Re: The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery

CowwoC wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 6:05 PM
Why not higher than 40 into archery from the beginning, is Rapid Fire 2 not worth it nor the dmg if you go even higher?
Is my WS affecting my bow damage if i choose pierce? I mean, if i don't really rely on my pierce weapons - why not take the blades snare(which is cheaper) and put the other points into archery or skip on weapon arts entirely? I don't even know if the side stun(only 4seconds) is worth anything. Imagine you don't land your side snare after the stun - oof. As sniper you are probably dead if you can't kill your target in the first place nor be able to run away - i guess.

So if i would not bother to spec into weapons i would end up with something like:

48 pathfinding
45 archery
37 stealth
10 blades
13 celtic dual

or if makes no sense to spec higher than 40 into archery then:

48 pathfinding
40 archery
37 stealth
19 blades
18 celtic dual

With gaining rr you can drop stealth down to 35 and pump these points into weapon art and/ or celtic dual like you said - or bow(dunno why you would if you don't go for it right from the start).

From others' testing you don't get much extra damage above 52 comp Archery. Based on that 40 is a good stopping point for the Penetrating Arrow. RF2 isn't worth it with the endo pots in game, and even an endo heal pot if you really need it, which in nearly every situation you won't.

You can go Blades for the cheaper spec point investment but you lower WS which can reduce your chance to hit from what I remember. I may be wrong about that though, since I don't remember that info off of the top of my head.

Never go below 18 CD.

Aside from the 18 CD thing others with more experience playing the Sniper Ranger role may disagree with me and that's cool. It's important to consider what they say too.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

I did a testing on my lvl 49 archer(no temp):

Crit shot max damage on dummys was 502 with 49 into archery and 251 dmg on a normal shot.
Crit shot max damage on dummys was 435 with 40 into archery and 217 dmg on a normal shot.

both with 48 into PF.

Thats huge for the crit shot at least?!

Kwall0311 wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 7:16 PM
Not going above comp 52 archery hasnt been true since May, dont listen to what was just posted.

You should read what I said again. I said not as significant above 52, not "OMG DURN'T GO ABOVE 52!!!111oneone111", and also to get more info from people who spec and play Sniper more often.

If you have something to say, then say it. Don't just post a troll comment and move on, because that just makes you a troll. Contribute, or stay the fuck out of here.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 12 Nov 2018 12:37 PM
Arrows
Arrow Types
Using your (usually) primary weapon, you as an Archer get to do something no other physical damage class can do without a significant investment of skill points: you can change your damage type at will. This is important because if you are knowledgeable enough you can always have a bonus to the armor type of the target, except cloth, which is neutral to all damage types. These are the top tier arrows you will be using:

Regarding cloth armour: How is it affected by racial resist weaknesses? E.g. your standard humanoid i.e. Briton, Norseman and Celt are weak to thrust damage, so would using piercing arrows do more damage to them through the cloth armour? Similarly, Saracens, Dwarves and Elves are weak to crush damage, so would arrows that do crush damage work better? Similarly also with other races having different weaknesses to either crush, slash or thrust.

Return to “Hibernia”