Can’t decide which stealth class

Started 1 Aug 2020
by Dioc
in RvR
Hi,

New to the game and trying to decide between Infiltrator, Nightshade, or Shadowblade. Is there a big difference between the 3 or are they are fairly balanced in 1v1? Is there a certain one that is better at lower realm ranks and higher realm ranks? Thanks for any answers.
Sat 1 Aug 2020 1:13 AM by daytonchambers
There are multiple opinions on this.

From what I have seen and read on this subject the Infiltrator gets a bit of an edge at lower realm ranks thanks to additional points usable for skills. Around realm rank 5-6 that advantage fades somewhat and it becomes a rather close race between the 3. Once you get into the higher realm ranks the Shadowblade pulls ahead slightly due to the class mechanics compared to the infiltrator or Nightshade. But that's a long road to reap the rewards of said advantage.

With a decent gear setup any one of them can beat either of the other two on any given day. What's more important is cool-down management as well as consumables and using the right abilities at the right time which will win the day more than any one particular class will. If one of the 3 sins had a notable advantage across the ranks than the devs would tweak it to correct the imbalance, which has indeed happened on this server to even out the odds.
Sat 1 Aug 2020 5:43 AM by Lokkjim
Nightshades might have it a little easier in terms of having a DD insta while SBs and infs have to carry a weapon with a DD charge. I think they also have more potential dot procs? Can't remember. Slash Nightshades have it nice as well, Alb is neutral while Midgard chain is resistant, but other 2 vulnerable. Midgard only has slash but they have good damage potential with the shadowzerk spec and left axe mechanics. Infiltrators get more spec points which allows for more varied specs and you can carry yourself easier at lower ranks. They are fairly balanced. In terms of Realm Rank from personal experience as an infiltrator, I can kill maybe 1 or 2 ranks higher (luck factor and charges play a part) in a straight-up fight with no stealth opener. Daytonchambers put it pretty well.
Sat 1 Aug 2020 5:56 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Play a visible class, stealthers will be the death of this server, don't contribute to that death.
Sat 1 Aug 2020 9:22 AM by Noashakra
All the stealth are really close to each other in term of power.
So you can't go wrong with any.
If you want to make a tier list in the stealth war :
Low rank: infiltrator > SB ≥ NS
High rank: SB › inf > NS
But again, the power difference is really small.

The NS has advantages to hunt classes like mages or archers with its instant DD and castable DD. It can also be used to kite tanks with the snare poison and garrot.
Sat 1 Aug 2020 7:34 PM by Lokkjim
One more thing, if you are truly new to the game I'd be careful starting with an assassin as your first character unless you are really committed. Building a top of the line template for an assassin can be pretty expensive. Most templates will be weaponless as assassins will switch out weapons to apply poisons and reapply as necessary. Just food for thought.
Sat 1 Aug 2020 8:42 PM by gotwqqd
Lokkjim wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 7:34 PM
One more thing, if you are truly new to the game I'd be careful starting with an assassin as your first character unless you are really committed. Building a top of the line template for an assassin can be pretty expensive. Most templates will be weaponless as assassins will switch out weapons to apply poisons and reapply as necessary. Just food for thought.
Not necessarily

If you don’t care about mixing different non player made procs it doesn’t need be weaponless
Sun 2 Aug 2020 5:31 AM by Adwaenyth
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 5:56 AM
Play a visible class, stealthers will be the death of this server, don't contribute to that death.

And how will stealthers be the death of this server?
Sun 2 Aug 2020 5:45 AM by gotwqqd
Adwaenyth wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 5:31 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

What will be the death of the server is all the pandering everyone requesting special attention for their play style
Sun 2 Aug 2020 6:57 AM by tommccartney
Adwaenyth wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

There’s too many.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 12:10 PM by Gildar
tommccartney wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 6:57 AM
Adwaenyth wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

There’s too many.

Agree 100%
Sun 2 Aug 2020 9:06 PM by Lokkjim
tommccartney wrote:
Adwaenyth wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

There’s too many.

I agree that there are probably too many archer stealthers (especially rangers), but there aren't too many assassin stealthers imo.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 7:31 AM by Sepplord
the main issue isn't he amount of them, but their playstyles
last friday i was smallmanning with my friends again and we randomly stumbled upon a few stealthers. They tried to get away but we hit one of them, and then had a fight against a FG of stealthers with 2minstrels. Up to RR10 too.
Was still a fun fight, and we killed 2or3 before dying. So not an issue for us when it happens

But if you think about it, it is a real problem when a fullgroup of stealthers don't even take a jump on a group of 4visibles and have to be forced into the fight

There really is no "fix" to that though...
Mon 3 Aug 2020 9:47 AM by tommccartney
Lokkjim wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 9:06 PM
tommccartney wrote:
Adwaenyth wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

There’s too many.

I agree that there are probably too many archer stealthers (especially rangers), but there aren't too many assassin stealthers imo.

Whilst I agree with that statement, I feel the server doesn’t need anymore assassins. We need more support classes etc, classes that actually bring something to the table in terms of maintaining a healthy server population.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 5:53 PM by Helwyr
tommccartney wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 9:47 AM
Whilst I agree with that statement, I feel the server doesn’t need anymore assassins. We need more support classes etc, classes that actually bring something to the table in terms of maintaining a healthy server population.

That's more a problem of the people that feel they need others to play a particular class archetype for them to enjoy the game and/or a problem with the nature of the game itself. Support classes are super powerful when grouped in DAoC, Healing, CC, and speed 6 are some of the most overpowered abilities in DAoC. So it's definitely not an issue of what's powerful and what's not. But a lot of people myself included do not enjoy the playstyle of full support, and will NEVER play those classes, because like just about everyone who plays this game and others like it I don't play to entertain others.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:43 PM by Adwaenyth
tommccartney wrote:

The problem of lacking support is about as old as MMORPGs and it is especially bad in DAoC.

What's making it worse is that you will likely need at least 3 support classes of which 2 are main healers for 8 ppl.

That means out of 12-14 classes you have 1 that needs to be played 2 times as often as any other class. Thus you will always lack main healers in DAoC RvR just because you need so many of them.

Stealthers or not has nothing to do with that, it's simply a numbers game. Even if all classes would be played the same amount that would still leave us lacking supporters.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 7:39 PM by protege
IMO NS's are the best all around assassin.
Tue 25 Aug 2020 2:19 PM by Sabatasso79
tommccartney wrote:
We need more support classes etc, classes that actually bring something to the table in terms of maintaining a healthy server population.

My experience;
First day; Made a mid healer. After 3 hours and asking for grp in LFG since level 5, nothing. Zip, nada.
Switched to Albion; Made a Cleric, was somewhat better with Smite. But after 3 hours, no response when asking for xp groups in LFG, I gave up.
Second day; Made a hunter...

So if you want support, then you better buckle up and help them level, because that isn't fun solo.
Tue 25 Aug 2020 3:13 PM by gotwqqd
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 7:31 AM
the main issue isn't he amount of them, but their playstyles
last friday i was smallmanning with my friends again and we randomly stumbled upon a few stealthers. They tried to get away but we hit one of them, and then had a fight against a FG of stealthers with 2minstrels. Up to RR10 too.
Was still a fun fight, and we killed 2or3 before dying. So not an issue for us when it happens

But if you think about it, it is a real problem when a fullgroup of stealthers don't even take a jump on a group of 4visibles and have to be forced into the fight

There really is no "fix" to that though...
This spot on

Would it really harm the stealth players if something limited their numbers while stealthed?
Maybe we need a few classes each realm with true sight.
Tue 25 Aug 2020 6:37 PM by Sabatasso79
So not only are you whining when they gang up on you, you whine when they want to avoid fights as well? Logic, please?
Tue 25 Aug 2020 6:58 PM by gotwqqd
Sabatasso79 wrote:
Tue 25 Aug 2020 6:37 PM
So not only are you whining when they gang up on you, you whine when they want to avoid fights as well? Logic, please?
Basic common sense eludes you
Tue 25 Aug 2020 7:10 PM by Ibs
To the ops question, I'd play infiltrator if i could do it all over again. Reasoning? Simple. I don't have to deal with albs constant garbage fg of stealth that has speed 6, instant stun, pet, flute mezz and ae mezz.
Tue 25 Aug 2020 7:26 PM by Sabatasso79
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 25 Aug 2020 6:58 PM
Sabatasso79 wrote:
Basic common sense eludes you

It does not, but if it makes your day to believe so... be my guest.
Wed 26 Aug 2020 8:06 AM by Gildar
Sabatasso79 wrote:
Tue 25 Aug 2020 2:19 PM
tommccartney wrote:
We need more support classes etc, classes that actually bring something to the table in terms of maintaining a healthy server population.

My experience;
First day; Made a mid healer. After 3 hours and asking for grp in LFG since level 5, nothing. Zip, nada.
Switched to Albion; Made a Cleric, was somewhat better with Smite. But after 3 hours, no response when asking for xp groups in LFG, I gave up.

So if you want support, then you better buckle up and help them level, because that isn't fun solo.

Try Hib ... you fine grp easy with a druid
Wed 26 Aug 2020 8:27 AM by Valaraukar
Sabatasso79 wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

My experience;

Just to clarify... when you play a Healer (but I bet it's true for any support class in any realm) you don't ask for group. You make the group Invite any class at your level, or a little higher, who's asking for group and in maybe in 15 minutes you'll have a FG running. When I started my shaman a group invited me from nowhere, I didn't have the time to even ask for group in chat yet, and I was about 20lvl lower than them (lvl distance does not count too much when below lvl 30 as it fills up pretty quickly) and in no time I was at lvl 35, giving task item at the docks (and being rolled by RR11 minsts ofc )
Wed 26 Aug 2020 12:27 PM by Gildar
Valaraukar wrote:
Wed 26 Aug 2020 8:27 AM
Sabatasso79 wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

My experience;

Just to clarify... when you play a Healer (but I bet it's true for any support class in any realm) you don't ask for group. You make the group Invite any class at your level, or a little higher, who's asking for group and in maybe in 15 minutes you'll have a FG running. When I started my shaman a group invited me from nowhere, I didn't have the time to even ask for group in chat yet, and I was about 20lvl lower than them (lvl distance does not count too much when below lvl 30 as it fills up pretty quickly) and in no time I was at lvl 35, giving task item at the docks (and being rolled by RR11 minsts ofc )

True. Many support starting a grp will full it fast.

My experience in Hib, with my warden : I ask in lfg for about 5 mins before getting an invite ... our druid get 3 invites after 30 sec spamming lfg
Thu 27 Aug 2020 7:28 AM by thirian24
Ibs wrote:
Tue 25 Aug 2020 7:10 PM
To the ops question, I'd play infiltrator if i could do it all over again. Reasoning? Simple. I don't have to deal with albs constant garbage fg of stealth that has speed 6, instant stun, pet, flute mezz and ae mezz.

This ^^^
Thu 27 Aug 2020 9:19 PM by Gildar
thirian24 wrote:
Thu 27 Aug 2020 7:28 AM
Ibs wrote:
Tue 25 Aug 2020 7:10 PM

This ^^^

Yeah !!!
Fri 28 Aug 2020 1:01 PM by Spiegal
Yup don't need to mess with minster is a blessing. Did that on Uthgard and was a cakewalk to duo.
Sat 29 Aug 2020 7:26 AM by gnefner
Sabatasso79 wrote:

He's whining that most stealth groups will ONLY hit lesser numbers/solos.. And avoid anything looking like an even fight. I mean, if a fg stealths runs from a 3-4 man visi group, they're worthles, there's nothing else to it.
Sat 29 Aug 2020 10:26 AM by boridi
gnefner wrote:
Sat 29 Aug 2020 7:26 AM
Sabatasso79 wrote:

He's whining that most stealth groups will ONLY hit lesser numbers/solos.. And avoid anything looking like an even fight. I mean, if a fg stealths runs from a 3-4 man visi group, they're worthles, there's nothing else to it.

As worthless as all the visible people using speed 6 and SOS to avoid fights.
Sat 29 Aug 2020 11:50 AM by Noashakra
boridi wrote:
Sat 29 Aug 2020 10:26 AM
gnefner wrote:
Sat 29 Aug 2020 7:26 AM
Sabatasso79 wrote:

As worthless as all the visible people using speed 6 and SOS to avoid fights.

It's the contest about who is the most pathetic?
I can confirm that stealth zergs/groups are at the bottom of the cowardice.
Some are 11L and can't even win vs a 4L in solo. I am not naming any one but it's not a mystery .
Sat 29 Aug 2020 4:09 PM by caelio
Dioc wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 12:49 AM
Hi,

New to the game and trying to decide between Infiltrator, Nightshade, or Shadowblade. Is there a big difference between the 3 or are they are fairly balanced in 1v1? Is there a certain one that is better at lower realm ranks and higher realm ranks? Thanks for any answers.

