task credit ?

No.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 7:06 AM by Sepplord
they do TRIGGER rvr-combat, aka taskparticipation
they don't increase the taskbonus though

but when you log in in DF and task tick comes in 1minute and you attack a grey you are eligible for the task-reward

killing tons of greys for huge task-ticks doesn't work though
Wed 19 Aug 2020 8:06 AM by Centenario
I was told that they increase the total pool to be distributed.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 1:15 PM by gotwqqd
The rvr tasks can amount to nowhere near those figures
The 30m task can be gotten max 5 times in 2 hours @1000rp
The 45m task 3 times
Wed 19 Aug 2020 1:22 PM by Ele
gotwqqd wrote: The rvr tasks can amount to nowhere near those figures
The 45m task 3 times

True for the participation tasks, but don't forget about the kill tasks. First level of kill players/kill players alone is easy to get, providing additional 2k rps. Lets top that of with a bit of bonus rps from the tasks, which can be quite high at low RR, and voila: 12k task rps achieved in about 2 hours.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 1:24 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 1:15 PM

If all he's doing is killing greys, sure, but with bonuses and a little luck you can cap 20k in 2 hours.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 9:47 PM by Noashakra
Ele wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 1:22 PM
gotwqqd wrote: The rvr tasks can amount to nowhere near those figures
The 45m task 3 times

True for the participation tasks, but don't forget about the kill tasks. First level of kill players/kill players alone is easy to get, providing additional 2k rps. Lets top that of with a bit of bonus rps from the tasks, which can be quite high at low RR, and voila: 12k task rps achieved in about 2 hours.

Greys don't trigger the kill task nor the solo kill task...
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:57 PM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 1:24 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 1:15 PM

If all he's doing is killing greys, sure, but with bonuses and a little luck you can cap 20k in 2 hours.
Understood, I was just trying to make the point that he was doing other things not just killing gray con and getting all them roam points even if the gray cans triggered the tasks
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics