Warrior Questions and item theorycrafting

Started 21 Jul 2020
by ex2j
in Midgard
hello!
I am back to daoc after over 15 years and my warrior ll hit 50 tomorrow.
I have a few questions.
1. Which 2h and 1h hammer are best? I think on phoenix, the best weapon is one with life leech. Right? Dragon shadow from tg for feathers have that proc. Are rogs with life leech equal or worse?
2. Are attack speed and the quality of rogs importan? Does a weapon with 100% quali more dmg then a 99%? Lesser miss chance?
3. It took a long time after slam, that my next swing starts. Would it be faster, when I slam with a small shield instead a large one?
If yes, is it normal to run 3 weaponsets: hammer+ large, hammer+ small and 2h?
4. Is item lvl for a shield importan for missing chance or something else? Especially interesting for small one just for slaming and swap 2h, because I like a special small shield but its around lvl 40.
5. Are there any other must have items for a warrior?
6. Which ra should I spec to 5L5?
And last: if somebody have usefull items for me as a donation, i would be ultra happy. I am a poor boy and it seems very expensive to build a warrior temp.

Thank you for your time and help!
Tue 21 Jul 2020 11:41 PM by Kurbsen
1) 1h hammer - frozen blackhearted hammer - dex/qui debuff proc
2h hammer- the 5.6 dragon-shadow you mentioned is nice for the proc yes. Use that for groups or when solo use the 5.7 dragonstorm with dot proc (only solo, dot breaks cc)
rogs with lifeleach = 95 dd and 60% return health and the feather ones are 65?dd and 100% return

2) quality of rog jewelry does not matter. A 100% weapon will hit for 1% dmg more at rr5.

3) Slam with small shield always, less endo usage. Can always swap to large shield when blocking 3 or more attackers at once.
yes thats a thing to do with swapping. The best swapping you can teach yourself right now is shield/2h swapping tho. example, block enemy attack with shield, then swap to 2h and hit, then immediately swap back to shield. Once you learn your swing timers it becomes easier to do this and youll increase defense a lot ( specially in a 1v1)

4) yes, use lvl 51. 100% quality crafted are easy to get.

5) Must haves, put 11.3 dmg add proc for 1000 feathers on your shield, it can proc when you slam/block. Heart of legions, (heal proc charge), skin scrap of legion (end charge), those two legion items can be used from inventory and dont need to be in template.

6) for group, det9, purge, dashing defense. for solo, purge/ip/pain/strength
Wed 22 Jul 2020 2:38 AM by ex2j
Wow very nice answer!
For 3). Is it just less endu or will I get a shorter delay after slam for my next 2h swing with a small shield?
5) what other procs I should weare? All heal or mix of ablative absorb and healing?
Again 3) so when I did a 2hit swing, I can swap to shield while I waiting for the next 2h swing without reset the swing timer?!
Wed 22 Jul 2020 5:07 AM by Kurbsen
3) yes less endo and a shorter delay till swing cuz small shield is a 2.8 speed. And also yes, hit with 2h, take shield out, wait maybe 4 seconds? or whatever your swing speed timer is with haste/buffs, swap to 2h, style, then swap back to shield immediately.

5) im big fan of the feather heal chest, then heal proc on sleeves/helm and then ablative on legs/boots/gloves
Fri 24 Jul 2020 6:21 AM by inoeth
frozen blackhearted hammer also has dq debuff , frigid azure crusher is hib item

also im not sure if dots break cc? was there not a recent change? or just bleeds?
Fri 24 Jul 2020 6:45 AM by ExcretusMaximus
inoeth wrote:
Fri 24 Jul 2020 6:21 AM
frozen blackhearted hammer also has dq debuff , frigid azure crusher is hib item

also im not sure if dots break cc? was there not a recent change? or just bleeds?

Just bleeds.
Fri 24 Jul 2020 1:52 PM by ex2j
Where do i get the 1h hammer? I googled and it seems to be a dragon loot but npc didnt show me
Fri 24 Jul 2020 4:57 PM by Kurbsen
go to the feather merchants in jord. should be under the TG merchant. Also I stand corrected on the name. Got them mixed up. The mid d/q debuff is frozen blackhearted hammer
Sun 26 Jul 2020 8:54 PM by ex2j
Do i use the side combo? Always back seems better.
Do i should use anytimer as backup or can i just spam sledgehammer and conquerer as backup, so I auto use right backline skill?

I always slam target first. Is that good? Should I wait till they run away?
Is 2h so much more dps then 1h? I often guard ppl around me and sitting on 1h+shield
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics