Re: sooooo Midgard is dying

Shamissa wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 3:23 PM
Smap and Pilz are Herorius from DAOC live they hit empty keeps all day just for pleasure.
Let them have it all imo , the way GM’s are favoring Hibernia, folks who came from Daoc live should go back at least they have free acct and dont have to deal with this crap over here. Plus the pop over there are increasing due to Phoenix banning so many folks without even reconsider a 2nd chance. And GM’s can be rude not listening anyways.

Good luck you all

Based on the Excidio herald data, Live population has been decreasing for a few months and is about where it was at around the time EC released. EU prime is still dominated by Herorius. NA prime is better in terms of BG play but that's all there is anymore. Zergs are 40+ players on Live and never get close to the 100+ we see here.

Regarding keep defense here....no one coordinates. Siege is the best tool to use against a larger zerg and I only see one or two catapults in a court yard NOT assisting. It's literally a game changer. Use the tools at your disposal please and stop expecting divine intervention to save you.

And again many posts here are missing the point... the balance of classes between realms.

For the very last time I'll try to explain (but it will be useless, I know). Playing Mid in BG is BORING. The best classes are MeleeDPS, with no AoE. SMs have been nerfed (remember the pet nerf?). BD have been twice nerfed (remember the pet nerf and the LT nerf?). RM is the only one that has a good chance in AoE (along with thanes), but if a RM spec AoE is quite useless in everything else (and.. it does not have a pet, does not have a baseline stun, it must choose to run pbt or speed, it has to face tons of pets against Albs and also Hibs, all things that make it anyway under par with Hibs casters).

The class balance is BROKEN right now in Phoenix. Especially regarding zerg fighting, this is the root cause, this is why Hibs have all the relics (absolutely not for the grand strategy of their BG leaders, they just do what must be done) and this is why people from both Mid and Alb are switching to Hib. Everything else is a mistification of reality meant to keep the current status quo, so Hib can keep farmin RPs against doors and against half-numbered enemy BGs.

And let me say... THIS is the real concern about Devs. I don't believe that they favoured Hib intentionally, at all, but their mistake is that the many changes in the last months have created this situation, and it won't be solved by a %bonus to Mid. You need to get back the fun of fighting other realms, especially in big fights, not the boring chain rell mechanism of target stun nuke nuke nuke, rinse and repeat with some hecking blue mushrooms rooting a lvl 50 full templated toon for 1 minute. This is insane, and THIS is why Hib is winning all the frontier now.
Finrod Felagund - Healer
Finwe Herufund - Thane
Fingon Aldaron - Hunter
Loegen TheBloodyNine - Berserker
Valaraukar Varulven - Bonedancer

GM of Dark Templars - Midgard Italian Guild
"Guldkrona jag passar ej på. Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå"

Valaraukar wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 4:15 PM
And again many posts here are missing the point... the balance of classes between realms.

For the very last time I'll try to explain (but it will be useless, I know). Playing Mid in BG is BORING. The best classes are MeleeDPS, with no AoE. SMs have been nerfed (remember the pet nerf?). BD have been twice nerfed (remember the pet nerf and the LT nerf?). RM is the only one that has a good chance in AoE (along with thanes), but if a RM spec AoE is quite useless in everything else (and.. it does not have a pet, does not have a baseline stun, it must choose to run pbt or speed, it has to face tons of pets against Albs and also Hibs, all things that make it anyway under par with Hibs casters).

The class balance is BROKEN right now in Phoenix. Especially regarding zerg fighting, this is the root cause, this is why Hibs have all the relics (absolutely not for the grand strategy of their BG leaders, they just do what must be done) and this is why people from both Mid and Alb are switching to Hib. Everything else is a mistification of reality meant to keep the current status quo, so Hib can keep farmin RPs against doors and against half-numbered enemy BGs.

And let me say... THIS is the real concern about Devs. I don't believe that they favoured Hib intentionally, at all, but their mistake is that the many changes in the last months have created this situation, and it won't be solved by a %bonus to Mid. You need to get back the fun of fighting other realms, especially in big fights, not the boring chain rell mechanism of target stun nuke nuke nuke, rinse and repeat with some hecking blue mushrooms rooting a lvl 50 full templated toon for 1 minute. This is insane, and THIS is why Hib is winning all the frontier now.

While I don't argue your pointsbecause there were a LOT of craptastic decisions made --- the BD started off with it's heal pets nerfed so it's been tripled nerfed at least....even so Mid can compete <with near numbers> but need to change group make ups to take full advantage of what Mid CAN do.

Shamissa wrote:
Smap and Pilz are Herorius from DAOC live they hit empty keeps all day just for pleasure.
Let them have it all imo , the way GM’s are favoring Hibernia, folks who came from Daoc live should go back at least they have free acct and dont have to deal with this crap over here. Plus the pop over there are increasing due to Phoenix banning so many folks without even reconsider a 2nd chance. And GM’s can be rude not listening anyways.

Good luck you all

we don't like to attack empty keeps.
but being the only thing to do since you like to do tasks or 8v8 instead of defending them we adapt

Uthred wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 10:57 PM
TsunamiSurprise wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 5:31 AM
At what point do Alb and Hib get beefed by the devs? Every time I check the numbers, the scales are hugely tipped (usually 25% alb, 25% hib, 50% mid for rps) for Mid.

It's not just the population. Due to no expansions (other than SI), mid has a clear advantage.

From this old thread --> https://forum.playphoenix.online/server/tavern/7142-every-time-i-check-the-stats-mid-is-on-top-of-the-world

Ceseuron wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 6:46 PM
Removing the incentive for Pilzpower to PVE his way to RR cap would be nice, but not likely to happen. It's obvious that the devs clearly favor Hibernia and the population shift currently underway on the server shows this.

Times are changing, but it is always the DEVs fault. So at least we are consistent.

On a serious note, it is really interesting to read this old thread and what players thought at that time why Midgard was dominating and the other realms werent.

Mid was dominating because of Population in RvR -- not gross pop numbers. The game starts when new based on what the GAME Objectives were --- that has changed, Population has changed --- it's like comparing Math with Astrology --- perhaps correlation but certainly not causation.

swap89 wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 5:54 PM
Shamissa wrote:

Good luck you all

we don't like to attack empty keeps.
but being the only thing to do since you like to do tasks or 8v8 instead of defending them we adapt

You do it because it feeds you free RP --- the more you take the less chance you have of EVER getting defenders -- so your logic is silly. If tasks fed you more w/o fighting you would do that. There is no point defending when you can't prevail and there is no reward for trying.

SM nerf and BD nerf make them unplayable in bg!!!
The SM wasn't even a nerf, it was a fix. They are still broken solo, like the BD... In group the BD is still really strong.

Should I laugh or cry when I read stupid stuff like this? Omg...

Stop zerging flags, it melted your brain.

The only gtae class is on the eld void, and nobody plays it. Amnesia nerf is a huge nerf for 8vs8. Animists got nerf after nerf. Should we cry too? Did hib stop playing?
And I forgot the crit nerf which impacted caster comp much more than tank comp, so alb and hib got a huge nerf.
Really geez...

Noashakra wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 7:05 PM
SM nerf and BD nerf make them unplayable in bg!!!
The SM wasn't even a nerf, it was a fix. They are still broken solo, like the BD... In group the BD is still really strong.

Should I laugh or cry when I read stupid stuff like this? Omg...

Stop zerging flags, it melted your brain.

The only gtae class is on the eld void, and nobody plays it. Amnesia nerf is a huge nerf for 8vs8. Animists got nerf after nerf. Should we cry too? Did hib stop playing?
And I forgot the crit nerf which impacted caster comp much more than tank comp, so alb and hib got a huge nerf.
Really geez...

first -- that fact that you think something is wrong pretty much guarantees it's accuracy;
Second --- every realm zergs flags at some point -- why you bring it up really demonstrates nothing;
third, for no one playing any gtaoe class in hibb there sure is a ton of it --- but perhaps your just making things up -- again....

Man, you are the only one with the Dark Templar GM who lie about mids zerging with 4fg sticked (of course the DT is in deny). There are always people zerging on the flag, but only mid did it to the next level AND are doing it when their ZF is on fire. Hib is not doing that.
Many mid already testified and confirmed it on this post or the other one. You are like trump in an interview, you have no argument and you ignore all the facts that go against your world view.
Come back to reality, it's still time.

Why put effort into a losing battle when you can get rps elsewhere.

Flag task PLUS empty keep taking is what's killing the game tbfh.

"Well you could take the 4fg and defend?"

What's the point? 36 against 100+ is not going to do much apart from die heroically I suppose.

Unless the 4 fg, which might be tank classes as its Mid after all, cant do a lot against the Hib caster lulz in a defence.

"Well mid should roll more casters"

I'm sorry, but people play what they enjoy playing. I enjoy my support personally, but if someone puts their heart and soul into a character, they should NOT be forced to play something different.

Hibs main pve class is also one of the best classes for keep take rvr(mana chanter). Heat debuff, heal pet, pbaoe etc.

I admit, I rolled a mana chanter on my break from Mid last year and enjoyed the pve side. Didnt feel right to rvr against my "home" so I came back to mid when I hit 50.

Return to “RvR”