Re: Server has 0 respect

gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 10:13 PM
Respect/Honor in a video game...mind you, that is about killing enemies

What a joke

I play an old fantasy massive multyplayer online Role Play Game because it allouds me to immerge my self in a fantasy world with a nice epic background and mitology invented by our anchestors (norrens, celts, anglo saxons).
If you wanna collect frags and farm rating I suggest you counter strike, is addicting as well.

Tell me something: once you have zerged and leeched your way up to rank 11 or rank 12, what are you gonna do? Achivement complete? Reroll? Delete?
A mmorpg is about comunity and metagame, otherwise you are just playing a shitty old game.
Torondor ` Bard
Trm ' Valewalker

bigne88 wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 2:46 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 10:13 PM
Respect/Honor in a video game...mind you, that is about killing enemies

What a joke

I play an old fantasy massive multyplayer online Role Play Game because it allouds me to immerge my self in a fantasy world with a nice epic background and mitology invented by our anchestors (norrens, celts, anglo saxons).
If you wanna collect frags and farm rating I suggest you counter strike, is addicting as well.

Tell me something: once you have zerged and leeched your way up to rank 11 or rank 12, what are you gonna do? Achivement complete? Reroll? Delete?
A mmorpg is about comunity and metagame, otherwise you are just playing a shitty old game.

Aww, why’d you respond to this, but not answer my question? It was a genuine one.
Loola
1L2 Shadowblade

Comes to a game that's based open warfare between three realms, tries to impose arena/duelist playstyle that runs counter to the core game on everyone, then comes to forums to whine about "respect" when attempted imposed rules are ignored and people just play the game as it's meant to be played.

...Yup some things never change. A good portion of the 8vs8 and duelist crowd are the most toxic disrespectful players of DAoC, and always have been. Only cheaters are lower, and there's often been a lot of cross over, given the 8vs8 crowd have always been partial to their radar hacks.

Helwyr wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 7:48 PM
Comes to a game that's based open warfare between three realms, tries to impose arena/duelist playstyle that runs counter to the core game on everyone, then comes to forums to whine about "respect" when attempted imposed rules are ignored and people just play the game as it's meant to be played.

...Yup some things never change. A good portion of the 8vs8 and duelist crowd are the most toxic disrespectful players of DAoC, and always have been. Only cheaters are lower, and there's often been a lot of cross over, given the 8vs8 crowd have always been partial to their radar hacks.

Projection, projection everywhere
And stop putting people in one bag

Let’s just keep it simple, 8 men with one exception kill me all the time.
I add on their fights without a second thought or delay, the same way they kill me.
If they don’t like it, maybe GMs build a safe zone for them to be safe from me.

This is not hello kitty, this is DAOC.

Flup, hib

Messerjockel wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:06 AM
Let’s just keep it simple, 8 men with one exception kill me all the time.
I add on their fights without a second thought or delay, the same way they kill me.
If they don’t like it, maybe GMs build a safe zone for them to be safe from me.

This is not hello kitty, this is DAOC.

Flup, hib

ppl like you are cancer
its this behavior, the "others do the same" mentality

luckily there are at least some ppl that follow the golden rule, you should too. be a good human

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

Helwyr wrote:

lol
its the total opposite and radaring is only done by a very minority and these ppl do not belong to any fair fight community.

you guys seem to forget that there are actual human being playing a game to have fun and toxic red is dead players farming solos over and over again is just no fun.
i know its a classic chicken-egg-problem, who started first to be the asshole? doesnt matter! be better than the ass and follow the golden rule https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:39 AM
Helwyr wrote:

lol
its the total opposite and radaring is only done by a very minority and these ppl do not belong to any fair fight community.

you guys seem to forget that there are actual human being playing a game to have fun and toxic red is dead players farming solos over and over again is just no fun.
i know its a classic chicken-egg-problem, who started first to be the asshole? doesnt matter! be better than the ass and follow the golden rule https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule

Nobody likes to reply to me in these threads, but I’ll weigh in all the same.

I’m familiar with the golden rule, and I do treat people as id like to be treated. I don’t want people to run by and not try to kill me, under any circumstances. I think that makes for a pretty boring game. I imagine a world where everybody follows the rules you’d like to be in place, in regards to clean fights, and to be entirely honest, that doesn’t sound like a fun game at all. At that point, we may as well all just fight in separate instances. What makes this game great to me is that anything can happen at any time.

In the middle of a 1v1 between me and a hib stealther, maybe two albs jump in. Who know if they target me or the hib or both? Maybe after that, a fgm rolls the whole thing. The whole fun of it is you never know what’s going to happen!

If, the moment I started a fight, I knew I didn’t have to worry about any other enemies I see on the horizon and can just stop panning, that makes for a very dull and lifeless game, in my opinion.

Now, maybe you disagree! That’s fine. The difference between me and you is I’m not here making demands of your playstyle. I humbly ask you not to make demands of mine. I’m not an asshole or toxic because I attack at will. I’m simply playing the game in a style different from yours.
Loola
1L2 Shadowblade

Return to “RvR”