Re: @adding to soloers.

Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:33 PM
The hookpoints are solo + bottom of the food chain.

And Brainstorm is (from the stats) solo and not the bottom of the food chain. How many hours he plays per day is not important, like many others of the high-rr sneaks.

Yes it is. That's why PK did so many RPs, not because they were especially good, but because they played all day long.

Brainstorm is just playing more than anybody else this past week. I am not speaking about his skills (I never fought him).

By your own logic, someone doing 2krp/hour tasks included playing 12h a day would be above in the food chain of a guy doing 15krp in one hour. It makes absolutly no sense to use the rp/week as a reference.

Re: @adding to soloers.

LolaEbola wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:46 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:24 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:22 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 11:56 PM
As someone that likes to solo and do big zerg fights as my favorite two playstyles, reading these threads of how Mid doesn't have the numbers for BG's and never finding the fair fight for soloing makes me not want to continue playing (again). Still giving it a shot after a year+, but these aren't the most encouraging forum posts.

That's a point that all the "read is dead" don't get.
The solos are at the bottom of the food chain. When they leave, it's less rps for the small men, who then leave, leaving the 8 mans with less action etc etc...

And as I come back to this, I was about to beat a RR10 inf in a 1v1 until some scout behind finishes me off with a crit shot. Fantastic.

The scout did the right thing, in my opinion. I don’t think you should ever let your realmmate die when you have the power and are in the right place to help them.

losing 1on1 because the opponent was better than you is annoying for sure but deserved and part of the fun
losing 1on1 because some random added (mostly after you burned your actives) just painfull and no fun at all, it just makes ppl leave the game

adders killing solo action, killing 1/3 of the population, killing the server in the long run....
why dont adders just go where adding is appreciated? to the zergs! because they are toxic ppl who just want to bully others to compensate.
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

Re: @adding to soloers.

Noashakra wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 2:00 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:33 PM
The hookpoints are solo + bottom of the food chain.

And Brainstorm is (from the stats) solo and not the bottom of the food chain. How many hours he plays per day is not important, like many others of the high-rr sneaks.

Yes it is. That's why PK did so many RPs, not because they were especially good, but because they played all day long.

Brainstorm is just playing more than anybody else this past week. I am not speaking about his skills (I never fought him).

By your own logic, someone doing 2krp/hour tasks included playing 12h a day would be above in the food chain of a guy doing 15krp in one hour. It makes absolutly no sense to use the rp/week as a reference.

1. PK did so many RP`s because they farmed dumb Mids/Albs at Bleed/Beno and they were good in what they were doing. And meanwhile they would be already rr13+ ...even with half their playtime.

2. You said solo`s are at the bottom of the food chain, not me. Picking a viable class and having some time to play is ofc important, and thoose classes are far from being at the bottom of the food chain.

But this discussion is how old now? 19 years?

Re: @adding to soloers.

inoeth wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 2:57 PM
LolaEbola wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:46 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:24 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:22 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 11:56 PM
As someone that likes to solo and do big zerg fights as my favorite two playstyles, reading these threads of how Mid doesn't have the numbers for BG's and never finding the fair fight for soloing makes me not want to continue playing (again). Still giving it a shot after a year+, but these aren't the most encouraging forum posts.

That's a point that all the "read is dead" don't get.
The solos are at the bottom of the food chain. When they leave, it's less rps for the small men, who then leave, leaving the 8 mans with less action etc etc...

And as I come back to this, I was about to beat a RR10 inf in a 1v1 until some scout behind finishes me off with a crit shot. Fantastic.

The scout did the right thing, in my opinion. I don’t think you should ever let your realmmate die when you have the power and are in the right place to help them.

losing 1on1 because the opponent was better than you is annoying for sure but deserved and part of the fun
losing 1on1 because some random added (mostly after you burned your actives) just painfull and no fun at all, it just makes ppl leave the game

adders killing solo action, killing 1/3 of the population, killing the server in the long run....
why dont adders just go where adding is appreciated? to the zergs! because they are toxic ppl who just want to bully others to compensate.
Losing 1v1 to a enemy 10 RR above you is just painful and.....

Re: @adding to soloers.

We will never be able to reach some unity about adding / zerging / graykilling and so on, because obviously everyone sees it his own way.

So the only possible solution is: stick to the rules of the game. And, sadly for some, the main rule in Daoc is just simply "If it's red it's dead". It often appear in the loading screens too....


So I believe that no one is right or wrong here, if it is an etiquette issue or not, a fair game or not... the only thing that I know is that the game lets me kill (or at least try to kill... ) anything in a given area (FZ) that does not belong to my own realm. Reckoning this simple truth everyone can use it at his own pleasure. If you want to add add, if you want to steamroll solos with a zerg steamroll them, if you are RR12 and want to kill lvl 20 expers even if they give you nothing kill them, as long as all these happen in FZ.
That's Daoc, that's all.
Finrod Felagund - Healer
Finwe Herufund - Thane
Fingon Aldaron - Hunter
Loegen TheBloodyNine - Berserker
Valaraukar CrossOfHatred - Bonedancer


GM of Dark Templars - Midgard Italian Guild
"Guldkrona jag passar ej på. Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå"

Re: @adding to soloers.

Noashakra wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 9:37 AM
tommccartney wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 8:38 AM
What a Karen /facepalm
Stop strawmanning (or learn to read) people and it'll be fine.
Until then stfu. I was polite to you, but I am done because you keep doing the same disingenuous thing over and over again.

Sorry Karen, would you like to see the manager

When you step into the RvR zone expect to kill, and expect to die. It is the object of the game. You can only influence what happens in RvR with your skills and abilities, however, you can not control what other players do, you can not control what unfolds so stop trying to do so with posts on forums. No one is an ‘a-hole’, people are just playing the game.

