First time running a Savage

Started 21 Jul 2020
by SicMajik
in Midgard
So as the title says its my first time running as a Sav and have some questions about the class. Whats the best spec to run as for group RvR? For a Template am I just trying to max out Str/Con/Dex/Qui/Hits/Sav/H2H/Parry plus resists? How much does a Temp set go for? Also what is a good website/program to build a Temp? I was told SC'r dislike Loki...

Also any helpful RvR tips would be welcome, such as great skills to pay attention to more so then I had to during PvE. I ended up Tanking more so during my PvE days so it was basically 3 weapon skills I truly had to use.

Thanks guys
Tue 21 Jul 2020 3:25 PM by kratoxin
SicMajik wrote:
Tue 21 Jul 2020 2:30 PM
So as the title says its my first time running as a Sav and have some questions about the class. Whats the best spec to run as for group RvR? For a Template am I just trying to max out Str/Con/Dex/Qui/Hits/Sav/H2H/Parry plus resists? How much does a Temp set go for? Also what is a good website/program to build a Temp? I was told SC'r dislike Loki...

Also any helpful RvR tips would be welcome, such as great skills to pay attention to more so then I had to during PvE. I ended up Tanking more so during my PvE days so it was basically 3 weapon skills I truly had to use.

Thanks guys

44 H2H, 49 Sav, rest parry is the go to spec i run it 100% of the time. Very little difference in Quad % chance and i noticed it really when i was running 50 H2H and 44 H2H, i prefer the higher haste/dmg output from buffs due to being troll race with lower quick. but usually its 50 H2H, 39 Sav, rest parry or 44 H2H 49 Sav, rest parry.

you need to cap, str/con/dex/qui/hits/h2h/parry/resists 100% sav does nothing and wont do anything to benefit with more + to it. Streng/Dex is your damage with H2H

my weaponless savage temp cost anywhere from 10-14p max with little effort.

i used Korts because i like to manually enter template info, but most use Zenkraft or Loki.

RvR I went LW1 -> Tire1 -> Purge2 -> Det9 -> Purge3 -> MoPain5, then i would probably start pushing for AoMagic5 etc.

best weapons are Paw from dragon, and crafted MP thrusters 4.0 with cold DD tincs. i swap from slash to thrust depending on the armor type im killing. there are usually no MP 4.0 thruster claws on the market so look for a LGM weaponcrafter

you generally want to keep your dmg/haste up 100% of the time, don't worry about crush/slash/thrust resist increase imho and just use your evade buff if you have a tank train on you, you don't want to make it rough on your healers to keep you up constantly. Aim for side chain mainly as it is your highest damage style, if you have a tank train use your aoe ASR (Attack Speed Reduction) style it does aoe 7% which helps the dmg on you and others. if you cant get to their side just get to their back etc, but generally try for side since the stun is 9 sec hopefully this all helps! Just remember you're the usual damage dealer so don't do any peeling etc unless you are extremely close to your group mates to take care of a pet or w/e just for a lil more assistance.

if you need any help just whisper Jollygreenjerk in game
Tue 21 Jul 2020 9:23 PM by SicMajik
Thanks sounds good, Did you make your temp yourself or did you buy your weaponless temp. Im still rather new to the whole playercrafted SC stuff so it still seems like gibberish to me at times. What did you do with your RoG items, did you just get mainly resists with whatever Str/con/dex/quick/hits on them and leave your main gear for the +skills and the rest? Is there a way I can see your Temp so I can get an idea of what I should be aiming for? I know people usually send there files to SC's. Is the Dragons claw purchasable through feathers? or is it a legit dragon only drop?

Again thanks man this helped a lot
Wed 22 Jul 2020 1:19 PM by kratoxin
SicMajik wrote:
Tue 21 Jul 2020 9:23 PM
Thanks sounds good, Did you make your temp yourself or did you buy your weaponless temp. Im still rather new to the whole playercrafted SC stuff so it still seems like gibberish to me at times. What did you do with your RoG items, did you just get mainly resists with whatever Str/con/dex/quick/hits on them and leave your main gear for the +skills and the rest? Is there a way I can see your Temp so I can get an idea of what I should be aiming for? I know people usually send there files to SC's. Is the Dragons claw purchasable through feathers? or is it a legit dragon only drop?

Again thanks man this helped a lot

generally you want the TG savage vest, TG vests are usually a sticky in templates. Templates are a puzzle really it takes time to really be good at template creation i generally make my own templates.. but bought 1 recently cause i was lazy LOL. You first need to buy RoG's first i would say for savage around 60+ util you want to aim for piece them into your template creator etc and try to not over-cap your stats/resists etc or it's just a waist of utility trust me if it's your first time making a template, TAKE YOUR TIME don't rush it or it will be a waist of plat $$.

you can buy a temp from someone sure people are always selling templates in Phoenix discord trade channel. There is no "set" templates everything is unique template wise.

Paw is purchasable through feathers yes, as is the TG savage vest, you need to do TG to get the credit though to buy those items. as well as the mini boss near the dragon i can't remember the name of it for the Paw h2h weapon.

once you piece together all of your RoG's and the TG vest you then can start puzzling your SC gear together to cap everything that is needed skill/resists/stats etc. try to not put in weapons into the SC calculator as you want to try for weaponless as it's always better that way

SC imbue cap~
37.5 is for 100 quality armor
33.5 is for 99 quality armor
Sat 25 Jul 2020 10:19 PM by SicMajik
Okay so I have completed my weaponless temp! Thanks for the help in it so far. Now my last question is the weapons I should be using, Ive been trying to catch ya online but havent seen ya in a while. Now there are 2 weapon choices in the Malmohus merchant, there is the Dragonfang and then there is Paw of the wulfen. Which one of those is the one you're talking about? Im guessing its the Paw of wulfen cause of the 4.0 speed but I dont want to buy it if thats not the one you're talking about. Im only hesitant cause of the util, but I feel at this time utility is just a number since im fully capped. Am I correct in thinking this?
Mon 27 Jul 2020 4:24 PM by kratoxin
SicMajik wrote:
Sat 25 Jul 2020 10:19 PM
Okay so I have completed my weaponless temp! Thanks for the help in it so far. Now my last question is the weapons I should be using, Ive been trying to catch ya online but havent seen ya in a while. Now there are 2 weapon choices in the Malmohus merchant, there is the Dragonfang and then there is Paw of the wulfen. Which one of those is the one you're talking about? Im guessing its the Paw of wulfen cause of the 4.0 speed but I dont want to buy it if thats not the one you're talking about. Im only hesitant cause of the util, but I feel at this time utility is just a number since im fully capped. Am I correct in thinking this?

Paw of Wulfen is best slash weapon, and the 2x thruster crafted 100 quality MP with cold dd tinctures on em.

but yes 4.0 is slowest speed and best dmg output.
Tue 28 Jul 2020 7:37 AM by inoeth
if you do a weaponless temp, look out for 4.0 ROG weapons with lifetap proc, they are better than paw of the wulfen since the proc dmg delves 95 and not just 65
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics