New here, a couple quick state of game questions

Started 22 Mar 2021
by Shadewe
in Midgard
Hello all! New here, played on Uthgard a while back, though I would look into Pheonix

A few questions if I may...(and not trying to sound down here)

1) What is game population like? Solid enough?

2) I have noticed leveling is very fast; I take it xp was adjusted? Do people still group for PvE (1-50) or just RvR?

3) I have read a few posts; are RvR and full groups very hardcore here? I have seen posts referring to needing optimum classes and RR5 minimum to get a group. Reason I ask is I want to avoid playing to 45-50 just to find out I will never group again.

4) What is community like? Casual, friendly, other?

Thank you in advance.
Mon 22 Mar 2021 5:55 PM by joshisanonymous
Shadewe wrote:
Mon 22 Mar 2021 4:25 PM
Hello all! New here, played on Uthgard a while back, though I would look into Pheonix

A few questions if I may...(and not trying to sound down here)

1) What is game population like? Solid enough?

2) I have noticed leveling is very fast; I take it xp was adjusted? Do people still group for PvE (1-50) or just RvR?

3) I have read a few posts; are RvR and full groups very hardcore here? I have seen posts referring to needing optimum classes and RR5 minimum to get a group. Reason I ask is I want to avoid playing to 45-50 just to find out I will never group again.

4) What is community like? Casual, friendly, other?

Thank you in advance.

1) Certainly solid enough. From what I understand, population is better than Live, and all realms have pretty regular BGs running. For other types of gameplay, it varies with time and playstyle.

2) XP is adjusted in several ways, actually. I think the regular rate is faster, but there's also mob type bonuses (/realm task), personal XP tasks (/task) Phoenix Eggs that you turn into your trainer, task tokens that you turn into your trainer, and kill task items dropped from mobs that can be turned in (and also bought from housing). I'm not sure how grouping for XP is lately, but it has historically been good and readily available. The recurrent PvP leveling event (just missed it this past weekend) might be eating into that, though.

3) Mileage may vary? There are certainly hardcore 8mans running around, but they've sort of ostracized themselves from the rest of the server (except when they decide to run around killing solos). On the other hand, Mid BGs are pretty welcoming in terms of grouping even really poor group classes like SBs. I think there's a lot in between, too, and some of your success in this area probably depends on your guild, too.

4) Mostly friendly, but there will always be some bad eggs. I think the GMs do a pretty good job of removing the trash, and Mid has a lot of helpful players and guilds in it.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics