Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

Why is this in the game again?

There needs to be an immunity timer to the application of the Scout shield style "Stop"

Fight goes like this:
1.) Start fight with Scout
2.) Not rooted, but 99 percent snared, which is a root by "Stop" anytime shield style
3.) PURGE - because I'm dumb and didn't realize there is a spammable hard cc in the game that doesn't give you an immunity timer - "Won't make that mistake again"
4.) I pull bow to shoot him as he runs, but Scout goes over a lip to be out of los
5.) Scout jump shoots with terrain to get a free shot
6.) I get up to Scout - ROOTED AGAIN - sorry not rooted 99 percent snared because no immunity timer
7.) Scout runs over lip to break los so I can't shoot him
8.) Scout jump shoots me
9.) Rinse and repeat because this is an exploitable game loop and there is no immunity to interrupt it

This is a SUPER EXPLOITATIVE gameplay and can be reproduced over and over again. It is not a fluke scenario. I know the DEVS accidentally added this to the game, so should I post this in the bug forums? There is no way this is in the game on purpose. There is plenty of other ways to help the class without introducing a mechanic without counterplay because of unlimited reapplication.

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

Ah, the weekly call for a scout nerf after dying to the perfect scenario for a scout to catch you in.

And even admitting you havent encountered this before and didnt know what to do/what it was. (its been out for 8 months now?)

The only class that warrants any gripe against it should be a berzerker maybe.

Foh

Kwall0311 wrote: Ah, the weekly call for a scout nerf after dying to the perfect scenario for a scout to catch you in.

And even admitting you havent encountered this before and didnt know what to do/what it was. (its been out for 8 months now?)

Foh

Don't know where in my post I implied I have only run into this once. Also, the worst way to form a sound argument is to attack the person on the opposite side of you rather than address the point being made. Nothing in your reply is for or against Scout having a spammable root with no immunity based on merit.

ughsmash wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 3:28 AM
Kwall0311 wrote: Ah, the weekly call for a scout nerf after dying to the perfect scenario for a scout to catch you in.

Foh

Don't know where in my post I implied I have only run into this once. Also, the worst way to form a sound argument is to attack the person on the opposite side of you than the point being made. Nothing in your reply is for or against Scout having a spammable root with no immunity based on merit, so lets crumple up your reply and throw it in the garbage.

"didnt realize there is a spammable hard cc in the game that doesn't give you an immunity timer" IE any melee snare. You just said it right there bro.

And ill give you a reason why its necessary. Ill bet 100p you take any scout vs an assasian and put them toe to toe, Scout 100% HP and assasian 30% HP. And the scout will lose. Ill even let you spec 50 shield 50 weapon MOBXXXX . Melee fight

Kwall0311 wrote:
ughsmash wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 3:28 AM

Foh

Don't know where in my post I implied I have only run into this once. Also, the worst way to form a sound argument is to attack the person on the opposite side of you than the point being made. Nothing in your reply is for or against Scout having a spammable root with no immunity based on merit, so lets crumple up your reply and throw it in the garbage.

"didnt realize there is a spammable hard cc in the game that doesn't give you an immunity timer" IE any melee snare. You just said it right there bro.

You are right, I will have to partially retract what I have said. Sorry.

The timeline of my example event of how Scouts can reproduce an exploitable behavior due to a hard cc without an immunity has happened many times. So by the time I have posted this, I have had the experience a lot.

The counterplay is not there.

Yes I can win the fight if I am on flat ground with no terrain in sight and they snare and I get the chance to shoot them as they run, but if you know the option exists to root forever and post up on terrain, then that is a reproducible game loop that is exploitable and I cannot see an argument around that point.

Because of the fundamental point I am making, there needs to be a change. Either immunity timer, or a different route to help Scouts. I do not want to gut the class, but you have to look at abilities from two sides: Is it fun to use and is it fun to play against

The answer to is it fun to use is obvious because it is a hard cc without immunity which offers a huge advantage.

Is it fun to play against?: Heck no. the more time you spend being unable to use your character the less fun you have. There are features in the game to prevent that. Immunity timers and purge, but they are completely negated by the fact this is the only spammable hard cc in the game and it is gross.

Slithic wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 5:12 AM
Why isn't there an immunity timer?

Because reasons. Some of the design decisions the team has made is absolutely bonkers.

This is one of them.

They are very good at quality of life improvements for the game.

Balance not so much.

They have their own ideas on daoc and damn logic or balance if it goes against their vision.

You get what you pay for.

I am totally for removing this from the game, and think at another way to up the scout.
But let's be fair, when a scout break the LoS to crit shot me, I am not going there straight, I stealth before with my NS
Don't get outplayed.

Noashakra wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 1:42 PM
I am totally for removing this from the game, and think at another way to up the scout.
But let's be fair, when a scout break the LoS to crit shot me, I am not going there straight, I stealth before with my NS
Don't get outplayed.

I agree with you on this.

The Scout still gets to queue up another Crit shot even if you stealth, so your option is to run away and heal or pursue and eat another Crit shot. There should be scenarios where they can do this, but not with no immunity timer to rinse and repeat forever.

Return to “RvR”