The game is not balanced on this version, nevertheless you can have fun

Nightshade is easy mode.
Infiltrator is good and u can play in stealth group with minstrel.
Shadowblade is the worst
Sat 29 Aug 2020 6:26 PM by thirian24
caelio wrote:
Sat 29 Aug 2020 4:09 PM
Dioc wrote:
Hi,

The game is not balanced on this version, nevertheless you can have fun

Nightshade is easy mode.
Shadowblade is the worst

This isnt true at all.

I have all 3 Assassins. IMO they are all equally balanced if you min/max, know how to actually play, proper spec, use proper style, when to use styles, proper weapon speeds, correct weapon procs and armor procs and proper RA loadout. Most people dont do this and thats why they struggle playing assassins against others who know what they are doing.
Sun 30 Aug 2020 9:47 AM by Noashakra
caelio wrote:
Dioc wrote:
Nightshade is easy mode.
Shadowblade is the worst

What are you on?
SB is arguably the best of the 3 at high rank...
Give ONE reason why the NS is easy mode. The only real dvantage is 5% bonus blade and the instant dd, and the side stun, it's worst on everything else...

Infiltratror can be 44CS 50DW at the 6L and can reach 50CS at higher rank, I have 44 CS and 36 CD, and I am 8L.
40 str 40 con is a huge difference vs the other races. The 100% off hand hit from the SB makes it easier to apply poisons especially after a purge.

Each time why the NS is better, NOBODY gave me good arguments. It's coming from people who played on live when remedy was OP...
Most infiltrators don't even play with the 2s stun and have no idea how OP it is. If you don't purge, you can stun again 2s in 10s and you will have a free 4s/6s stun that will not be purged over the time of the fight. If you purge, hello 6s stun and you most likely die...
Sun 30 Aug 2020 12:06 PM by caelio
Noashakra wrote:
caelio wrote:
Dioc wrote:
Nightshade is easy mode.
Shadowblade is the worst

What are you on?
SB is arguably the best of the 3 at high rank...
Give ONE reason why the NS is easy mode. The only real dvantage is 5% bonus blade and the instant dd, and the side stun, it's worst on everything else...

5% penalty too for SB against NS... you've never played SB.. It's nice that you come and give your opinion but you look like a big beginner to me.
Sun 30 Aug 2020 12:22 PM by Noashakra
LOL, speak with Naas, and he will tell you why he thinks the SB is the best.
15% difference in dmg (10% malus for the SB, not 5%, and 5% bonus for the NS), but the SB has much more HP to compensate (more con to start and better HP table), has 100% off hand hit chance so weapon proc much more often and has a 34% side asr style (much better than 2 hits a chain that sucks in term of dmg), on top of better starting stats. It's no big deal when most of your dmg are from LB and dot procs anyway...
You look like the begginer to me dude.
Sun 30 Aug 2020 1:37 PM by caelio
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 30 Aug 2020 12:22 PM

It's your daddy ?
Sun 30 Aug 2020 2:46 PM by Noashakra
caelio wrote:
Sun 30 Aug 2020 1:37 PM
Noashakra wrote:

It's your daddy ?

Says who ?
Am still waiting for arguments about why the NS is op... Nobody made a compelling one so far.

And you called me a noob and then told that the malus was 5%... this speaks volumes...

What's your SB name? I want a good laugh.
Sun 30 Aug 2020 4:03 PM by caelio
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 30 Aug 2020 2:46 PM
caelio wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

It's your daddy ?

Says who ?
Am still waiting for arguments about why the NS is op... Nobody made a compelling one so far.

And you called me a noob and then told that the malus was 5%... this speaks volumes...

LOL and u who are u ? Come back to me when you play a SB and
try to have your own opinion and not that of others.
Sun 30 Aug 2020 4:23 PM by Noashakra
caelio wrote:
Sun 30 Aug 2020 4:03 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 30 Aug 2020 2:46 PM
caelio wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

It's your daddy ?

Says who ?

LOL and u who are u ? Come back to me when you play a SB and
try to have your own opinion and not that of others.

My name is my pseudo, for both of my steal toons
I have my own opinion, don't worry. It's just than one of the three best SB of the serv has more value than a random with 50 solo kills.

Again I see no arguments on your side. Because you have none.
Sun 30 Aug 2020 4:51 PM by Lokkjim
For infs with the 2s stun I can see the benefit of it but at the same time, their thrust spec is likely low. So the damage would be minuscule compared to the evade chain from CS. I guess you could count out the 10 seconds every time but the defense bonus from hamstring is greater and so is the damage. Also, reapplying poisons if they do purge can get annoying.

I don't think the NS is OP, maybe easy-mode in terms of damage type selection and an insta DD built-in. I have stated that Nightshades get bonuses from melee and power relics but the power relic difference probably isn't that much. Left Axe has great damage in the shadowzerk spec, sure you might not have the evade chain of CS but you have greater consistent damage than any other assassin just doing garrote/AH and evade chains, plus SBs have the health to stay in the fight to where that consistent damage pays off.

Personally, I don't think assassins need to play the other assassins to have a good grasp of what they are capable of. Assassins probably solo the most, besides maybe minstrels and skalds and a 1v1 against another assassin can happen often. But I have played both an SB and an Infiltrator.

Overall, I don't think any assassin class has an advantage over the other. But alb probably has the roughest go of it, because yes they can have good fights against the other assassins but won't always have the right damage type for whatever realm. So an SB could likely win against a thrust inf where that thrust inf has a good chance against an NS, vice-versa for slash infs.
Sun 30 Aug 2020 5:44 PM by Noashakra
For me it's clear that SB>inf>NS
But it's very close, if the SB is a 9, the NS is a 8.7/8.6, I already said the same in another post.

But yeah saying NS is easy mode shows you have no idea bout balance in this game.
Sun 30 Aug 2020 6:02 PM by Lokkjim
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 30 Aug 2020 5:44 PM
But it's very close, if the SB is a 9, the NS is a 8.7/8.6, I already said the same in another post.

But yeah saying NS is easy mode shows you have no idea bout balance in this game.

I may have worded it incorrectly, but I don't think NS is easy-mode or OP. Only in terms of having an insta-DD and an easy damage type selection. But that doesn't make the class easy-mode overall, just makes those things easier to do.
Sun 30 Aug 2020 6:07 PM by Noashakra
Lokkjim wrote:
Sun 30 Aug 2020 6:02 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 30 Aug 2020 5:44 PM

I may have worded it incorrectly, but I don't think NS is easy-mode or OP. Only in terms of having an insta-DD and an easy damage type selection. But that doesn't make the class easy-mode overall, just makes those things easier to do.

No it wasn't for you but for the other guy above...
He is the one who made the statement.
Mon 31 Aug 2020 12:21 PM by Hypno
Basically

I want to be the best = Nightshade
I want to be really good and don't mind challenging gameplay = Infiltrator
I only really like to press 3 buttons and win mostly = Shadowblade
Tue 1 Sep 2020 10:38 PM by darkstar00
Dioc wrote:
Hi,

I can't speak for the higher ranks as i'm not there yet but the assassin classes are generally balanced... once you get to a certain RR it will be primarily decided off of skill plus some luck due to the randomness in evades, poison resists, etc.

I played an SB and now an NS. Just pick whatever realm interests you... level up a farm char first then fund your assassin.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 10:15 AM by Jiraishin
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 9:22 AM

The NS has advantages to hunt classes like mages or archers with its instant DD and castable DD. It can also be used to kite tanks with the snare poison and garrot.

Absolutely cant agree with that. NS elf bladespec is killing every SB. Damage tables dont lie.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 11:40 AM by thirian24
Jiraishin wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 10:15 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 9:22 AM

Absolutely cant agree with that. NS elf bladespec is killing every SB. Damage tables dont lie.

Well is doesn't help that Hib has all 6 relics currently.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 12:36 PM by Noashakra

Which damage table? because if you speak about that, the inf is on 18... You can reach 2100hp on a SB without RA.
The elf has 1800.
If 100% of your dmg would be done from the weapons, I would get it, but lifebane and triple dot don't care about that.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 1:30 PM by skipari
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 12:36 PM

Which damage table? because if you speak about that, the inf is on 18... You can reach 2100hp on a SB without RA.
The elf has 1800.
If 100% of your dmg would be done from the weapons, I would get it, but lifebane and triple dot don't care about that.

I assume he meant the Armor Resistance table (https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/armor-resist-tables)

SBs are afaik restricted to slash and therefore do 10% less weapon damage against Nightshades. An blade NS on the other side does 5% more damage against a SB by default through it.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 1:41 PM by Noashakra
skipari wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 1:30 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 12:36 PM

The elf has 1800.

I assume he meant the Armor Resistance table (https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/armor-resist-tables)

SBs are afaik restricted to slash and therefore do 10% less weapon damage against Nightshades. An blade NS on the other side does 5% more damage against a SB by default through it.

And the SB has at least 15% more hp.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 1:47 PM by skipari
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 1:41 PM
And the SB has at least 15% more hp.

True,
but I don't know the melee/magic damage distribution of those classes in detail, so I can't say if its balanced already with those two values.

But just looking at the relic situation and melee dps/hitpoints only there, I would assume its a pain in the A. as a sb right now
Wed 2 Sep 2020 2:31 PM by Noashakra
the SB is on the table 16 (like the ranger) the NS is on the 17 and inf is on the 18.
it's pretty close in term of DPS.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 3:02 PM by skipari
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 2:31 PM
the SB is on the table 16 (like the ranger) the NS is on the 17 and inf is on the 18.

source? Couldn't find something in the wiki/notes about a change there and life it seems all are on 18. (could be a patch 1.65 thing tho?).

But anyway, it just makes the SB situation slightly worse by some percent.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 3:14 PM by Bradekes
skipari wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 3:02 PM
Noashakra wrote:

source? Couldn't find something in the wiki/notes about a change there and life it seems all are on 18. (could be a patch 1.65 thing tho?).

But anyway, it just makes the SB situation slightly worse by some percent.

They're all on same damage table.. you'd know if they weren't SB everywhere would be complaining lol.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 3:17 PM by Cadebrennus
Noashakra wrote:

Where is this information? I'm pretty sure all Stealthers are on the same damage table. The only exception are the bows for the Archer classes.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 3:23 PM by Bradekes
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 3:17 PM
Noashakra wrote:

Where is this information? I'm pretty sure all Stealthers are on the same damage table. The only exception are the bows for the Archer classes.

Hunter are supposed to be on 19 not 18 though, pretty sure they are here as well.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 5:01 PM by gromet12
Noashakra wrote:

Those are for non-spec weapons (those get factors as well). I don't see many rangers/sb's using staff's though, however, it was once OP as they had a 331dd available to the ranger/ns in a /use item, those where the days

All sneaks/sins except the Hunter are on table 18 for all spec weapon options, non-spec weapons (staff) are all over the place for some unknown reason
Hunters are factor 19 for sword/spear

Archery is on factor 22 which is the non-hybrid melee dmg table, the only factor higher is the warrior which is 23.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 6:59 PM by DinoTriz
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 3:17 PM
Noashakra wrote:

All assassin classes (using their speccable weapon lines) are on Damage Table 18.

I'm not sure where he got that information...
Wed 2 Sep 2020 7:43 PM by Noashakra
Here but I was wrong, I didn't even think about checking for which weapons it was
https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Table
I was wrong
Wed 2 Sep 2020 9:04 PM by Saroi
There are still arguments going on about how weak SB is supposed to be and NS being OP? Lmao
Wed 2 Sep 2020 11:26 PM by Freedomcall
Hypno wrote:
Mon 31 Aug 2020 12:21 PM
Basically

I want to be the best = Nightshade
I want to be really good and don't mind challenging gameplay = Infiltrator
I only really like to press 3 buttons and win mostly = Shadowblade

I want perma relic bonus = Nightshade
I want to be easily supported by hidden buffs from theurgists/necros and pretend I am good = Infiltrator
I want to blame my class sucks whenever I lose and be easily supported by your fellows = Shadowblade
Wed 2 Sep 2020 11:59 PM by The Skies Asunder
Saroi wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 9:04 PM
There are still arguments going on about how weak SB is supposed to be and NS being OP? Lmao

I don't get it either. The things that made NS strong back in the day were the unique RAs, then later the RR5 being way better for 1v1 against other assassins. None of which are even available here. Giving blades an evade stun sort of helps on Phoenix, but honestly I don't even use it unless I am 100% sure the opponents purge is down. The damage tables are obviously skewed in the NS favor, but it just isn't enough to make them considered OP in any way.
Thu 3 Sep 2020 6:51 AM by Noashakra
Yes it's what I am saying. The NS has a 15% dmg advantage vs SB, and a dd but the sb has much better hp (at least 15%) and 30str more. And because the sins DPS is not 100% done by the weapons, but also with double or triple dots, this 15% weapon advantage doesn't even translate to a pure 15% in term of overall dps.

The infiltrator has is even better vs the NS.

Objectively, there is no argument to tell the NS is op compared to the rest of the sins. It's a legacy of the remedy era.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics