Re: New Computer

Uthred wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 12:41 AM
Beckett answered it pretty understandable. If a machine was used for one account, it is tied to this account. You know what the "solution" to this is. Use a machine that has not been used for any Phoenix account before.

Because forcing people to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to buy a new computer is more reasonable than checking to make sure there's only been one account using a computer once they contact you and tell you they're swapping.
Grymneheals - 6L7 Healer | Grymnerune - 5L0 RM | Grymnezerk - 4L6 Zerk | Grymnestorm - 4L4 Thane | Grymne - 4L3 Skald
Grymnesham - 4L1 Sham | Grymnebone - 3L0 BD | Grymnepeel - 2L6 War | Grymnespirit - 2L5 SM | Grymneclaw - 2L3 Sav

Uthred wrote:
Beckett answered it pretty understandable. If a machine was used for one account, it is tied to this account. . Use a machine that has not been used for any Phoenix account before.

My account has been used in 4 different countries by at least 10 different computers but this is legit XD... might have been me or not ;p no one will know.

So no I don't understand what the "solution" to this is. Buying another computer?

Such a stupid rule XD

Regards.

It is really embarrassing, this persistence in answering the same thing over and over and still not catching a glimpse of thinking, maybe one day, of a solution.

I had my answer, thank you GM for all your efforts to seek solution, it is a real pleasure to exchange with you.

Uthred wrote:
Beckett answered it pretty understandable. If a machine was used for one account, it is tied to this account. You know what the "solution" to this is. Use a machine that has not been used for any Phoenix account before.

Which means having to pay up and buy a new one cause everyone can just buy a new pc at the drop of a hat? Come on you know that's not realistic to everyone. Luckily it is for me but I feel like you guys just aren't being very understanding to your player base on this one.

Bradekes wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 2:00 AM
Uthred wrote:

Which means having to pay up and buy a new one cause everyone can just buy a new pc at the drop of a hat? Come on you know that's not realistic to everyone. Luckily it is for me but I feel like you guys just aren't being very understanding to your player base on this one.

Swap video cards in machines and see what happens. 😀. Jk don’t but a unique hash based on hardware or something is probably how it’s done.
Edyp / Barbaz / Armoz / Ociz

dbeattie71 wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 2:51 AM
Swap video cards in machines and see what happens. 😀. Jk don’t but a unique hash based on hardware or something is probably how it’s done.

The real idea here is I planned on keeping up my donations because I do really enjoy playing here despite all my issues here in the forum.. I'll just not donate every month until I reach $1200 laptop that's useless for this server. That's about 80months I won't donate $15 a month. So about 6years and 8months of donations lost. Seems reasonable for their response here.

Even if you dont like the answer, the answer is still the same.

Neither trying to blackmail us (i dont donate if you dont change the rule) nor your friendly fuk you will make us change the rule.

Locked.
Building your world since 2017