Help with Realm Abilities!

Started 13 Mar 2021
by Tomthabom10
in RvR
Hello! Just getting back into Phoenix after awhile off. Thinking I might roll a tank (warrior or armsman probably)

How are the passive realm abilities for melees such as Aug Strength, MoP, MoArms and so on? Worth it at all?

Mostly leaning towards small man/solo bridge play. How’s the solo/small man scene lately?

Thanks!
Sat 13 Mar 2021 9:21 PM by stewbeedoo
MoArms is worth it to get swing speed as close as possible to 1.5.

MoPain was nerfed so I don't think many go higher than 3.

Aug STR is essential.

AOM, MoParry, MoBlock are very useful as well.
Sat 13 Mar 2021 9:59 PM by Tomthabom10
What’s the best way to test if you’ve maxed out swing speed?
Sat 13 Mar 2021 10:47 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Tomthabom10 wrote:
Sat 13 Mar 2021 9:59 PM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a6lsmib49RyXCYJePLAPZvOvNDV3pXU1pM3sZSizb-o/edit?usp=sharing

Make a copy of it on your own Google Drive and go to town.
Sat 13 Mar 2021 11:41 PM by stewbeedoo
Tomthabom10 wrote:
Sat 13 Mar 2021 9:59 PM

I use this: http://www.excidio.net/charplaner/
Select the Stats tab and you can enter your weapons speed, qui, etc on the right.
Sun 14 Mar 2021 6:03 PM by Tomthabom10
So I don’t think I’ll have trouble hitting swing cap (went kobold warrior, dunno why) but just out of curiosity, which is more impactful between aug quickness and mastery of arms for slower races (troll, firby, etc)?
Sun 14 Mar 2021 6:08 PM by Magesty
Honestly, suggesting aug strength as the essential RA for a potential solo character is... Not good advice.

Your RAs should be something like the following:

Small amount of aug quick/MoA to maximize 2h hits during slam if relevant - check the google sheet swing speed calc on these forums and make sure you aren't near a break point W/I your window of 9 sec minus shield swing. Don't stress getting swing speed "close as possible to 1.5". This is something you can worry about when you're much higher RR. It isn't relevant to the style of play you are looking at participating in at your current RR.

Purge 2-3
IP 2-3
MoParry 5
MoBlock 5

This is a baseline for low RRs, so you can adapt it to what you find yourself fighting most often (hint-- it will be assassins)

As a solo visible meaningful fights (as in, even fights you can actually win) will be few and far between. RAs like aug strength might be decent if you're in an 8 man and are swinging constantly with full support. Comparative value from these types of abilities are realized over longer durations. You don't benefit from this luxury as a soloer. Your active abilities will be far more impactful on the few meaningful fights you have every 15m. I've found Moparry and MoBlock to be invaluable for 1v1s, especially with the amount of heal procs/ablatives/heal charges you have access to. Reducing incoming damage is vital, and it serves to increase your output significantly as you will be more frequently using reactionaries.

*EDIT*
Depending on what type of small man you are trying to play in you might need a slightly different RA set up. I mostly duo and prefer using my solo set up for that, and I think I would do the same if I trio'd. Traditional group passives like det aren't that valuable relative to RSPs invested when you likely only have one support character and only find a few if any even fights per 15m. Most fights in a small man will be killing solos/duos until they overflow and roll you, fighting stealth groups, or getting chased by 8 mans. Very rarely will you have a fight that is even and when you do will want to have the maximum impact that active abilities offer.
Sun 14 Mar 2021 6:42 PM by stewbeedoo
Magesty wrote:
Sun 14 Mar 2021 6:08 PM
Honestly, suggesting aug strength as the essential RA for a potential solo character is... Not good advice.

Your RAs should be something like the following:

Small amount of aug quick/MoA to maximize 2h hits during slam if relevant - check the google sheet swing speed calc on these forums and make sure you aren't near a break point W/I your window of 9 sec minus shield swing. Don't stress getting swing speed "close as possible to 1.5". This is something you can worry about when you're much higher RR. It isn't relevant to the style of play you are looking at participating in at your current RR.

Purge 2-3
IP 2-3
MoParry 5
MoBlock 5

This is a baseline for low RRs, so you can adapt it to what you find yourself fighting most often (hint-- it will be assassins)

As a solo visible meaningful fights (as in, even fights you can actually win) will be few and far between. RAs like aug strength might be decent if you're in an 8 man and are swinging constantly with full support. Comparative value from these types of abilities are realized over longer durations. You don't benefit from this luxury as a soloer. Your active abilities will be far more impactful on the few meaningful fights you have every 15m. I've found Moparry and MoBlock to be invaluable for 1v1s, especially with the amount of heal procs/ablatives/heal charges you have access to. Reducing incoming damage is vital, and it serves to increase your output significantly as you will be more frequently using reactionaries.

*EDIT*
Depending on what type of small man you are trying to play in you might need a slightly different RA set up. I mostly duo and prefer using my solo set up for that, and I think I would do the same if I trio'd. Traditional group passives like det aren't that valuable relative to RSPs invested when you likely only have one support character and only find a few if any even fights per 15m. Most fights in a small man will be killing solos/duos until they overflow and roll you, fighting stealth groups, or getting chased by 8 mans. Very rarely will you have a fight that is even and when you do will want to have the maximum impact that active abilities offer.

You are mis-quoting me. I did not say Aug Str was "the essential" RA - I said it was "essential".

And the OP specifically asked about passive RA's - not active. I agree about purge and IP, but that was not the question.
Sun 14 Mar 2021 6:53 PM by Magesty
He asked how the passive RAs were, and explained the type of playstyle he was hoping to engage in.

By omission, you implied that aug str was the best passive for a solo. Aug str was described as essential and the others were noted as very useful or limited in how people spec them. You implied that aug str was the best option with your words even if that wasn't your intent.

I posted to explain that this was extremely bad advice even if the conversation is only about passive RAs, and as I participate in the same style of play I took the time to outline a basic RA set up for a solo visible while also touching on why that might be the case given the current state of the game.

You have the poor guy worried about maxing out swing speed on a low RR solo warrior ffs.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics