Re: 2020-10-10 Saturday

Jerrian wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 6:51 PM
Freedomcall wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 1:53 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 1:03 PM
- physical attacks now have variance

I am curious about the reasoning of introducing melee variance.
This server has gone well with static melee damage, and I have actually never seen one complaining about it.
And all of a sudden, there was a survey, and the result didn't even show a big difference(50% vs 46%).
What made devs decide this change?
Did you guys think giving variance like the past will help melee groups?

It ´s always been Dark age of Castalot, as long as you not playing midgard. Nevertheless, cast damage should have variance too then, it ´s always been easier to nuke from afar then running as a tank in a casting bulk of mass destruction.

Casting dmg does have variance. Also, Mid casters are super strong, but most mids aren't big brained enough to play them.
Hwwaatt - NS RR11 Lone Enforcer
Hhwaat - Merc RR10

Azrael wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 5:43 PM
Why you do not wait until the survey is over until you do any changes. Whats with the options which are close like the side style arc? Do you want to wait until result switch to end the survey?
I can't give a shit about the opinion of reactionaries voting only after seeing the results weren't what they liked

thirian24 wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 6:52 PM
Casting dmg does have variance.

Only on un-specced baselines, unless they changed it and didn't post an announcement.

thirian24 wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 6:52 PM
Also, Mid casters are super strong, but most mids aren't big brained enough to play them.

Yep.
"An honest enemy is better than a false friend."

Playing scout, I got some trouble to see which type of arrow I should used on a new enemy with the variance.
Some mobs even have no bonus or malus on any type.

Can we have a base number on screen when we hit or something like that please?

For example:
"Damage modifier 2200(+200)" meaning base damage 2000 & +10% variance
or "Damage modifier 2200 (+10%)"
or "Damage modifier 2200 (2000)"
Eclaireuse, Scout, 46

I was under the impression that you wanted to collect information, not that these votes were a 50% referendum on these changes. I personally would have changed some of my votes for sure.

Also, the above comment is so key, it's now really hard to test any changes as I cant see how if affects damage at all because of the variance.

easytoremember wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 7:27 PM
Azrael wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 5:43 PM
Why you do not wait until the survey is over until you do any changes. Whats with the options which are close like the side style arc? Do you want to wait until result switch to end the survey?
I can't give a shit about the opinion of reactionaries voting only after seeing the results weren't what they liked
What?

Azrael wrote:
Sun 11 Oct 2020 5:44 AM
easytoremember wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 7:27 PM
What?

gruenesschaf wrote: Live updating results: https://forum.playphoenix.online/survey-results

While the vote is not yet closed, the participation has slowed down quite a bit and there hasn't been any real % change after the first day.

gruenesschaf wrote:
- critical damage has variance again

Did the crit-nerf get reverted?

considering the nerf was unintentional, and only applied because the crit-dmg normalisation resulted in too many "deadly spikes" it would make sense to roll that change back when the dmg variance is back

skipari wrote:
Sun 11 Oct 2020 6:12 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:
- critical damage has variance again

Did the crit damage against NPC got customized? I see several >50% crits during grind/dummy tests.

afaik on npcs 100% crits are possible
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

Return to “News”