Blademaster styles

Started 5 Jan 2021
by ProudGinger
in Hibernia
I understand the stun/peels in 8v8 and such, but what styles do bms use in rvr? Seems our positionals are limited to a side style with 0.77 GR and back style with snare with 0.65 GR. Can't keep going in these lines since the second style in each chain (side and back chain) is a bleed which is usually not recommended since you can't cc that class once they have bleed on. Do people still go with the full side chain even if it applies bleed?

For reference Merc have flank and shadow's rain (0.85 and 1.05 GR) and back chain is 0.69 and 0.92 GR

Berserker is kinda in the same boat as us but their only option is snowsquall with a 0.95 GR, secondary in the chain is a bleed also, no side chain available.

Other options is anytime styles. Bm having a 0.59 GR anytime or 0.49 with a 0.81 follow up.

Merc have a 0.59 GR anytime and zerker have doublefrost (0.75 GR)

So to my main question what styles do bm use in rvr? Full chain or just the first styles in the chain and anytime when they can't land positional.

Extra question: why is hib tanker considered superior to the other 2 realm?

Post might sound like a complaint and I understand all realm are not equal and that is fine, i'm genuinely curious as to what styles are used by bm since our GR seems lower than the other realm IF we don't do the full chain. Maybe i'm overthinking this and no matter the GR we still hit hard being the melee dps of our realm, or is a VW better in that aspect?
Tue 5 Jan 2021 3:54 AM by boridi
Bleeds do not break CC. See patch notes from June 2020. Even if they did, CC isn't as important in zerg vs zerg fights (aka real DAOC) as it is in 8v8.

Most zerkers are hammer and use the hammer side/back snares in addition to the snowsquall chain.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 3:57 AM by ProudGinger
Perfect, thank you for the answer. Exactly what I was looking for. Was under the impression bleed was breaking cc.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 9:39 AM by Sepplord
ProudGinger wrote:
Tue 5 Jan 2021 3:50 AM
Extra question: why is hib tanker considered superior to the other 2 realm?

only hearsay as i don't play 8vs8 myself, but hibtanker is considered strongest mainly because they have PBT without including a cloth-weakspot into the group. So when a tanker fights another tanker the hibtanker has an immense advantage in the peel-war and equally skilled teams will always end with the non-hib team peeled and the hibtanks not
Tue 5 Jan 2021 2:34 PM by inoeth
plus you dont necessarily have to waste a slot to a full tank -> BM has it all: slam/snare/dmg/det
Tue 5 Jan 2021 3:03 PM by ExcretusMaximus
inoeth wrote:
Tue 5 Jan 2021 2:34 PM
BM has it all

Except the entire reason you bring heavy tanks, Dashing Defense.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics