Animist Verdant Buffs on Pet GUIDE (Video)

Started 4 Oct 2020
by Toss
in Hibernia
Been quite some discussion in PVE groups about this and most people say they have done testing and what not showing that ALL BUFFS contribute to damage reduction for the verdant pet. This is not true!
The AMOUNT of buffs on the pet does NOT matter. What matters is how much of each stat the pet gets. F.ex If the pet gets 20 Dex buff or 60 Dex buff, the dmg reduction will be different.
If you MAX out all buffs needed for the pet you will get roughly 75% Damage reduction for the pet or even higher with some MoArcane.
So to make a tough Ani pet (or any pet?) you should have the strongest buffs on it by the ones who actually affects it. F.ex a Druid with MoArcane 9 Would make the pet up to 100% Stronger (in theory). I dont know how stat-cap works for the pets

Here is a quick roughly guide as how much damage reduce the pet will get from different buffs (on level 50)

Dex: 8% Dmg reduce
Con 8% Dmg reduce (Dex and Con probably giving less because they delve 10 less than AF and Specbuffs)
AF: 10% Dmg reduce
Str/Con: 10% Dmg reduce
Dex/Qui: 10% Dmg reduce

Animist Bladeturn bomber: Same as on players
Animist Ablative shroom: Same as on players
Animist Short Absorb: 25% As delve states
Animist Long Absorb: 9% As delve states (However Absorbs do not stack, you cannot get 25+9% Absorb)

What buffs are useless as of melee damage reduction...
Animist resist shrooms: 0%
Druid/Warden Resists: 0%
Druid Haste: 0%
Druid Acuity: 0%
Base STR 0%
Bard Spec-AF: 0%

Video Link to the actual tests:
https://youtu.be/etH2Ilto93Q

Enjoy!
Sun 4 Oct 2020 9:20 AM by DJ2000
Correct.

Additionally:
Verdant - Ligneous - Ablative Armor (FnF Turret) - works in conjunction with the Armor Absorption Buffs for the corresponded Delve.
Creep - Spore - Melee Damage Debuff (FnF Turret) - works in conjunction with the Armor Absorption Buffs for the corresponded Delve to lower the Damage.
Creep - Sporespawn - Melee Damage Debuff (FnF Turret, PBAoE, Pulse) - works in conjunction with the Armor Absorption Buffs for the corresponded Delve to lower the Damage.

Example: 400 Damage -20% (spore) = 320 Damage dealt -> 320 -25% Absrob = 240 Damage recieved -60 MHB = 180 Damage on unbuffed Pet.
Sun 4 Oct 2020 9:42 AM by Toss
DJ2000 wrote:
Sun 4 Oct 2020 9:20 AM
Correct.

Additionally:
Verdant - Ligneous - Ablative Armor (FnF Turret) - works in conjunction with the Armor Absorption Buffs for the corresponded Delve.
Creep - Spore - Melee Damage Debuff (FnF Turret) - works in conjunction with the Armor Absorption Buffs for the corresponded Delve to lower the Damage.
Creep - Sporespawn - Melee Damage Debuff (FnF Turret, PBAoE, Pulse) - works in conjunction with the Armor Absorption Buffs for the corresponded Delve to lower the Damage.

Example: 400 Damage -20% (spore) = 320 Damage dealt -> 320 -25% Absrob = 240 Damage recieved -60 MHB = 180 Damage on unbuffed Pet.

The Ablative pet i wrote about above. And Spore also works just as you say, but its casted on the mobs not the pet itself, it can be resisted etc, so therefor i did not include it. Could do a complete Animist pet guide but it would be quite big
Sun 4 Oct 2020 10:23 AM by DJ2000
The Animist is (if not the most) among the more complicated/convoluted classes in the Game.

The amount to write about can get enormous, if you want to cover RvR as well. (From Playstyle, Positions, GT, Decision, Pets to Realm Abilities).
Currently, it seems everyone and their mother have an Animist now, and just as many opinions are flying around in /adv on how-to-animist.

A Guide would help a lot of Players. More power to you.
Sun 4 Oct 2020 1:07 PM by Toss
Yes i would like to make a guide as i know most about the Animist but im not sure im so interested investing that amount of time Mained it since release pretty much. Reason i made this short dmg reduction guide was because i was laughed at in a Fins grp while playing my druid because i 'dont know shit' about animists. We had 2 Ani's. One verdant and the other just made lots of Resists pets and Ablatives. I explained to him how Resist didnt help and what not. Then they called me noob for not knowing 'Its been proven by pro's that ALL BUFFS count to dmg reduction'

I knew this was wrong and wanted to make a proof video, so here we are
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics