Re: sooooo Midgard is dying

Gildar wrote:
Fri 7 Aug 2020 1:25 AM
This question i asked in the very first pages of this discussion still remains unanswered sry ... and was some month ago.
How can fit in that the ban of a guy that was only some day ago ???

You want an answer for something that you already should know if your chat isn`t closed the whole time and if you`re blind.

And this ban will have an effect in a short/mid term, at least if the mid-bg isn`t even able to reraid towers/keeps because there are no 2-4fg in the evening that cause some action in Alb/Hib or helping out the Mid-Bg, breaking ports etc. There is more unimportant stuff to do as getting frustrated about stupid rules (some, not all) in a 20 y old game.

Time for a break again

Gildar wrote:
Anyway Mid is certainly not dying for that reason.
Mid is dying because few ppl defend their homeland and because a great part of players go only flag ... too easy to see that.
Why in Hib 60% of 50 toons join BG and in Mid only 20% ???
This question i asked in the very first pages of this discussion still remains unanswered sry ... and was some month ago.

I can tell you my experience playing Midgard off and on since I joined this server a couple of months ago. It's pretty much what this guy said. I've played DAoC since beta, then not very regularly over the years, but I always tried to "role play" at least a little bit. (Mid/Perc for life!). What that translates to in this game is "realm loyalty", and with the near-death of role-playing in any form in these games, combined with the insanely-easy realm-hopping that Phoenix promotes, there is very little to no realm loyalty here at all.

When I log into my Hibs and Mids during NA prime time, and see essentially what Gildar is talking about, with a far greater percentage of Hibs in the RvR BG, it's pretty hard to stay loyal to Midgard. Midgard could be down every keep and on its last legs defending the relic gate and I still see Mid kill-spam in whatever the Task zone is. Sometimes there are more Mids running 8-man RP-farming squads in task zones than defending the realm or in the BG playing offense. I get it, this is just another PUBG map to most of you kids these days, and I've had to adjust my expectations (yes, I'm an old fart).

The other major turn-off from playing Midgard here was the first guild I joined, and the alliance it was in. Apparently, I joined during some drama which resulted in guilds dying and leaders bailing en masse. Also, after about week, it became clear to me that the main few leaders in my guild spent 12 hours per day on Hunters in Cruachan Gorge farming Hib XP'ers which, in my humble opinion, is incredibly lame. That guild is no more, and the other guilds in that alliance seem to have lost a lot of people (probably relic-hopping to Hib).

On the other hand, on my Hibs I've been in the RvR BGs for quite a while now and in the various Discords and other voice servers. A lot of the Hib leadership are serious jerks, to be blunt. If the main body of the Hib BG could hear the disrespectful trash that the BG "leaders" are talking - generally about newer people who might need a hand - they'd instantly re-roll to Alb or Mid. I won't even join a group with some of these members of the "leader" guild any more (hint: starts with "Smar…". While talking trash about nearly everybody else in the BG, these guys are the biggest whiner newbs about heals, assists, buffs, etc., etc.

As a long-time business owner/contractor, I have a rule that no bitching is allowed unless you have a solution. Well, I don't. There is no "role playing" any more, thus there is no "realm loyalty" any more. And the rules of this server make realm-hopping so easy/encouraged, that it's not even a player-solvable issue. I guess we just try to have as much fun we can in this still-fun game and enjoy our PUBG server.

Damn, even more testimonials which are going to be ignored by reality deniers.

Preach brothers.

And I don't care if someone is an I situation or not, if he is OG or not.

Rules are the same for everyone. I am glad the devs make no exceptions.

PlainsOil wrote:
Fri 7 Aug 2020 5:48 PM
On the other hand, on my Hibs I've been in the RvR BGs for quite a while now and in the various Discords and other voice servers. A lot of the Hib leadership are serious jerks, to be blunt. If the main body of the Hib BG could hear the disrespectful trash that the BG "leaders" are talking - generally about newer people who might need a hand - they'd instantly re-roll to Alb or Mid. I won't even join a group with some of these members of the "leader" guild any more (hint: starts with "Smar…". While talking trash about nearly everybody else in the BG, these guys are the biggest whiner newbs about heals, assists, buffs, etc., etc.

As a long-time business owner/contractor, I have a rule that no bitching is allowed unless you have a solution. Well, I don't. There is no "role playing" any more, thus there is no "realm loyalty" any more. And the rules of this server make realm-hopping so easy/encouraged, that it's not even a player-solvable issue. I guess we just try to have as much fun we can in this still-fun game and enjoy our PUBG server.

One of the things I really like about Mid here is that all of the BG leaders I've joined up with have been very cool, friendly people, except Gio who is no longer Mid anyway. I think part of that might be that the people who stick with Mid despite that realm performing poorly overall for months now are those who still like the sort of realm loyalty roleplay that you're referring to. Even if we're doing badly, those of us who are there and are trying are interested in making Mid feel like a community.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chassis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD

PlainsOil wrote:
Gildar wrote:
Mid is dying because few ppl defend their homeland and because a great part of players go only flag ... too easy to see that.

I can tell you my experience playing Midgard off and on since I joined this server a couple of months ago. It's pretty much what this guy said. I've played DAoC since beta, then not very regularly over the years, but I always tried to "role play" at least a little bit. (Mid/Perc for life!). What that translates to in this game is "realm loyalty", and with the near-death of role-playing in any form in these games, combined with the insanely-easy realm-hopping that Phoenix promotes, there is very little to no realm loyalty here at all.

When I log into my Hibs and Mids during NA prime time, and see essentially what Gildar is talking about, with a far greater percentage of Hibs in the RvR BG, it's pretty hard to stay loyal to Midgard. Midgard could be down every keep and on its last legs defending the relic gate and I still see Mid kill-spam in whatever the Task zone is. Sometimes there are more Mids running 8-man RP-farming squads in task zones than defending the realm or in the BG playing offense. I get it, this is just another PUBG map to most of you kids these days, and I've had to adjust my expectations (yes, I'm an old fart).

The other major turn-off from playing Midgard here was the first guild I joined, and the alliance it was in. Apparently, I joined during some drama which resulted in guilds dying and leaders bailing en masse. Also, after about week, it became clear to me that the main few leaders in my guild spent 12 hours per day on Hunters in Cruachan Gorge farming Hib XP'ers which, in my humble opinion, is incredibly lame. That guild is no more, and the other guilds in that alliance seem to have lost a lot of people (probably relic-hopping to Hib).

After reading this (and as an ex-Percival Midgard/Hel Maor player myself), I no longer have to post, lol. You nailed it - especially with how easily Phoenix made it to real hop, even with the 4 hour pvp timer, it's still just too easy to have zero realm loyalty. But, I'm hard core and believe you should have to pick 1 realm period, lol. Imagine that.

Damn shame you aren't on Midgard. I can't soil myself playing Hib, it's just so swollen and overrun and the elitist nonsense vs melee, the overall clique club that Hib is on this server just leaves a bad taste.

Such valid points you made.... if there were more players like you we'd have the old Percival/Guinevere/Nimue community back.
Percival (Midgard) Komaf
Guinevere (Hibernia) Bardeleng

My Alb noobs (I work full time, have a family and go to grad school...):

Comaf Cleric
Vauz Necro
Gawaine Merc
Gawain Friar
Scotland Minstrel
Komaf Theurgist

Oh look, Hibernia has DF. Again.

PlainsOil wrote:
Gildar wrote:

/clap ...

Agree 100% on all

For realm hopping ... I open a thread "Real timer" in suggestion per of this forum.
Anyone agree on set a longer timer like my post pls ... maybe GM hear out cries:p

Azrael wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 2:43 AM
Koros wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 2:22 AM
Azrael wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 2:15 AM
mattymc wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 1:49 AM
Lack of leadership is a fraudulent excuse...people step up and lead all the time, it's simply easier to run to where the relics/FOTM Class/es are, population is, etc.....I see people on all realms yelling the same crap at BG's and their leaders, no more nor less on mid. People go to the path of least resistance; that isn't MID.

rofl what? So if it's not about leadership, does relics change the realm magically?

They literally told you why. Are you ignoring what they said for a reason?

Lack of FOTM classes, harder time to level/make gold, lack of population atm... like he already told you, people who game tend to be the type of person to go where they have it easiest.. right now that isn't on Mid. Sure there are people around, like me and my buddy, who would prefer to play on the underpopulated realm but that is the rare people, most want the easy life which I understand, after work, school, or life, sometimes people just want to relax.

Sure, a lot of people want to go the easy route but with that logic the realm who gets the relic first after a server start should never ever lose them because it is the winner realm?!?
Only what I can understand it that it is more difficult to get easy money (dunno about DS) but should not matter at all on this server settings. Every realm has fotm classes so that makes also no sense to me. Also there is no difference in terms of leveling, so no, I do not see your point.

Exactly, people are looking at the results not the causes...many decisions made in respect to game play cause people to react in certain ways --- the game rewards running over more with less with little regard to losing gain <read RP>.. Even with the permanent 25% bonus <which is a decent attempt at a 'fix'> but , there are structural flaws that are more responsible for the situation we are in...which is functionally Phoenix now mirrors live....which for most, isn't a good thing. Leaders or no, it is incredibly hard to rally 40 to fight 80 when you can run around and do as well or better just task hoping or PvE'ing twrs and keeps.

gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 4:28 PM
A high realm timer / encouraging more realm loyalty would not necessarily have helped, the best case study for that was uthgard 2 hibernia.

With the difference that you`ll be lvl 50 and halfway rvr rdy (depending on class) on this server within 24 h played. How long was it on Uthgard 2 if you switched realms? 4 weeks played? 6? 8? We should ask Relvinian.

Return to “RvR”