Re: The elephant in the room.

Andryah wrote:
Wed 11 Dec 2019 1:27 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 10:27 PM
Riac wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 9:13 PM
im confused. why is hammer your only choice as a skald? just because the taunt requires little endo to use seems like a pretty weak answer. you dont need the backsnare that much. axe and sword are both pretty acceptable options, axe being the best imo. however, hammer allows you to blow up stealthers.

I completely agree
Hammer is overrated, I think axe is superior line Midgard

I generally always went 2H axe with my Skalds. Got to have an endurance buff though... but axe styles are great for a support class like a Skald if they are in a group. Solo though.... best to go with hammer in my experience.. particularly for leveling in PvE.

i assumed we were talking about axe from the get go and if youre in rvr without an endo pot, youre gonna have a bad time.
as far as the axe attacks consuming a lot of endo, make sure you dont leave sprint on full time if you are having endo problems in a fight. no reason to sprint while standing next to someone.
i spam doublefrost in fights, it uses a SHITLOAD of endo, and i have no problems but i have to turn sprint off when called for.

Riac wrote:
im confused. why is hammer your only choice as a skald? just because the taunt requires little endo to use seems like a pretty weak answer. you dont need the backsnare that much. axe and sword are both pretty acceptable options, axe being the best imo. however, hammer allows you to blow up stealthers.

It has been a while since I compared the weaponlines axe or sword would be the best choice for weapon proccs aswell (I think there was a str/con debuff once but not sure if thats still the case), but all the stuns are after block and not useable for a skald, positionals were crap and the endu usage was also crap, damage was also not better if you dont hit something with vulnerable armor and since we dont have endu4 pots and cant specc into lw2+ you use up a lot of endurance especially if you have to kite. The negatives outweight the damage typ and proccs by far if you solo. Its way easier to just avoid tanks. But like I said before my issues isnt especially skald since I still went to 7l6 with mine but I generally dont like to play the same class for too long or it gets boring, but soloing without speed of the hunt on a visible is just no fun.

Luluko wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 11:32 AM
Riac wrote:

It has been a while since I compared the weaponlines axe or sword would be the best choice for weapon proccs aswell (I think there was a str/con debuff once but not sure if thats still the case), but all the stuns are after block and not useable for a skald, positionals were crap and the endu usage was also crap, damage was also not better if you dont hit something with vulnerable armor and since we dont have endu4 pots and cant specc into lw2+ you use up a lot of endurance especially if you have to kite. The negatives outweight the damage typ and proccs by far if you solo. Its way easier to just avoid tanks. But like I said before my issues isnt especially skald since I still went to 7l6 with mine but I generally dont like to play the same class for too long or it gets boring, but soloing without speed of the hunt on a visible is just no fun.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there not dex/qui and str/con debuff player crafted charges? I seem to remember having one thrown onto a crafted shield, then realized that the range on it sucked so I ended up remaking it. If that's the case, might want to look into it and it may make the debate even more pointless. Making hammer just undoubtedly superior, throw 'em onto a piece like gloves or boots. Could be pretty nice on a skald.
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier

Forlornhope wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 12:59 PM
Luluko wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 11:32 AM
Riac wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there not dex/qui and str/con debuff player crafted charges? I seem to remember having one thrown onto a crafted shield, then realized that the range on it sucked so I ended up remaking it. If that's the case, might want to look into it and it may make the debate even more pointless. Making hammer just undoubtedly superior, throw 'em onto a piece like gloves or boots. Could be pretty nice on a skald.

I also had one on a shield but it wasnt really worth a use charge compared to a heal or buff charge.

buff charge? they pretty much got rid of those months ago. what buff charges are worth using in the game anymore?
still not seeing the problem with axe or sword. it takes a lot of endo while kiting??? you probably need to start toggling your sprint, id bet anything youre leaving it on while standing next to someone. if theyre sprinting away and youre forced to spam styles, thats also fine since you arent taking dmg and youre a skald, you wont be outrun.
this just seems like a whine fest while not knowing whats even going on. your first post states that you must go hammer and have no other choice, and now you havent compared the lines in quite some time? there is absolutely no problem with skald in terms of power lvl, tbh i cant believe you even made this post.

Riac wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 6:55 PM
buff charge? they pretty much got rid of those months ago. what buff charges are worth using in the game anymore?
still not seeing the problem with axe or sword. it takes a lot of endo while kiting??? you probably need to start toggling your sprint, id bet anything youre leaving it on while standing next to someone. if theyre sprinting away and youre forced to spam styles, thats also fine since you arent taking dmg and youre a skald, you wont be outrun.
this just seems like a whine fest while not knowing whats even going on. your first post states that you must go hammer and have no other choice, and now you havent compared the lines in quite some time? there is absolutely no problem with skald in terms of power lvl, tbh i cant believe you even made this post.

yeah maybe I am just too dumb to play solo skald vs tanks, doesnt change the fact tho that I rather dont spend my time on a class which needs to do a lot of extra effort just to be able to kill tanks. So I will wait for something like bp speed so that I can play reaver/champ or I just play another game I dont mind. I have played enough daoc in my time I dont have to play it forever.

Luluko wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 5:22 PM
Riac wrote:

yeah maybe I am just too dumb to play solo skald vs tanks, doesnt change the fact tho that I rather dont spend my time on a class which needs to do a lot of extra effort just to be able to kill tanks. So I will wait for something like bp speed so that I can play reaver/champ or I just play another game I dont mind. I have played enough daoc in my time I dont have to play it forever.

can i have your stuff?
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

Luluko wrote:
Riac wrote:

If I can’t have advantage over everyone else I’m taking my ball and going home.

gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 6:30 PM
Luluko wrote:
Riac wrote:

If I can’t have advantage over everyone else I’m taking my ball and going home.
well if you solo on a visible you need any advantage there is

Return to “Tavern”