People who play for long sustained periods of time are usually the ones who are most frustrated. Try taking a break every few days or play for less hours, and you might fight it enjoyable again, and not frustrating.

Re: @adding to soloers.

LedriTheThane wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 1:42 AM
LolaEbola wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:46 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:24 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:22 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 11:56 PM
As someone that likes to solo and do big zerg fights as my favorite two playstyles, reading these threads of how Mid doesn't have the numbers for BG's and never finding the fair fight for soloing makes me not want to continue playing (again). Still giving it a shot after a year+, but these aren't the most encouraging forum posts.

That's a point that all the "read is dead" don't get.
The solos are at the bottom of the food chain. When they leave, it's less rps for the small men, who then leave, leaving the 8 mans with less action etc etc...

And as I come back to this, I was about to beat a RR10 inf in a 1v1 until some scout behind finishes me off with a crit shot. Fantastic.

The scout did the right thing, in my opinion. I don’t think you should ever let your realmmate die when you have the power and are in the right place to help them.

And that's totally fine. It's RVR. I'm just probably gonna quit again tbh.

Happens to all of us... you must have known this before coming back to the game? You are also playing a vissie solo char so your life is going to be hard either way IMO.
Blindgaze rr7 sb
Zamara rr5 ns

Re: @adding to soloers.

Valaraukar wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 3:32 PM
We will never be able to reach some unity about adding / zerging / graykilling and so on, because obviously everyone sees it his own way.

So the only possible solution is: stick to the rules of the game. And, sadly for some, the main rule in Daoc is just simply "If it's red it's dead". It often appear in the loading screens too....


So I believe that no one is right or wrong here, if it is an etiquette issue or not, a fair game or not... the only thing that I know is that the game lets me kill (or at least try to kill... ) anything in a given area (FZ) that does not belong to my own realm. Reckoning this simple truth everyone can use it at his own pleasure. If you want to add add, if you want to steamroll solos with a zerg steamroll them, if you are RR12 and want to kill lvl 20 expers even if they give you nothing kill them, as long as all these happen in FZ.
That's Daoc, that's all.

Finally something we can agree on.

wrote: When you step into the RvR zone expect to kill, and expect to die. It is the object of the game. You can only influence what happens in RvR with your skills and abilities, however, you can not control what other players do, you can not control what unfolds so stop trying to do so with posts on forums. No one is an ‘a-hole’, people are just playing the game.

You are definitely stupid and you strawman me once again, misrepresenting what I said again and again. A Karen calling the other Karen is such a Karen thing 😂.

I replied to Loola who asked about why the people with the no add mentality think this way. Nowhere did I complained about adds, I just complained about last hitting the opponent. Nowhere did I try to make people change their playstyle.
Can't wait for you to misrepresent my position once again.

Re: @adding to soloers.

inoeth wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 2:57 PM
LolaEbola wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:46 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:24 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:22 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 11:56 PM
As someone that likes to solo and do big zerg fights as my favorite two playstyles, reading these threads of how Mid doesn't have the numbers for BG's and never finding the fair fight for soloing makes me not want to continue playing (again). Still giving it a shot after a year+, but these aren't the most encouraging forum posts.

That's a point that all the "read is dead" don't get.
The solos are at the bottom of the food chain. When they leave, it's less rps for the small men, who then leave, leaving the 8 mans with less action etc etc...

And as I come back to this, I was about to beat a RR10 inf in a 1v1 until some scout behind finishes me off with a crit shot. Fantastic.

The scout did the right thing, in my opinion. I don’t think you should ever let your realmmate die when you have the power and are in the right place to help them.
why dont adders just go where adding is appreciated? to the zergs! because they are toxic ppl who just want to bully others to compensate.

There is something like a *solo-zone* with a teleporter for solo-players.
These zones are empty, even if go there with my lil vl 40 runemaster nothing will happen.
Why don`t ppl that like to solo go there?

Not so much other stuff to gank in these zones like at bridges, docks or flags, mhm?

It`s up to the solo players to fill such an area with activity, the devs did their part already.

Re: @adding to soloers.

Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 6:13 PM
inoeth wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 2:57 PM
LolaEbola wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:46 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:24 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 16 Sep 2020 12:22 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 11:56 PM
As someone that likes to solo and do big zerg fights as my favorite two playstyles, reading these threads of how Mid doesn't have the numbers for BG's and never finding the fair fight for soloing makes me not want to continue playing (again). Still giving it a shot after a year+, but these aren't the most encouraging forum posts.

That's a point that all the "read is dead" don't get.
The solos are at the bottom of the food chain. When they leave, it's less rps for the small men, who then leave, leaving the 8 mans with less action etc etc...

And as I come back to this, I was about to beat a RR10 inf in a 1v1 until some scout behind finishes me off with a crit shot. Fantastic.

The scout did the right thing, in my opinion. I don’t think you should ever let your realmmate die when you have the power and are in the right place to help them.
why dont adders just go where adding is appreciated? to the zergs! because they are toxic ppl who just want to bully others to compensate.

There is something like a *solo-zone* with a teleporter for solo-players.
These zones are empty, even if go there with my lil vl 40 runemaster nothing will happen.
Why don`t ppl that like to solo go there?

Not so much other stuff to gank in these zones like at bridges, docks or flags, mhm?

It`s up to the solo players to fill such an area with activity, the devs did their part already.
The zone is closed... Since weeks.
And it becomes a champion/merc/BD/necro fest after a while anyway.

Return to “RvR”